Chelsea v Norwich (PL) Tues 14th Jul 20:15 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Well it was slim pickings in the transfer market this morning. 

Team News

We’re lining up with a decent pairing of Hobgoblin Gold & Ringwood Razor Back in the middle flanked by an Old Golden Hen on the left and a Dark Star Hophead on the right.

Might see if I can do a straight swap for the bottle of King Goblin my brother has in the fridge for two weeks but my line up will be just a shoddy as the one Chelsea have been putting out if not!

Some fine beers. Dark Star make some wonderful beers. The Harp pub near Trafalgar Square has a good selection of Dark Star beers. I'll be drinking beers by Tankley's and Beerblefish.

15 hours ago, ddrblue said:

Pogba looked well off it tonite > can you build a team round him ? > DDG cant catch a cold ,so he was never comming off his line 

to take charge in that last corner by catching the ball .

the mancs looked knackered in second half ,but i still expected you lot to see the game out since its man utd etc etc > i guess that half my head still thinks of man utd when purple nose was at the helm and not Ole at the wheel like today .

on a side note ,that tune that man utd come out to > this is the one / Stone roses > i pay for a match ticket to be in score board paddock just to hear that been blasted out 

I don't think you can build a team around Pogba; at least Ole can't. But, having said that, the players he's had around him for the past few years haven't been conducive to getting the best out of him. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that he'll be on his way soon. Bringing him back from Juve was a monumental error. The story was that when the move was organized, Raiola told Pogba that he'd be in Manchester for three years and then Spain; and I'm sure that is still the preferred destination. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ole will go if we don't get CL football by finishing top four or winning the EL. Poch is still unemployed and he has a lot of admirers at Old Trafford. Even so, until Woodward is moved out of the DOF position, it won't make a huge difference but at least Poch is used to working for a skinflint.

DDG pulled off one spectacular save then was absent at the corner. He doesn't command his area and neither do Maguire or Lindelof. It was a soft goal to concede. LB needs to be addressed too. Williams is a decent prospect but Shaw has never lived up to the hype. Greenwood is special and with Rashford and Martial, makes for a formidable front three. James is limited, Matic is getting on, Mata too and so the bulk of the midfield creative work is down to Fernandes. I still can't believe we paid £80 million for Maguire. Leicester must be laughing their heads off still.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Some fine beers. Dark Star make some wonderful beers. The Harp pub near Trafalgar Square has a good selection of Dark Star beers. I'll be drinking beers by Tankley's and Beerblefish.

That’s old men’s pub. I recommend Craft beer co on old street, some fantastic beers there.

I think I would go for:

Kepa

James  Azpilicueta Christsensen  Zouma  Alonso

Jorginho Kovacic Mount

Hudson-Odoi Giroud Pulisic

I'm sick to death of our terrible defence, so let's try 3 CBs again and see how it goes, with Alsono and James supporting the attack.

Willian looked tired last game and has played a lot recently, so I'd give Hudson-Odoi a chance to regain some form and fitness.

And Abraham has been pretty awful, so Giroud has to start for me.

12 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

That’s old men’s pub. I recommend Craft beer co on old street, some fantastic beers there.

Just now, Munkworth said:

Probably why @Boyne likes it then :blush2:

Indeed. I'm of that age now! I used to work near the Harp so would pop in there after finishing work. 

Looking back at the sheffield utd game it is quite obvious that the team was fatigued. Lamps has barely rotated besides Giroud and Abraham. 

We need to rotate today and also against man u in the cup to keep us fresh for the big ones at the end of the season

Kepa

Azpi   Rudiger   Zouma  Alonso

Kovacic

Mount       Barkley

CHO      GIROUD      PULISIC

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

I think I would go for:

Kepa

Jorginho Kovacic Mount

I'm sick to death of our terrible defence, so let's try 3 CBs again and see how it goes, with Alsono and James supporting the attack.

Willian looked tired last game and has played a lot recently, so I'd give Hudson-Odoi a chance to regain some form and fitness.

Yeah I would go with that. 

3-4-3 

kepa 

azbi christensen zouma

james kova mount alonso 

cho giroud pulisic

we are too vulnerable at the back. And we seem to concede against every team.

this game is a must win and we can’t piss about with conceding stupid goals.

Edited by Jezq8

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

I think I would go for:

Kepa

Jorginho Kovacic Mount

do you think they'll notice we have 12 on the pitch?

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It’d great if we could field 12 players mate but I think we’d still be sh*t :wink:

How many would it take before we weren't sh*t?

If we sneaked 13 on the pitch and played 5 in a back 3 I think we could seriously plug that defense.

2 hours ago, Stretford Ender said:

I don't think you can build a team around Pogba; at least Ole can't. But, having said that, the players he's had around him for the past few years haven't been conducive to getting the best out of him. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that he'll be on his way soon. Bringing him back from Juve was a monumental error. The story was that when the move was organized, Raiola told Pogba that he'd be in Manchester for three years and then Spain; and I'm sure that is still the preferred destination. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ole will go if we don't get CL football by finishing top four or winning the EL. Poch is still unemployed and he has a lot of admirers at Old Trafford. Even so, until Woodward is moved out of the DOF position, it won't make a huge difference but at least Poch is used to working for a skinflint.

DDG pulled off one spectacular save then was absent at the corner. He doesn't command his area and neither do Maguire or Lindelof. It was a soft goal to concede. LB needs to be addressed too. Williams is a decent prospect but Shaw has never lived up to the hype. Greenwood is special and with Rashford and Martial, makes for a formidable front three. James is limited, Matic is getting on, Mata too and so the bulk of the midfield creative work is down to Fernandes. I still can't believe we paid £80 million for Maguire. Leicester must be laughing their heads off still.

I've been posting on the Red Cafe for years now and have had loads of decent exchanges. You get the odd big mouth but generally if I stick to what I know I tend to enjoy posting there. Many of the Man U fans are interested to get a different perspective.

I haven't been in there recently but I was surprised earlier in the season by how many fans wanted Ole out. He was a legend at Utd and I thought the fans would have bit more patience. He's definately come good since the break and I would be very surprised if Utd didn't get 3rd or 4th.

You know it could get a bit rocky with the semi on sunday don't you. On the day of the match the respectful niceties seem to fade and peoples feelings tend to take over. To be honest I think even with Utds performance last night they could still turn Chelsea over on sunday. The attacking force is as good as anybody at the moment and I never thought Martial would come as good as this. Can Utd turn us over 4 times in season?? Apparently Kante will be back and we tend to raise our game against the big sides. It will be a real humdinger.

6 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Going to be an enjoyable win for us tonight,

Kepa

Azpilicueta ; Rudiger ; Zouma

James ; Jorginho ; Kovacic ; Alonso

Willian ; Giroud ; Pulisic

I don't think we need 5 defenders +Jorg & Kova against Norwich, I would replace Alonso & Jorginho with Mount & Barkley.

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I don't think we need 5 defenders +Jorg & Kova against Norwich, I would replace Alonso & Jorginho with Mount & Barkley.

I don’t know, Alonso is almost like a winger. He’s probably our best attacking threat at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I'm not envisaging James and Alonso doing a lot of defending to be fair, and I did debate with myself about starting Barkley instead of Jorginho ?

I fancied a bit more potential stability than we would have with a 4-3-3.  If we do play 4-3-3 then I hope the centre back pairing is Rudiger and Zouma.

4-3-3 :

Kepa

Azpilicueta ; Rudiger ; Zouma ; Alonso

Kovacic ; Mount ; Barkley

Willian ; Giroud ; Pulisic

Edited by Sexyfootball

Would like to see Abraham start again. Norwich will attack and when we are on the break, Abraham will be a better option for the counter etc. Then start Giroud for Untied. Also Abraham got 2 goals in the reverse fixture. 

Not a line up that inspires much confidence in me.

Not that there is a defence he could put out which would, but seeing Rudiger, Zouma and Alonso starting in a back 4, is always cause for concern.

I feel like Willian should have been rested, he's played too much lately and looked tired last game.