coco

Chelsea v Norwich (PL) Tues 14th Jul 20:15 GMT

Which Norwich player hasn't scored all season and now can't wait for this game.

Or, they have let in most goals by far this season but are just about to keep their first clean sheet.

CFC - have a habit of bucking trends!!

No matter how bad we have been Norwich have been worse. They got thrashed at home by West Ham.

Foes not matter who Frank picks, they should be good enough and our goal difference is so poor we dont need to think about playing catch up there. So may as well rest some players and get minutes in to those who have not had many. Let players like Pulisic and Willian be rested for the FA cup .

Willy Cab

James

Rudiger

Tomori (or Christensen)

Alonso

Jorginho

Kovacic

RLC

Batman

Abraham

CHO

I'd love for Kante to be back but I think it unlikely or, if he is, he would be getting rushed back out of desperation and would be playing at 80% and just risking further injury.

It really is at a point where we may as well let the defence choose who to play through a best of three game of shove penny shove.

I am certainly not for bring complacent just because its Norwich. We have been sh*te for weeks and any team in the league can see points in us.

Surely Kovacic and Giroud will start ahead of Tammy and maybe Mount. I can see Jorginho starting again assuming Kante is not available. I also expect Alonso will be brought back in. Personally I'd put Azpilicueta back in the centre if we go for four at the back. Or go with the wing backs and three in the centre.

Whoever we pick at the back I suspect  it's going to be another chocolate air biscuit 90 minutes.

22 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Which Norwich player hasn't scored all season and now can't wait for this game.

Or, they have let in most goals by far this season but are just about to keep their first clean sheet.

CFC - have a habit of bucking trends!!

Ricky van Wolfswinkel could score against us at the moment.

Pressure is off them now, they probably can play without fear now. If we could concede 4-5 clear cut chances a game, there's no reason Norwich can't score a couple against us, if they manage to hold their backline together. I wouldn't bother playing Kante for this game, throw on RLC as an extra attacking option.

Problem is, they will park the bus and we'll have no idea what to do. Hoping for the players to actually turn up for this game. If they do, we should be ok.

25 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Draw or lost, Norwich will turn up and exploit our suicidal defensive setup 

Especially if lamps starts James and Christensen on the right side of defense. It is so funny how Lampard always gives James,Christensen and Abraham  a second third and fourth chance to prove themselves but once Alonso has a bad game he is binned. Okay Alonso f**ked up for Westhams 3rd goal by over attacking and not tracking back but Christensen and James have made more mistakes during this restart and the less said about Tammys form since december the better.

I just think lampard plays favorites with the homegrown players and that could be his undoing when its all said and done. I am all for giving them a chance but everyone needs to be treated the same way when they f**k up. Thank God Giroud didnt leave us when Lampard was playing favourites with Abraham and even putting Batshuayi on the bench while leaving Giroud in the stands. He could easily have left us in January to get minutes so as to make the French Euro Squad. 

Time for Pukki to fill his boots, I'm sure he hasn't scored for a while.

I really don't know what to say about our defence, it reminds me very much of 2015-2016 season where we lost so many games because our organisation and desire were so poor.

We really need to beat Norwich as Liverpool and Wolves will be tough games.

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

No matter how bad we have been Norwich have been worse. They got thrashed at home by West Ham.

Foes not matter who Frank picks, they should be good enough and our goal difference is so poor we dont need to think about playing catch up there. So may as well rest some players and get minutes in to those who have not had many. Let players like Pulisic and Willian be rested for the FA cup .

Willy Cab

James

Rudiger

Tomori (or Christensen)

Alonso

Jorginho

Kovacic

RLC

Batman

Abraham

CHO

Alright I will be more serious.

I do not see Norwich parking the bus. They have their style of being a more attack minded side their manager has stuck with. He wants to take the same to the opponent.

Regardless I feel attack is our best form of defence for this game. I would also like to see Dave tried out as Zoumas partner if Tomori remains out.

Kepa

James

Azpi

Zouma

Alonso

Jorginho

Mount

RLC

CHO

Abraham

Pulisic

I expect us to have a couple by halftime and can then look to bring of Pulisic. Give Ruben 65-70 minutes.

I expect a strong reaction after yesterday’s disappointment but will shy away from a prediction. Like Loz, I’d  be really surprised if Kova and Giroud don’t start.

I can't be sure that we won this game.
We reached this level.

Against a club that is already dead, that doesn't even win a team of pensioners, I can't be sure of victory.

But also, as we don't win this, it is putting Frank and his fetish players plus their amateur staff all on a bus direct to an auction for Championship clubs.
Which is where most of them deserve to be.
Starting with Frank.

Frank is the biggest problem and it will be a problem that most can see it.

35 minutes ago, Mr. President said:

I can't be sure that we won this game.
We reached this level.

Against a club that is already dead, that doesn't even win a team of pensioners, I can't be sure of victory.

But also, as we don't win this, it is putting Frank and his fetish players plus their amateur staff all on a bus direct to an auction for Championship clubs.
Which is where most of them deserve to be.
Starting with Frank.

Frank is the biggest problem and it will be a problem that most can see it.

Amateur staff? You will have to do better than that. If Chelsea are so poor then why are they third in the league. With the greatest of respect your post makes little sense.

10 hours ago, bluesfan said:

Problem is, they will park the bus and we'll have no idea what to do.

Have you seen Norwich play this season?

At this point I'm not even sure who should play anymore. I hope Lampard does. Any kind of win will do, 90 min screamer from 35 yards sure I take it, Kepa in 95' from a corner by Willian, sure I take it. Just win...

Posted (edited)

Huge break by Bournemouth beating Leicester. I did not get a chance to see the Sheffield Utd match live and with the result, did not waste my time. Feel I have a good idea of how we looked based on the numerous comments on here.

Obviously need to win this one after the dire result of Saturday. Should win this. If not, we have lost the plot entirely.

As much as I hate it, Man United is looking like they will seal 3rd position over the next 4 matches for them. They are in great form (with an easy fixture list) and on pace for 70 points. Come on Southampton on Monday!

With this weekend’s results, it may now truly be a three club race for 4th. Chelsea 60, Leicester 59 and Wolves 55.

As much as we should never say Chelsea will win the next match, I am stepping out and saying we win the next one with Norwich and if we don’t, just shake your head. So that is 63 for us with two to play.

Leicester is home to Sheffield Utd. Wow, this could go any direction and with Leicester’s form, a Sheffield win is not out of the question.

Wolves have an easy path until the final match of the season at Stamford Bridge, at Burnley and home to Crystal Palace, who has completed switched off mentally. So go ahead and give the Wolves all six points and 61 head to the Bridge.

I think Leicester will lose at least one of their next two, either Sheffield Utd or at Spurs. So I’ll put them at 62 heading to the final match vs Man United at King Power.

Baring a shocker vs Southampton tomorrow, Man United Jumps to 3rd.

Both we and Man United play only 1 match (after Southampton match today) through next Monday the 21st (due to FA Cup semi final), whereas Leicester and Wolves will have played two with only their final game remaining.

So after games of Monday, July 21st, this is the likely table based on the results above:

3rd - Man United 64 (West Ham, at Leicester)

4th - Chelsea 63 (at Liverpool, Wolves)

5th - Leicester 62 (Man United) (Or 65 points if they win both of next two)

6th - Wolves 61 (at Chelsea)

There are still many permutations of these last 3 match days. 

Let’s simplify the scenarios. Here’s your cheat sheet:

If we only beat Norwich, Leicester must drop 6 or more points vs Sheffield U, Spurs and Man U. Wolves must drop 2 or more Points vs Burn, Palace and Chelsea.

If we beat Norwich and (Liverpool or Wolves), Leicester most drop 3 or more points vs Sheffield U, Spurs and Man U. Does not matter what Wolves do.

If we beat Norwich and draw with (Liverpool or Wolves), Leicester needs to drop 5 or more points vs Sheffield U, Spurs and Man U. Wolves would need to drop 2 or more points vs Burn, Palace and Chelsea or we need to beat Wolves by GD. So start hoping we beat Norwich by large GD.

If we lose out, it’s difficult, everyone else must lose too.

If Leicester and Wolves each win their next two, we must beat Norwich and (Liverpool or Wolves) and somehow hope Man U beats Leicester OR hope we draw/win at Liverpool and beat Wolves and hope Leicester loses or draws vs Man U.

So all this to say the next four days will say a lot. We beat Norwich and Leicester draw or lose and Wolves draw or lose, we are sitting pretty well.

I am guessing we will need to beat Norwich and Wolves to make Top 4 and have some folks knock off Leicester.

Hope this helps you see what must happen for us. All subject to change after next 7 days of action of course (lol).

Come on you Chelsea!!

Edited by Chelsea Buzz