Erling Haaland

driller97

9 minutes ago, Deino said:

Part of me wants him. Another part of me is scared that he'll flop. 

Plenty of talented strikers has flopped at Chelsea.

The theme seems to be the team sorely lacks finishers but we buy only the finishers and they flop. The only ones to succeed per se are those who can fashion a chance by themselves. 

If he can do that, then he could flourish

Zero chance of him flopping. Have you seen his CL record at that age? Destined to be the new Zlatan.

15 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If we finish top 4 Roman will try to get him. I still fear that Man City signs him, after all they need a new striker...

I'm certain that we aren't big enough for him, city might be. They've got the cash, the clout and they'll win the league this year. 

Controversial maybe, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him at city as I'd just love to see him in the premier league. 

I can see him going to madrid.

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I'm certain that we aren't big enough for him, city might be. They've got the cash, the clout and they'll win the league this year. 

Controversial maybe, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him at city as I'd just love to see him in the premier league. 

I can see him going to madrid.

On one side yea but this also means that he would be tearing the league for a long time for Man City as well so it's a double edge sword there :sadwalk: 

Haaland will go where his Agent has planned for him to go, his career route has been planned already, with him ending up at either Madrid or Barcelona to maximise his exposure and make as much money as possible. The trophies and footballing side of it is secondary unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Haaland will go where his Agent has planned for him to go, his career route has been planned already, with him ending up at either Madrid or Barcelona to maximise his exposure and make as much money as possible. The trophies and footballing side of it is secondary unfortunately.

I do think that actually makes it more likely that we will see him with us at some point. He's young enough to play for us, City, Real Madrid AND PSG. Probably not Barcelona seeing as how broke they are ... 🙂

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I do think that actually makes it more likely that we will see him with us at some point. He's young enough to play for us, City, Real Madrid AND PSG. Probably not Barcelona seeing as how broke they are ... 🙂

Thats true, he could easily end up with us.

On 01/02/2021 at 20:03, ducavis said:

Zero chance of him flopping. Have you seen his CL record at that age? Destined to be the new Zlatan.

We've been saying that since forever.  The previous record of our former strikers are all good! 

It's when they've spent 2months or so in Chelsea that their knack for scoring just disappears. 

On 02/02/2021 at 16:53, dkw said:

His agent is fecking Mino Raiola though.. 

27 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Anywhere other than City, this would just be Aguero 2.0 and they would be set for another 5 or so years until he moves to one of the big 2.

I read somewhere that Man City is hoping to win the league and with that to lure Haaland which would be a bigger argument than just top 4. I hope we reach top 4 by the end of the season and Tuchel could then explain to Haaland that we have bigger youth talent than Man City overall.

I don't know if Pep would go there because he's linked with Barca but I personally think Depay would be a good replacement for Aguero.

Most likely I think Haaland stays until next season and goes once his clause kicks in unless a team puts £80m+ on the table.

Two factors that are going against Dortmund rn is their form which could see them miss ucl and then Sancho and Erling will definitely want to leave. Secondly, apparently they need to balance their books.

I'd expect they sell Sancho to United this summer or another big team and a bidding war for Erling next summer. Unless they miss ucl, then bidding war is moved forward to this summer.

If I could choose just one striker from the world it would be Haaland. Love his mentality, ability and goalscoring madness. He would fit our squad in terms of profile but I just think he would opt to make a bigger jump in his career going to maybe Real, Barcelona or City. We are just not there anytime soon. 

I'm not sure now is the moment for him to jump to a big 3 club. I think he's 20 so he could do with some more experience at this elite level before hitting the pinnacle. I could see us bridging that gap for him, I'm personally not that invested in this signing, but I'd sign him just to prevent Liverpool and Man City getting him.

I remember when Pep came and they hoovered up all the best young talent they could and I'd hate to see it happen again so purely for that reason I hope he doesn't go to City.