Erling Haaland

driller97

On 12/05/2022 at 14:21, ducavis said:

According to The Athletic he was signed by City’s Sporting Director, and Pep had to be convinced of the signing. Will be interesting to see how this plays out going forward. Pep has never liked using a target man. Didn’t he bin Zlatan after one season? Lewandowski is the only one I think that he has worked well with, and he was also a club signing. Only difference is/was he is a more complete forward, he can drop deep and link up play. Halaand is atrocious in this respect, and can’t play with his back to goal.

Won’t be surprised but will be interesting to see him drop him and see how he reacts. Think he has benched Grealish for all their big games despite being their record signing.

With Grealish (despite the massive fee) he seems quite grounded and somewhat humble and has taken to Pep’s management to him quite well.. considering. Haaland however, this is the guy they are trying to market as Mbappe’s generational ‘rival’, not so sure how he’ll react to the same treatment. 

Edited by Term_X

On 12/05/2022 at 21:21, ducavis said:

Lewandowski is the only one I think that he has worked well with, and he was also a club signing. Only difference is/was he is a more complete forward, he can drop deep and link up play. Halaand is atrocious in this respect, and can’t play with his back to goal.

Pep was ready to bin Lewandowski and he actually did before the 5 goals in 9 minutes masterclass came

Edited by Deino

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, TheGermanOne said:

next hattrick for Haaland.

He is terrorizing the defenders in the PL and they are unable to stop him.

It’s Man-City, there was never any doubt, turning the PL into a farmers league. Everything always goes perfectly for them, all the luck in the world and never a cloudy day.

9 goals in August, that’s something else. I’d be happy if one of our players scored 9 in a season at the moment 

to be fair City have had a fairly easy run of teams, when they come up against a half decent team they drew (Newcastle) 

nevertheless 9 goals in August 😳

• 4 weeks later...

I have admired and liked plenty of players from opposition teams over the years, I can safely say Haaland is the only one I really wished played for us. The guy is an absolute machine and makes goal scoring look so easy. Have to think he will have a dip in form at some point but the way he's playing at the moment it's hard to see that coming.

I read yesterday he is only 8 goals off the tally for last seasons golden boot, there are still 30 games left to play so you'd have to think he will easily smash that. I reckon he could smash the premier league record for 34 goals in a season. Realistically think he could get 40-45 goals in the Prem this season. 

Just a machine, he is unreal.  I think it is one of those rare occasions where you just have to put your hands up and say fair play to Citeh for landing him as long has he stays fit it is season over for the rest of us. 

... Off the pitch he oozes class also,  great in interview, he has already been upfront and honest about moving on after a few season etc.  

Except  when they play us, I am genuinely excited about watching him, I have never said that about an opposition player in all my years, Can't wait to see how VVD handles him in two weeks time 😀 

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I have admired and liked plenty of players from opposition teams over the years, I can safely say Haaland is the only one I really wished played for us. The guy is an absolute machine and makes goal scoring look so easy. Have to think he will have a dip in form at some point but the way he's playing at the moment it's hard to see that coming.

I read yesterday he is only 8 goals off the tally for last seasons golden boot, there are still 30 games left to play so you'd have to think he will easily smash that. I reckon he could smash the premier league record for 34 goals in a season. Realistically think he could get 40-45 goals in the Prem this season. 

My new default reply to the whole Haaland goal scoring thing (as announced yesterday in the match thread): well yeah, but he's ugly. 

Look out for a drop in form now!

5 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Earning almost £1m a week according to reports. Base salary with "almost guaranteed bonuses". 

More indication we dropped out last summer not because of transfer fee, but demands. 

A £1m per week? What’s the source?

13 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

He has earned his 900k a week already, apart from injuries can't see anytime stopping him ( with KDB, Bernado etc behind him). I do believe he won't hang around MC beyond 2-3 seasons, his agent already planned a route out to world domination.

I know it's extremely small sample size but I find the fact they're not yet top despite all the records he's smashing so far quite encouraging (not for now but in terms of competing with them if/when we get our own house in order).