Erling Haaland

driller97

Haaland is a great player and destined for a big future.  But let's be honest - just look and listen to Romelu.  We signed a man, and at this time, Haaland is still a boy (albeit an immense talent).

Edited by PhilH930

3 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Haaland is a great player and destined for a big future.  But let's be honest - just look and listen to Romelu.  We signed a man, and at this time, Haaland is still a boy (albeit an immense talent).

There is at least one advantage Lukaku has over Haaland: Lukaku has proved himself in the PL. As we all know, that's not a given when it comes to players new to the PL. 

If the rumor about his demand is true, only City and United could afford him, after let go 2-3 players. City may just wait it out until January and activate that clause. Whoever signs up will get loads of goals, but lose a lot of money.

Just imagine paying all that just to find out you've bought the Norwegian Andrej Kramarić (20 BL goals last season) and his stats are all padded out by the Bundesliga.  Paying nearly £1 million a week for the next Henrikh Mkhitaryan would hurt.  I'm happy with Lukaku now thanks.

9 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If the rumor about his demand is true, only City and United could afford him, after let go 2-3 players. City may just wait it out until January and activate that clause. Whoever signs up will get loads of goals, but lose a lot of money.

Not so sure about that.

Scoring load of goals in the BL doesn't guarantee you'll do the same in the PL. Just ask Werner and Kai.

The Financial Times are claiming that Haaland's transfer would cost around £500m over five years, for fee, wages and agent's fees in total.

That would be a risky transfer for any club in terms of return-on-investment. Haaland would need to perform at Messi/Ronaldo levels for five years and his wages mean that selling him to another club at a profit is unlikely too.

For comparison, let's look at Lukaku, who will cost around ~£200m over the next five years in transfer fee, wages and agent costs.  Haaland costs 2.5x as much and so for an adequate return on investment, he would need to be 2.5x better than Lukaku. 

• For every 20 goals + assists that Lukaku scores, Haaland would need to score/provide 50
  • For every 2 trophies Lukaku wins for Chelsea, Haaland must win 5
  • For every £10m in shirt-sale revenue Lukaku brings in, Haaland needs to bring in £25m

etc.

In my mind there is no doubt Haaland will be one of, if not the best goalscorer over the next few years no matter what league he plays in. That is a given. However the total difference he makes to a team may not as be as significant.

With the above numbers, Haaland would not just need to be an instant success, but at the level of Ronaldo/Messi's best seasons for five years merely to make the transfer economically viable. 

Edited by SydneyChelsea

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

The Financial Times are claiming that Haaland's transfer would cost around £500m over five years, for fee, wages and agent's fees in total.

That would be a risky transfer for any club in terms of return-on-investment. Haaland would need to perform at Messi/Ronaldo levels for five years and his wages mean that selling him to another club at a profit is unlikely too.

For comparison, let's look at Lukaku, who will cost around ~£200m over the next five years in transfer fee, wages and agent costs.  Haaland costs 2.5x as much and so for an adequate return on investment, he would need to be 2.5x better than Lukaku. 

• For every 20 goals + assists that Lukaku scores, Haaland would need to score/provide 50
  • For every 2 trophies Lukaku wins for Chelsea, Haaland must win 5
  • For every £10m in shirt-sale revenue Lukaku brings in, Haaland needs to bring in £25m

etc.

In my mind there is no doubt Haaland will be one of, if not the best goalscorer over the next few years no matter what league he plays in. That is a given. However the total difference he makes to a team may not as be as significant.

With the above numbers, Haaland would not just need to be an instant success, but at the level of Ronaldo/Messi's best seasons for five years merely to make the transfer economically viable. 

For all the goals he scores, it's still not proven that it actually translates into trophies.

At Red Bull Salzburg he won the league twice in the two seasons he was there, but Salzburg are in any case on a streak of eight straight titles, and they won 5 in a row before Haaland, and also won the title after he left with Patson Daka as his replacement.

At Dortmund, they've won a single German cup in his two seasons. Granted it is extremely difficult to displace Bayern at the top of the tree in Germany.

Huge gamble to fork out £500M for 5 years ... and probably one only Perez is crazy (desperate) enough to take on ....

On 26/08/2021 at 01:37, JM7 said:

Whoever signs him is going to get screwed over by him and his agent. I’m glad we’ve dodged that bullet. 

This ^^^  I don't understand such high agent fees in football which clearly presents a conflict of interests for the agent. You know he is going to negotiate an opt out provision after three years which will work in favor of him (higher agent fees for the next contract) and in some respects Haaland if he performs at a high level and earns a bigger contract from his next team. 

Seems destined for Man United to me, seen a fair bit written he is their top target. They will pay him and Rinoa handsomely, and I believe those quoted wages just further points out Haaland really had no interest in joining us.

He did say all along he considers us a "small team"

Think Real will be happy enough to let him be a miss as they will get Pogba and Mbappe on free transfers.

I expect City and United to go head to head for Haaland, and United to win.

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Seems destined for Man United to me, seen a fair bit written he is their top target. They will pay him and Rinoa handsomely, and I believe those quoted wages just further points out Haaland really had no interest in joining us.

He did say all along he considers us a "small team"

Think Real will be happy enough to let him be a miss as they will get Pogba and Mbappe on free transfers.

I expect City and United to go head to head for Haaland, and United to win.

And the loser gets Kane... Not bad

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Huge gamble to fork out £500M for 5 years ... and probably one only Perez is crazy (desperate) enough to take on ....

500m is one thing but to have a chunk of that to go exclusively to the agent is extortion.

28 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

And the loser gets Kane... Not bad

Would not bank on that. Kane will still have two years left on his deal, can see Levy not selling till it is one year.

17 minutes ago, Deino said:

500m is one thing but to have a chunk of that to go exclusively to the agent is extortion.

Is what Mino does and has made himself super wealthy in doing it. Why we should steer clear of any of his clients. You have to be of poor character to want to be represented by such a person.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Would not bank on that. Kane will still have two years left on his deal, can see Levy not selling till it is one year.

Is what Mino does and has made himself super wealthy in doing it. Why we should steer clear of any of his clients. You have to be of poor character to want to be represented by such a person.

I can bet that his brother(Agent)  got Levi to sign a release clause of 100 Million for next season if they don't get top 4 but his brother doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box. You might not like Mino Raiola but if he was Kane's agent he would be in City today

11 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I can bet that his brother(Agent)  got Levi to sign a release clause of 100 Million for next season if they don't get top 4 but his brother doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box. You might not like Mino Raiola but if he was Kane's agent he would be in City today

Dont involve family in business is the golden rule. If that was Raiola the agent, he would have kicked up enough sh*tstorm that Spurs would happy to take the money to get out of the circus.  It's unprofessional and may even by unethical to some, but he will get it done. With Kane's brother, has he even said a word during this whole transfer saga? He lost out on the transfer, and failed to get Kane a huge payrise, biggest fail of agents.

• 1 month later...