Erling Haaland

driller97

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Bayern confirmed they’re interested. Close the thread now

It would be peak Bundesliga BS for Dortmund to turn down 130m+ offer one summer and then the very next sell him for a reasonable fee to their title contenders. German football is so odd in how the rest constantly feed Bayern and they give them deals on players. Or Bayern is just the best negotiators in the world 

14 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

It would be peak Bundesliga BS for Dortmund to turn down 130m+ offer one summer and then the very next sell him for a reasonable fee to their title contenders. German football is so odd in how the rest constantly feed Bayern and they give them deals on players. Or Bayern is just the best negotiators in the world 

Bayern is one of the most coveted clubs in the world for a reason. I don't find it surprising at all. They find good managers, good players year after year. The league is favourable for them to do well and always be in good shape for Champions League. 

And by the looks of it Dortmund is financing their way uo with buying young guys like Bellingham and cashing on them. They have a good system and they don't have that same attitude where you can't sell to rivals. I have always found that a bit immature anyway. Sort if 'I have balls not to sell to a bigger club.'..then you go and sell him to some other big club. 🙄

Edited by evissy

4 hours ago, evissy said:

Bayern is one of the most coveted clubs in the world for a reason. I don't find it surprising at all. They find good managers, good players year after year. The league is favourable for them to do well and always be in good shape for Champions League. 

And by the looks of it Dortmund is financing their way uo with buying young guys like Bellingham and cashing on them. They have a good system and they don't have that same attitude where you can't sell to rivals. I have always found that a bit immature anyway. Sort if 'I have balls not to sell to a bigger club.'..then you go and sell him to some other big club. 🙄

I suppose the question is that if one club is able to cherry pick the players it wants and plunder every other club around it in that league to get what they want, are they really anybody's rivals. Could we honestly say that Livingston are any sort of rivals to Rangers.

Haaland must be gutted, looking at that PSG front 3 for 2 yrs at least, Haaland will probably never play with that talent, I now think Mbappe will resign, Madrid are finished for the foreseeable future, I’m glad we didn’t have to indulge his odious advisor Raiola….

9 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I watched him tonight, and imho he is about as unplayable as Ronaldo 9 was in his pomp, absolutely unstoppable 2 Goals

Very great analogy. I remember R9 was called EL Phenomeno because he was phenom that hadn't been seen in the Number 9 position. Haaland is the Phenom 2.0 just because of his sheer size 6"4 coupled with his athleticism , aggression ,football brain and clinical ability infront of goal. He has even put on more muscle which makes him extra scary. Hopefully the first thing Jose does with Tammy is put him in gym.

I don't see him going to Bayern next season though. His Father and Agent are Gold diggers and regardless of haaland astronomical wages those 2 will also have to be settled. He will most likely go to Man UTD or Real Madrid or God forbid Man City

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

Very great analogy. I remember R9 was called EL Phenomeno because he was phenom that hadn't been seen in the Number 9 position. Haaland is the Phenom 2.0 just because of his sheer size 6"4 coupled with his athleticism , aggression ,football brain and clinical ability infront of goal. He has even put on more muscle which makes him extra scary. Hopefully the first thing Jose does with Tammy is put him in gym.

I don't see him going to Bayern next season though. His Father and Agent are Gold diggers and regardless of haaland astronomical wages those 2 will also have to be settled. He will most likely go to Man UTD or Real Madrid or God forbid Man City

If City fail to get Kane they will go all in for him next summer. PSG will offer big wages and agent fees I reckon too.

End of the day he does not want to play for us. Nothing we can do about that.

Remember how we were lambusted for signing players so our rivals can't? 

Lukaku can score 30 league goals, we should still break the bank for Halaand. I don't want this to be another Aguero sitiation where we regret it for the next 10 years. If he goes to Bayern, then fine.

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

I would rather see Man City dominate than Utd. I enjoy seeing Utd and their glory hunting London fans suffer.

10 hours ago, TheSage said:

I hope he doesn't join Man U.  Guy is a beast, and it'll be a big problem if he joins that lot. 

If Real Madrid and Barcelona weren't having financial problems, I would be confident of one of them signing him. I would rather he went anywhere than to another English team.

4 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Remember how we were lambusted for signing players so our rivals can't? 

Lukaku can score 30 league goals, we should still break the bank for Halaand. I don't want this to be another Aguero sitiation where we regret it for the next 10 years. If he goes to Bayern, then fine.

Because breaking bank for player is not just about transfer fee, there is wages. Let's say you pay him 500k/week. You need to pay Kante the same, and soon Mount and we will become Barcelona

6 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Bayern almost never deal with Raiola. they are much too savvy for that.

Real must be going all out next summer to try for both Haaland and Mbappe

On 10/08/2021 at 00:58, chiefBlueCFC said:

Probably every German-born players dreams. They pretty much have the complete package over there. Oddly enough they always have class players that look like sh*te when they're away in their national teams.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Because breaking bank for player is not just about transfer fee, there is wages. Let's say you pay him 500k/week. You need to pay Kante the same, and soon Mount and we will become Barcelona

Barcelona paid crazy wages to so many players who didnt perform or match half their transfer fee.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Haaland is definitely the best young no 9 in the world but Bundesliga is just a dream to play for an attacker. 

Exactly. Every team plays a high defensive line and there are no standout individual defenders (Maxence Lacroix aside...). I'm seeing Haaland score loads of 1-on-1 opportunities with Bundesliga defenders missing simple interceptions, or being given 2-3 seconds in the box unmarked. You simply don't get that time in the EPL, as Havertz and Werner have remarked repeatedly.

The other uncomfortable truth, as we approach the post-Messi/Ronaldo era, is that the likes of Mbappe and Haaland will never reach the numbers and dominance of Messi or Ronaldo. Just as Neymar, Bale and Hazard had stints as the best player on the planet but ultimately never quite reached the longevity of Messi/Ronaldo at the top, so too the current generation will fall short of that incredible standard.

There is no doubt that Mbappe and Haaland are going to be some of the best players in the world over the next decade, but what will their actual contribution be? I suspect it will be closer to 20-25 goals a season, not the frankly ridiculous numbers achieved by Ronaldo and Messi in the prime.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

Roman holds grudges. 

We have seen proof of that. After what happened with Modric he blocked Ba going on loan to Spurs.

After Contes constant jabs at the club boardroom he waits till the season is almost on to ditch Conte and spends extra cash on a futile effort just to spite Antonio and delay his severance pay.

After how Mino did the dirty on us with Lukaku and Everton he will never ever have us deal with him again, no matter how good his client is imo.

11 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

If Real Madrid and Barcelona weren't having financial problems, I would be confident of one of them signing him. I would rather he went anywhere than to another English team.

Agreed. I read somewhere that he wants to play in the PL and it seems Real Madrid want to sign Mbappe, and if that happens, I doubt they'd go for Haaland too.  Now that we've signed Lukaku, we are also out of the running, giving Man U a clear run at him.  I don't like it at all

Edited by TheSage

4 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Barcelona paid crazy wages to so many players who didnt perform or match half their transfer fee.

Let's say we pay Haaland 500 k, you will need to pay Kante that money, very soon Mount, probably Havertz in the future. You will end up with crazy mess. 

High transfer fee is fine, high agent fee and wages is dangerous 

Edited by Bob stark

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Roman holds grudges. 

We have seen proof of that. After what happened with Modric he blocked Ba going on loan to Spurs.

After Contes constant jabs at the club boardroom he waits till the season is almost on to ditch Conte and spends extra cash on a futile effort just to spite Antonio and delay his severance pay.

After how Mino did the dirty on us with Lukaku and Everton he will never ever have us deal with him again, no matter how good his client is imo.

Agree, we probably won't deal with Mino after Lukaku debacle 

4 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Exactly. Every team plays a high defensive line and there are no standout individual defenders (Maxence Lacroix aside...). I'm seeing Haaland score loads of 1-on-1 opportunities with Bundesliga defenders missing simple interceptions, or being given 2-3 seconds in the box unmarked. You simply don't get that time in the EPL, as Havertz and Werner have remarked repeatedly.

The other uncomfortable truth, as we approach the post-Messi/Ronaldo era, is that the likes of Mbappe and Haaland will never reach the numbers and dominance of Messi or Ronaldo. Just as Neymar, Bale and Hazard had stints as the best player on the planet but ultimately never quite reached the longevity of Messi/Ronaldo at the top, so too the current generation will fall short of that incredible standard.

There is no doubt that Mbappe and Haaland are going to be some of the best players in the world over the next decade, but what will their actual contribution be? I suspect it will be closer to 20-25 goals a season, not the frankly ridiculous numbers achieved by Ronaldo and Messi in the prime.

Haaland is a monster. His combination of speed, power and ruthlessness will make him the best no 9 but like you said Bundesliga is just crazy league. La liga isn't great either but boy Bundesliga is really something. Transition after transition all the time. 

4 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

We don't really know just how much will a player like Haaland will dominate, specially since we don't know where he will end up. If Bayern replaces Lewandowski with him he might just keep going in the similar style just like Lewa and that's sooner or later the Ballon D'or conversation. Havertz was used in many different ways last season so his end product suffered a bit and Werner missed tons of clear-cut chances, make no mistake a monster of a player won't have a problem to destroy the PL even if teams are trained to not let huge gaps in space in comparison to the Bundesliga. De Bruyne had 10 goals 20 assists in Bundesliga and he kept that same level of end product in the PL as well.

Haaland last season had 41 goals in 41 matches in total, that's Ronaldo/Messi numbers but then it's also worthy to remember that he's turned 21 years just a month ago. Hopefull man City gets Kane so that Haaland doesn't go to them next year. Now for the sake of balance I do remember that Sancho had 17 goals + 17 assists as a winger some season ago as a 19 year old so clearly in Bundesliga it's more easier for a young player to simply expolode so there's that as well.

Edited by Gol15