Erling Haaland

driller97

On 25/07/2021 at 03:40, thebluekid said:

Fabrizio randomly tweeting about him last night and now this. I’d be trusting ‘cfcnewspage’ as a source to be honest; he cooks decent recipes. There’s something going on behind the scenes, the silence is deafening. I think we will pull him out of the hat within the next two weeks. 

Donyell Malen being a like-for-like replacement for Haaland at centre forward was as obvious as it comes; was never a Sancho replacement. 

(maybe my intentional pessimism is working like it did on the 29th May!)

I'm definitely **NOT** overthinking a damn thing and getting my little hopes up for nothing... definitely not doing that at all clearly... 

Kristen Wiig Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

25 minutes ago, thebluekid said:

I can’t relax!!!!! It’s taking over me. I hate transfer season.

Grab a yoga mat. Take some deep breaths, you know, using that in through the nose, out through the mouth stuff.

Then grab the yogamat and tear it to pieces with your teeth, and growl at anybody approaching you. It won't solve anything, but at least there's one less f**king yogamat in the world.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Haha Dortmund are trolling you guys.

Where there is smoke there is fire, too many things line up just like the 2012-2021 CL titles. It can't be that on the same day both clubs release videos of their player, it can't be that after winning the CL we signed E. Hazard and that now we are linked with E. Haaland, all the things can't be just...a coincidence...

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

27 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Where there is smoke there is fire, too many things line up just like the 2012-2021 CL titles. It can't be that on the same day both clubs release videos of their player, it can't be that after winning the CL we signed E. Hazard and that now we are linked with E. Haaland, all the things can't be just...a coincidence...

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

sorry season 2 GIF

As football is on a break I enjoy the transfer talk. I don't worry about it. If we sign no one I am okay with the squad. 

My hope is if we don't sign Haaland, Lukaku, Kane or Lewandowski I hope we don't sign an attacker. Let's trust Timo, Kai and Tammy instead and maybe lower expectations for next seasons title challenge. 

Anyway I would be over the moon if we signed Haaland even for silly money. I mean 150-175m. The big problem is the wages. I think our squad has a healthy wage structured and it would be risky to break it a la ManU. This is the part I don't feel comfortable with because it effects the squad mentality. 

From all the big names mentioned he is the perfect player to lead our line. What I love about him is his mentality. He has a bit of that Drogba-confidence and Costa crazyness we need. Watching the Euros and Morata it saddened me to see we have had soft heads like he does in our squad. Top flight football is so much about mentality. 

Age is perfectly in line with our other young stars, physical features are spot on for Premier League, Norwegian tall striker "with an access to a gym" fits the club in historical sense as well 😁

If we did spend £130m + £20m add on’s, it’s a HUGE and a lot of money. These massive deals rarely work out. I can’t think of many £90m plus deals were the player has gone on to be a huge success. 

I hope the club have done their homework on him and not just listened to the hype. I couldn’t face another Shevchenko, Torres, strikers graveyard situation 

Just try not to get carried away by the rumours and the like; Timo Werner has spent all summer figuring out why he couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat; it’s because he put his right boot on his left foot and his left boot on his right foot.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

sorry season 2 GIF

It can't be all coincidence
Too many things are evident
You tell me you're an unbeliever
Spiritualist? Well, me I'm neither
But wouldn't you like to know the truth?
Of what's out there, to have the proof?
And find out just which side he's on
Where would he end up at Dortmund or he'll be here?

It's barely even a rumour anymore. I'm often optimistic but I see no chance of this happening.

They always set a deadline that deals need to be done before they fly out for training camp and they did that a few days ago.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's going to be hilarious when we announce we've signed Harry Kane out of nowhere. 

I really need advance warning to let my brain make the necessary U-turn :mad:

Edited by Valerie

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's going to be hilarious when we announce we've signed Harry Kane out of nowhere. 

Nah good old Chelsea panic buy late on of Danny Ings for 40mill who promptly spends half the season on the treatment table and the other half on the bench. Lol