Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Tues 19th Jan 2021 20:15 GMT

Just now, Zeta said:

We sometimes move the ball quickly, but even when we do, it just ends up going backwards most of the time. And how many times do we see us with an opportunity to counter attack, and just slowly pass it around at the back allowing the other team to get into their shape? How many times we have have the ball out wide of the opponents area, and then pass it back, sideways and try going down the other side with the same lack of intensity? There are gaping holes all over our midfield, we aren't playing to the strengths of our attack, and half the time the players are throwing their arms in the air and passing it back because no-one is moving, and there's no issue with the tactics?

Yes the team will take time to gel, but this isn't just a blip, this is as good as Frank is able to get them to play.

LOL

what hogwash. 

5 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

"They were sharper than us and ran more than us," says Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.

"The bare minimum is to run and sprint and cover ground and too many of our players didn't do it."

Wow 

This ssaying enough . he just don't know what to do

Just now, Chels-top-boy said:

We don’t play passive football what you talking about? Kante, Kovacic and Mount move the ball quickly. We have some of the nippiest wingers in the league and two very mobile forwards. The tactics are not the issue neither. The team just hasn’t gelled yet. Learn football. 

Are you for real? That midfield of ours is slow as anything at passing the ball. When do they ever spot the run of the wingers or strikers behind the defence? They may see the pass but they rarely attempt to pull it off, they just pass it out wide or backwards. It's the same with the defenders. We are supposed to be a team that plays it out of the back, but so often I see the opposition all over us and we end up giving it away in dangerous areas. The only defender that plays it quickly out of the back is Silva, the rest stutter and play fake passes that the opposition aren't fooled by.

As for the wingers, they were some of the nippiest wingers the league, but Lampard's tactics have made them almost completely ineffective. They are no longer being asked to run behind the defence or beat the defenders with skill and pace, they have become support players for the fullbacks to over lap and get a cross in. That is our attacking game, and it's dogsh*t.

Just now, Malta Blue said:

@Chels-top-boy please stop, my sides are hurting.🤣🤣🤣 I love a bit of entertainment on here but you just don't know when to stop. I like the fact that you're ridiculously optimistic and it's really pissing people off  but your taking it so far you really are looking like a right pratt

I almost choked on my sandwhich at @Munkworth's comment 

2 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

I thought football is much more than running and sprinting. How wrong I was!

That is the basics, far too many of our players were out worked tonight. Jogging instead of busting a gut to get into position. 

Hard work beats skill when skill doesn’t work hard enough

1 minute ago, JustChelsea said:

This ssaying enough . he just don't know what to do

Isn’t it obvious why he’s saying that? 
It’s called reverse psychology. He trying to get even more out of the players. It’s a motivational tactic. Honestly sometimes I think some of you only started watching football at the start of this decade. 

14 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Well said, hardly the end of the World, we lost away to Leicester who are top of the League, did we seriously expect us to win

It wasn't that long ago that losing to Leicester did end up being the end of the world for us all for a while

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I did bite the first few times, but he's made it too obvious now with the Giroud being a donkey comments, then saying Abraham is world class. 

Should I mention his profile pic or  is the fact of who it is a picture of a bit too soon after our discussion sunday 🤣

38 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Did you honestly think we would win this?

haven’t you seen our games since Everton? 

it was so clear that the best we could have hoped for was a draw.

Probably a tad optimistic Jez, I find it very strange that whatever side he picks they’re piss poor, that’s 8-10 games now, normally you would think a change of form is due at that was what I was hoping for, but it doesn’t look anywhere near.

some players, Mount, Mendy are playing respectably but the vast majority are awful.

I bet you a pound to a penny that if Havertz was playing for City or Liverpool we would see a completely different player. Our players are not on his wavelength, we haven’t got anyone in the back for or defensive midfield that can play a meaningful pass, by the time our threatening players get the ball they’ve got two or three players around them.

I fear for Frank but the players have to take some responsibility 

14 minutes ago, Chels-top-boy said:

No they didn’t. We matched them for tempo. We had soo many chances but they were more clinical than us. On another day we win 0-2. Just one of them games. 

im happy with the progress we’re making under Lamps. The future is bright. 

You do realise that they were the ones in blue tonight?

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

That is the basics, far too many of our players were out worked tonight. Jogging instead of busting a gut to get into position. 

Hard work beats skill when skill doesn’t work hard enough

Have to disagree.  Hard work comes second after rational thought and right plan, otherwise it ends up as headless (and very tired and confused) chickens - as it is in our case.

And why would you run and sprint if nobody has any intention of passing the ball to you? 

I'm guessing that Leicester doesn't have their own fan forums? I haven't seen so many new guys come on in one night and be such a collective bunch of mindless halfwits.

You would of thought they would too of been thankful after we gave them their first PL to bother coming in here filling up our threads with complete idiocracy

41 minutes ago, Chels-top-boy said:

He’s got more quality than Drogs and Costa. 

he’s been world class so far this season. 

I’m not entirely sure of the rules on this board but this guy has been trolling all day. Is it acceptable here for fans of other teams to do this here without consequence? 

6 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I’m not entirely sure of the rules on this board but this guy has been trolling all day. Is it acceptable here for fans of other teams to do this here without consequence? 

Maybe we let them go to bed thinking they are the most clever people ever. If they really have nothing better to do I almost feel sorry for them. But atleast they are proud of themselves. Mods kicked someone off after one post earlier. But atleast we've all had a bit of a laugh at them tonight.

Let's face it the only way we were going to be laughing tonight

Edited by Malta Blue