Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Tues 19th Jan 2021 20:15 GMT

6 minutes ago, SimonH said:

I know the match day thread can be a little crazy, but reading the comments there is a shift in support for Frank staying as manager. 

He absolutely should stay. Personally I think he’s been outstanding in his 18 months with as boss. We’re going through a blip but tactically he’s shown he can go toe to toe with the best managers. Just give him time. He needs more players. If we can get Haaland next season our front two would be unplayable. 

Just now, IliyaKrostin said:

- We do not know how to press as a team, we didn't steal or won any ball in Leicester's area and we lost almost every physical battle.

- We do not know how to defend as a team, the distance between our lines are too big and we're too open. Every pass will beat our line with just one player.

- We have no confidence, we don't play football and we can't do nothing right now. We already lost the game with our body language, we can blame Lampard but also the players who got no heart in the game.

We are going to have a tight battle for the top 4, I can't even say we're favorites to get our spot there. 

I don't see how we get top 4 from here, it's already gone. We are relying on those that are already in the top 4 to collapse and for us to go on an amazing run of form from nothing. Then we also would need the likes of Everton, Villa, Southampton, Tottenham, West Ham and even Arsenal's form to drop too. It's just not happening, maybe 1 or 2 will drop from until the end of the season, but I don't expect the rest to drop form as well.

1 minute ago, Chels-top-boy said:

He absolutely should stay. Personally I think he’s been outstanding in his 18 months with as boss. We’re going through a blip but tactically he’s shown he can go toe to toe with the best managers. Just give him time. He needs more players. If we can get Haaland next season our front two would be unplayable. 

Yea but it’s hard to take comfort in your optimism when we are seriously going backwards

33 minutes ago, Jackson27 said:

James There, Scared To Pass It Forward To Either Werner Or Abraham Making A Run

Been doing that all season...when he receives the ball the first thing he does is turn his back to the opposing defender and pass backwards...

1 minute ago, Chels-top-boy said:

We can't even get our strikers on the ball as it is, why would that suddenly change by bringing another player in? Haaland is another that relies on service, and our tactics show no sign that we can offer that service.

The players deserve a share of the blame for our position, but the biggest issues are clearly tactical. Just throwing in a new player or two isn't going to fix things.

The corner routine bugs me, why do we get caught like that ??

Tammy is not the answer unfortunately, when you need a forward to do something special and drag you back he just doesn't seem to have it. That said, so many players just didn't seem to give a sh*t again.

Our first instinct when we get the ball is to pass backwards, do that for a couple of minutes, lose the ball and then sh*t ourselves.

5 minutes ago, Chels-top-boy said:

All we will do with lamps in charge of Haaland is cross to him. It is plain to see that we have no identity

I am firmly in the give frank more time camp, love the bloke and he is nailed on one for the future 

However the players need the hair dryer treatment tonight, the first half in particular looked like a pre-season match, like mentioned above Abrahams laughing and joking on his way off the pitch. He should be head down rushing off petrified of the verbal he is about to get! Not sure Frank has that presence yet ? He will though 

frustrating tonight but credit to And Leicester top of the league 

Maddison's post match comment - it doesn't look as though Frank is using the same message with his guys.

"You don't play for Brendan Rodgers if you don't do dirty work - he always reiterates that is a running game you can't have passengers or carry anyone in this league. If we want to stay up there for the rest of the season there might be teams that can spend more money than us but that team spirit will keep building to try and keep us up there."

1 minute ago, Carloseyebrow said:

Tammy is not the answer unfortunately, when you need a forward to do something special and drag you back he just doesn't seem to have it. That said, so many players just didn't seem to give a sh*t again.

Our first instinct when we get the ball is to pass backwards, do that for a couple of minutes, lose the ball and then sh*t ourselves.

Defensive organisastion. It's something you work on in training. Maybe it's something the coaching team haven't been paying enough attention on.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

We can't even get our strikers on the ball as it is, why would that suddenly change by bringing another player in? Haaland is another that relies on service, and our tactics show no sign that we can offer that service.

The players deserve a share of the blame for our position, but the biggest issues are clearly tactical. Just throwing in a new player or two isn't going to fix things.

Haaland’s movement is electric. He’s also an excellent dribbler. The problem is not a tactical issue. We play very good football.  Just some of the players are short on confidence and guys like Timo and Kai haven’t adapted yet. When the team gels and it all clicks watch us go. 

2 minutes ago, Carloseyebrow said:

Sadly Tammy is looking like a Championship player. He can trap the ball further than I can kick it

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Haaland doesn’t rely on service. I’ve watched him literally sprint from his own box on the counter just to get in a scoring position. His movement is elite and he’s only 20 years old. A player capable of making something from nothing based on pure determination and effort - something this squad sorely lacks.

Edited by Lang7

Just now, Chels-top-boy said:

No offence but you don’t seem to understand football properly. A blind person can see Lamps brand of football can be effective when it all comes together. Just give him time. 

A blind person can see whatever he was doing right has been sussed out and is no longer working. You cannot be that one dimensional

4 minutes ago, andy said:

I am firmly in the give frank more time camp, love the bloke and he is nailed on one for the future 

However the players need the hair dryer treatment tonight, the first half in particular looked like a pre-season match, like mentioned above Abrahams laughing and joking on his way off the pitch. He should be head down rushing off petrified of the verbal he is about to get! Not sure Frank has that presence yet ? He will though 

frustrating tonight but credit to And Leicester top of the league 

Tammy was our hardest working player today. He was actually one of the few who played with a bit of passion. 

you obviously have an agenda. 

2 minutes ago, Chels-top-boy said:

Haaland’s movement is electric. He’s also an excellent dribbler. The problem is not a tactical issue. We play very good football.  Just some of the players are short on confidence and guys like Timo and Kai haven’t adapted yet. When the team gels and it all clicks watch us go. 

As was proven again tonight, movement means f**k all if the players you are playing with aren't going to make the pass. That is a tactical issue. We are playing far too slow and we have been since Sarri was here. Lampard should know better and he should be instructing the players to get forward quickly. There isn't a single team in this league that has been successful playing passive football.