Chelsea v Atletico Madrid (CL) Wed 17th Mar 2021 20:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If, and it still is a big if as they really are a solid team in every sense of the word, we can get through this round it would be nice to get a nice draw like Porto or maybe Dortmund for Tuchel to face his old side.

Let City and PSG face each other for a change.

Liverpool vs Bayern would be nice too

Edited by axman2526

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

If, and it still is a big if as they really are a solid team in every sense of the word, we can get through this round it would be nice to get a nice draw like Porto or maybe Dortmund for Tuchel to face his old side.

Let City and PSG face each other for a change.

Liverpool vs Bayern would be nice too

But, you know who we will probably get. 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Kev56 said:

But, you know who we will probably get. 

giphy.gif

Again IF we overcome Atletico I reckon we get PSG, cause of the Silva and TT connection. Backup prediction would be Bayern. Liverpool I expect to get Porto, City with Dortmund.

28 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Again IF we overcome Atletico I reckon we get PSG, cause of the Silva and TT connection. Backup prediction would be Bayern. Liverpool I expect to get Porto, City with Dortmund.

Fun fact, if we get PSG in the final Tuchel is guaranteed a winner's medal regardless of the result.

Argo, How? because of the number of group games played? 

I'm not going to call tonight. Reckon they'll be seriously improved. 

Be interesting to see what happens if they go ahead and how we react. Fingers crossed for an early goal for us. 

I believe tuchel will opt for the most expierence he can here and expect the Leeds selection will reflect this to allow others rest before.

Am expecting the likes of Azpi, Silva, Kante, Alonso, Ziyech and Giroud to be rested at Elland road and for us to play something like this here:

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kovacic

Kante

Alonso

Ziyech

Giroud

Pulisic

Think he will want to save Havertz, Werner and CHO as bench options in the hope Madrid will be forced to open up later in the game and then look to use their pace and freshness to counter. Am expecting the instruction to start with is keep the ball, no risks, make them work hard.

Edited by axman2526

This will be a tough game and Kate/kova hasn’t historically been a great combo. Not sure who replaces mount. Could be ziyech, could be havertz. Havertz is looking good  playing   with Werner up front. 

mendy

Dave Silva rudigier

James.                     Chiller

Kante kova

Cho Kai Werner. 

Based on Tuchels erm....tinkering.

Azpilacueta

Werner     gilmour      kante

Giroud                                             alonso

Pulisic           rudiger 

Christensen       silva            mendy

Mount

26 minutes ago, dkw said:

Based on Tuchels erm....tinkering.

Azpilacueta

Werner     gilmour      kante

Giroud                                             alonso

Pulisic           rudiger 

Christensen       silva            mendy

Mount

I’d say you’ve still got Alonso in his rightful position but he rarely stays there...

Seeing as this match is on my birthday I decided to collate data from every single time we have played on good old St Patricks Day (according to worldfootball.net)

chelsea st patricks day stats.png

Surprisingly this is the first time we have played in European football on the 17th, there was a number of games on the 16th though.

all games we played was in the league apart from one against Arsenal in the FA cup, we drew 2-2 before going to loose the second leg

Edited by Malta Blue

2 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Seeing as this match is on my birthday I decided to collate data from every single time we have played on good old St Patricks Day (according to worldfootball.net)

chelsea st patricks day stats.png

Nicely done thanks!

3 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I liked the fact that we are much better at home. its got to be a good omen right?

Around 55% win rate at home, almost a coin toss but we won 2013 and 2007 so hopefully we make it 3 in a row vs Atletico!

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Around 55% win rate at home, almost a coin toss but we won 2013 and 2007 so hopefully we make it 3 in a row vs Atletico!

I was taking into account the draw aswel as a draw would be good enough to go through out of the 11 home games we have had 7 results good enough to progress which is about 64%

I expect this to be totally different to the 1st leg. They have a couple of their first choices available that weren't there for the first game, and we have Mount, our most influential player out.

Tough one to call.

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

its a one off, just because the match is on my birthday and I didn't do the maths the computer done it for me.

You only want to receive congratulations from half the forum, you drip :laugh2: