Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Sindre

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

The Super League Contract can be absolutely torn to shreds by any semi decent Lawyer if the reports which are coming out are true which states that City and Chelsea were forced into the situation last minute.

The contract in my view can either be Void all together because There was a lack of consideration (Time restriction), False representation of facts (The fact that more then 12 teams will be part of the league), the terms are vague and difficult to follow through on.

Even with a legitimate ironclad contract it can be rendered Void due to the circumstances about a party being under undue pressure.

Basically my point is that the ESL Contract is an absolute non-issue for the teams (Especially City & Chelsea) because of the timing and no real transaction has taken place (Unless Perez has already handed them millions). 

22 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Because of the rumours that Chelsea and city might be the first teams to walk, new rumours are coming out that there is a supposed contract that prevents any of the 12 from leaving. Guess the clubs shot themselves in the foot.

If that is what the contract says the board made an extremely foolish decision based on fear of being left out.   I thought Chelsea was much more competently managed.  

25 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Because of the rumours that Chelsea and city might be the first teams to walk, new rumours are coming out that there is a supposed contract that prevents any of the 12 from leaving. Guess the clubs shot themselves in the foot.

I've read this as well and it makes me wonder of the contracts that would be in place for UEFA EL and CL, FA, PL etc. surely a new contract signed on Saturday/Sunday couldn't supersede one that was established however long ago?  Maybe I'm being naïve and clutching at straws bc I don't want this to happen so badly

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

Slightly off topic but he's got in the bag anyway (and if there's any doubt they'll stick flavour of month Sunak in instead).

The vaccine roll out combined with Kier's awful opposition has seen to that.

No doubting at the moment it's no contest, but in 4 years time who knows how the landscape will look, Sunak has had an easy shift so far, printing money off in his bedroom every night, his arm must be aching, lets see how popular he is when the inevitable happens and they want all this money back.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Fifa, UEFA, the Royal Family, the UK government, the FA, the Premier league and others are all against this, come on Chelsea come to your senses. Admit you messed up and stop the bleeding.

And there are protests against this in THE UNITED STATES

The team's own coaches are speaking out against it.  I saw a rumor that the captains of the big 6 clubs where going to have a meeting on what they can do.  

This idea has failed.   

Those who invested in this new league aught to be concerned about going much further.  Otherwise you will have a league and no fans to watch it.  

For pittys sake we should all be talking tactics and selection ahead of a match against a competitive Brighton for a spot in the top 4, looking forward to an FA cup final that may see @Eight Times finally change his name again  and a huge glamour tie against Real Madrid. These should be amazing times to be Chelsea fan but instead we are disenchanted with the club we love, fearful for our future and possibly explosion from our home league.

Fear, disappointment and apathy reign...

4 minutes ago, OneTommyLangley said:

I know im in the minority but I would watch Chelsea in any League or competition, and regardless of the team or venue*. Football isnt for the fans it probably used to be back in the 70's,

its business now. It has been since 1992 we are customers, albeit loyal customers but the game has moved on.

There are a lot of people saying that this is it for them if the Super League goes ahead and some are even saying they will support a different team if it happens.

First off, if anybody is passionate about football, they won't be able to switch that passion off just like that. It's a gradual thing, your passion for the game would have to already be at it's lowest point if this is going to make you turn your back on the sport for good. My passion for football has been fading gradually in recent seasons, but even I can't say for definite if this will be the tipping point. 

Secondly, if anybody seriously says they are supporting another club now, then they were never true fans in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Secondly, if anybody seriously says they are supporting another club now, then they were never true fans in the first place. 

What do you mean, I’ve always supported Portsmouth I’m just here for the high quality sock chat... :blush2:

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Not if they are intending to support local lower league clubs who would probably appreciate all the support they can get.

Just now, coco said:

Not if they are intending to support local lower league clubs who would probably appreciate all the support they can get.

It doesn't just work like that though. You don't just suddenly say "oh, f**k this, I'll support a team I never gave a sh*t about a few days ago"

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It doesn't just work like that though. You don't just suddenly say "oh, f**k this, I'll support a team I never gave a sh*t about a few days ago"

Agreed. It could never be the same. I've enjoyed watching a couple of other teams over the years when they haven't played Chelsea. I was actually in with the Wimbledon fans at Wembley when they famously beat Liverpool in the Cup final, and I have followed AFC Wimbledon's progress since they were launched in protest to the crazy move to Milton Keynes. That being said even if I watched their games it wouldn't be the same.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Your getting support and follow mixed up, to me support means to actively support a team, going to matches, watching games on tv, buying merchandise, spending half your life talking about your club, shifting your life to fit the team schedule.

Then you have followers who just follow the results and maybe watch the odd game, but without investing any money or devoting any great amount of time.

A lot of Chelsea supporters will become followers if this goes through, me included.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Your'e not born a chelsea fan, you made the decision to follow Chelsea when "you never gave a sh*t about them before" :wink:

Just now, coco said:

Your'e not born a chelsea fan, you made the decision to follow Chelsea when "you never gave a sh*t about them before" :wink:

Yes, but I don't think it's possible to have that same experience after already following a club and going through so many different emotions with that club over many years.

• coco changed the title to Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League
  • Mod Stark unpinned this topic