West Ham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Comical of people criticising Tammy for a 5 minute cameo after being on the bench for donkeys years. 

Come on, he's a professional footballer, he should be burying this

It wasn't too high or anything, Abraham just go it all wrong. Same with Werner getting his feet all wrong when he should have scored the rebound earlier.

13 minutes ago, Valpo said:

Good to get the win, gives us a small cushion from 5th.

Great that we won but we should consider the fact that West Ham had a few key players missing and they got a red card so anything but a win here was simply not good enough, we must improve in the very near future or those 4 points that we have ahead of Liverpool might evaporate very soon...

8 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

You dont get to talk about cats....you said any sticker book not about socks can f**k off....

You just told the contents of this sticker book to f**k off

91yeWGW30LL.thumb.jpg.82ccb5e7bf638d13762fd108ca739674.jpg

Much more unforgivable then wanting to see a picture of a little puppy

I guarantee one of those cats is called Socks...

9 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

On the Abraham header, my first impression was that he didn't get any height on his leap at all ... He's 6'3" ... the crossbar is 8' ... seemed to me that the ball was well below crossbar height, but I could be wrong. I'd need to see it again.

jklc.gif

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

The problem he had was he had gone in twice and stopped to stay onside, when the cross came in it was a standing jump and slightly behind him so couldn't get any momentum. There's no way he can be called out for that.

OK, but I fancy the likes of Drogba, Giroud etc would still bury that ... probably because they got the timing of the run right, but agree can't judge anyone on a 5 minute appearance when they haven't played a minute since February ...

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Go watch it again, there's not a striker on earth could have scored that.

There is a replay on the forum. You can clearly see it hits his fore head . I am sure if you ask him he would say he wishes he had that chance again so he would bury it. To be fair though Tammy isnt really good with headers and he has been frozen out for a while so i will excuse it

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

OK, but I fancy the likes of Drogba, Giroud etc would still bury that ... probably because they got the timing of the run right, but agree can't judge anyone on a 5 minute appearance when they haven't played a minute since February ...

The runs were difficult for him, he went twice looking for mount to put it in on the deck, mount hit the byline instead and put it in high. I think it's incredibly harsh to blame him for that miss.

1 minute ago, nonotnowjim said:

It is irrelevant. You are not allowed to stud an opponent's leg at the knee. End of.

We are all only guessing at intent - personally I don't think he intended it, but again, intent is irrelevant if the ref thinks that the resulting collision was dangerous foul play.

It is all subjective, and if the ref thinks it was dangerous foul play, then the debate is over. 

Out of interest, are you saying that studs into the knee is a) allowed within the rules or b)  not dangerous?

Players know what to do now then, just wait for a defender to jump and clear ball, then when they are falling back to the ground, put your body between their studs......red card for the defender 😐

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Come on, he's a professional footballer, he should be burying this

It wasn't too high or anything, Abraham just go it all wrong. Same with Werner getting his feet all wrong when he should have scored the rebound earlier.

Not only was it high but was also hit with a lot of pace behind it, hardly a clear opportunity especially taking into account his lack of playing time of late. 

Guest Sindre

Some are very quick to point it out when we struggle to create chances offensively so perhaps give the manager some credit when we do create a lot of chances? Today we did and likewise against Crystal Palace in our last away game.

I’m a bit tired of this sh*t about the red card killing the game for West Ham. Yes, I think it was not a red, should have been a yellow despite it being a quite nasty follow up from the ball kick, but to go on and on about how this killed the spammers game is way over the top. Realistically, they had done f**k all before the red, and we did not totally controlled them after the red. They were sh*t and we did not let them create much, and they would not have done much with 11 if the red had not been shown. So no, the red did not change much their fate. We won deservedly as we scored and looked relatively comfortable while they were not capable of anything of notice.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Players know what to do now then, just wait for a defender to jump and clear ball, then when they are falling back to the ground, put your body between their studs......red card for the defender 😐

Come on mate - if Chilwell had of intentionally put his leg, ballsack, head or any other of his body parts on to the defenders studs, then that is a very different thing to a dangerous accidental collision,  and of course in this case it would not be a foul, let alone dangerous foul play from the defender.

Let's not be silly.

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

Not only was it high but was also hit with a lot of pace behind it, hardly a clear opportunity especially taking into account his lack of playing time of late. 

High? It was well below the crossbar, I have seen players a lot shorter than Abraham score from that kind of chance. It don't think it was hit that hard either. It's like Abraham has gone for the header with his eyes closed.

Tammy missing an open goal, from a cross that was lower than the height of the cross bar, was as bad, if not slightly worse than the chance timo missed to make it 2v0.

Both should have been scored, and would have been from any striker worth their salt.

Awful!

Edited by nonotnowjim

7 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

It really isn't hit with a lot of pace ... it's floated up quite nicely ... should have buried it, and Mount should have had a fantastic assist after his great dribble.

On the plus side, it didn't matter ...

Such an important win, I’m glad Timo is at least keeping a good attitude but he’s got to finish that second plus I don’t know for certain but I thought Tammy should’ve headed that in. Credit to Mount and Kante for working hard all game on both sides and a massive victory. Let’s go get a big one on Tuesday!