Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

Lol good one Coco. Those that desire the Arsenal cup above all else will hope you are right though lol.

Honestly no idea on half the line up that I want to see, think we will see the same back 5 though.

Mendy

Christensen

Silva

Rudiger

Dave

Kante

Jorginho 

Kovacic

Chilwell

Werner

Pulisic

Think there is a chance TT looks to win the midfield battle by going a bit defensive with Kova in for Mount.

Leaves the team packed in expierence but with pace and youth up front.

As I said no idea what team I want to see picked.

I Will go with the same line up except bring on Alonso for Chilwell for his height and his ability to score a big goal. The only threat i felt with Madrid was from set pieces hence why i think Tuchel will play him. We had Chilwell marking Varane at setpieces which is suicidal.  I know a lot of people dont rate Alonso but i think if he has a solid game against Fulham he willl start this game.  

I also expect Werner to start because his speed will be a constant worry for Madrid. The reason why Kante had all that space to run into midfield during the game was because Madrids defence was terrified to press high against us due to the pace of Timo and Pulisic.  

Mendy

Christensen  Silva     Rudiger

Azpi      Kante         Jorginho       Alonso

Pulisic          Werner       Mount

I think Werner may be dropped for Giroud (Or Tammy) for the 2nd leg and not just for his hold up play but also for his defensive ability from set pieces. Real Madrid looked most threatening from set pieces and I reckon TT may want to tighten up from set pieces as they didnt appear all that threatening from open play.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lol good one Coco. Those that desire the Arsenal cup above all else will hope you are right though lol.

Should be resting players for the FA Cup final if you ask me. @Eight Times will agree. 

Back in serious land, is anyone a card away from missing a potential final?

Man my confidence has take a hit after Cities result.

Just to me seemed to be playing to 1 of 2 finals. Either:

Us vs PSG, TT and silva against their former club who they almost won the big one with, Poch against us looking to spoil his party again. 2 managers who have not yet won the big one etc

Or

City vs Real, richest clubs on their respective countries, both managers former CL winners, Pep against his boyhood clubs enemies etc.

And PSG look screwed to me after tonight.

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Us vs PSG, TT and silva against their former club who they almost won the big one with, Poch against us looking to spoil his party again. 2 managers who have not yet won the big one etc

Or

City vs Real, richest clubs on their respective countries, both managers former CL winners, Pep against his boyhood clubs enemies etc.

Yes both ties are very close and still open. 

I think City will prevail and not sure on ours.

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

@DonAntonio , if we are picking to defend set plays better then surely Zouma in for Christensen also would be a change?

Unfortunately we need ball playing centrebacks who can pass through a press. Zouma is terrible on the ball and Real will just let him have the ball knowing he cant do sh*t with it just like brighton did last week. I dont mind Zouma and Giroud coming on at the end of the game but we need to take the game to Real if we have any hopes of reaching the final or we will have another Iniesta moment

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Or

I already predicted an all English Final in the UCL and Europa League...

• coco changed the title to Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT
31 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

CARVAJAL OUT for the rest of the season and Marcelo also out, don't know if Mendy is gonna be back but they are getting thin on full backs.le

By the way @coco you got the Month wrong in the title

Wonder if the lad with Covid will be back for the game, Carvajal was covering for him at wingback in the last game. 

Ramos can play fullback as well.

35 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wonder if the lad with Covid will be back for the game, Carvajal was covering for him at wingback in the last game. 

Ramos can play fullback as well.

Valverde should be back but he has to pass the covid obviously, they proably gonna put him in the place of Carvajal since Zidane doesnt really rate Ordrioloza.

Apparently Ramos wont be back in time but im sure he will push as much as he can to play the game.

1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

CARVAJAL OUT for the rest of the season and Marcelo also out, don't know if Mendy is gonna be back but they are getting thin on full backs.le

By the way @coco you got the Month wrong in the title

I thought they played pretty average, but good news none the less

3 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Valverde should be back but he has to pass the covid obviously, they proably gonna put him in the place of Carvajal since Zidane doesnt really rate Ordrioloza.

Apparently Ramos wont be back in time but im sure he will push as much as he can to play the game.

Hopefully he misses out. Cannot stand him.

On 29/04/2021 at 01:04, Imran_CFC said:

I think Werner may be dropped for Giroud (Or Tammy) for the 2nd leg and not just for his hold up play but also for his defensive ability from set pieces. Real Madrid looked most threatening from set pieces and I reckon TT may want to tighten up from set pieces as they didnt appear all that threatening from open play.

Giroud make very little sense if we want to play on the break and press, if you want height and speed, tammy is the perfect guy but I will play Werner and probably bring Zouma as rcb to improve out set pieces defense. 

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Giroud make very little sense if we want to play on the break and press, if you want height and speed, tammy is the perfect guy but I will play Werner and probably bring Zouma as rcb to improve out set pieces defense. 

I understand where you are coming from but I think it's a misconception that in order for us to successfully play on the Counter we cannot be playing Giroud and we need to have 3 quick players as the attacking trio, France won the World Cup playing on the counter and Giroud was an integral part of that.

In my view I think the game will have a similar pattern to the first game and Real will not over commit players forward giving us ample opportunity to counter, Real will back themselves to score the away goal and Tuchel will look to maintain a good defensive shape whether we are in or out of possession. They were hugely threatening from set pieces and when you add Sergio Ramos in the team the threat level will be further amplified so I think Tuchel will want some height in the team whether that is in the form of Giroud or Alonso.

Giroud would only makes sense in that scenario when he plays alongside Werner and not instead - like he did with Mbappé (and Dembélé as well) for France who had outstanding speedy attackers.

I think Timo's hard work against the ball was part of the reason why Real had serious problems to structure their play effectively hence while it also plays into his profile as long as Madrid has to score. So I believe he will start again and Havertz may take over depending on how the game develops. I can see Giroud coming in if we badly need a goal in the end. I'd also see Ramos having way more trouble with defending agile players like Pulisic, Mount, Havertz and Werner than the likes of Giroud or Tammy.

Corners and free-kicks are a problem though, I agree. Maybe drop Christensen for Zouma (I likely wouldn't) and play James from the start which should be a no-brainer since Azpi on the right is a waste. Difficult.

After missing the last nine games in all competitions through injury, Ramos returned to full training on Friday and is available for selection for Saturday's La Liga meeting with Osasuna.

f**kin c**t