Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

13 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Denmark could win, decent striker, good crosser, some good midfielders and defenders. Their manager has been good with the tactics, so far.

Yes I fancy England with Kane back on form and Maguire now scoring think we will be too strong yet we have to play the game and focus and watch those challenges. 

Denmark could win only if England goes all Spursy. It can happen, it’s one game and anything can happen (being Chelsea supporters we know that anything can happen, bad or good), but the chances are very high for England to get through to the final. Italy will beat Spain and the final is one game in which anything can happen. I’d lean on Italy winning it just because they’ve been the best team so far in the tournament, but England improved last night and if they play it well and take their chances, it can win it as the underdogs.

Just now, RMH said:

Denmark could win only if England goes all Spursy. It can happen, it’s one game and anything can happen (being Chelsea supporters we know that anything can happen, bad or good), but the chances are very high for England to get through to the final. Italy will beat Spain and the final is one game in which anything can happen. I’d lean on Italy winning it just because they’ve been the best team so far in the tournament, but England improved last night and if they play it well and take their chances, it can win it as the underdogs.

That's fair although being English I am aware of the red card risk.

I think it is less a risk under Southgate as there seems less egoism and more team spirit yet can't take anything for granted.

I also think we will beat Denmark and think Italy will beat Spain.

On 04/07/2021 at 06:17, The Brit said:

Happy England won and a much better performance. Still don’t think we’ve played anyone that great and I include Germany and Croatia in that. Certainly shouldn’t take a win over Denmark for granted - they’re a good side.

As for Southgate, hard to criticise a coach that’s winning…but must say his treatment of Chelsea’s two cl winning wing backs very odd. Left Reece out completely, ignored Chilwell on the bench even when cruising.

shaw has raised his game the last one and a half games and you have to say fair play. Still think Chilwell could have done the same job, if not better, from the start of the tournament.

as for Kyle Walker, it’s a good job he’s quick. Not sure what else he’s got. He was our worst player tonight, terrible on the ball and when his speed couldn’t bail him out, looked clueless defensively. 

There is little difference between Chilwell and shaw, it really doesn't matter. 

Southgate trust walker and since walker os playing the same job as he has been doing for city for years now, walker is a good option 

🤔🤔 I had a small debate here, I can't remember against whom about why Southgate brought Maguire to euro even if there was a fitness concern. 

By now it is clear it was correct decision, kane and sterling are maybe England star but stone and Maguire are irreplaceable. 

Posted (edited)

Came across this remark on my morning football surfing;

Gareth Southgate’s England went to Rome to see the Pope.

And this is what he said:

It’s coming home… 

::HeAdS:::

Edited by strider6004

23 hours ago, RMH said:

Well, if both England and Denmark play their best football, it will be one hell of a game with England most likely to win. But, with just a tiny bit of complacency or a bad game from Pickford (not unlikely) they will lose, if Denmark play like they did against Belgium bar 20 minutes in 2nd half. 

If Denmark don't show up though, e.g. due to tiredness from a much harder quarter final and trip to Baku and back, England might win comfortably. But player for player the difference in the starting 11 is not as big as some think - Denmark are no minnows, but ranked 10 in the world for a reason. Schmeichel is better than Pickford, Mæhle and Hojbjerg has been outstanding and Kjaer (top 3 defender in Italy this season) and Christensen matches Maguire/Stones in quality. Further up and on the bench England are superior, of course, though the youngsters Damsgaard and Dolberg have been very, very good - even Cornelius has looked very solid when he has played. 

Problem for Denmark is that as much as many England fans vastly underestimate them, the players and Southgate won't. 

I really hope for a well played, entertaining match regardless of who wins it.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I'm hoping for Italy:England final as a new classic, anything else is a disappointment for me.

So who is everybody else supporting? I have a natural inclination to support a team wearing blue, but then there's Azpi....

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

Emerson completely lost the man. he’s got to thank poor first touch not to be behind

Emerson beating aspi for pace.   Good grief they are slow. 

Really good open game so far.

Don't mind who wins and I think England are more than capable of beating either in the final - as long as we overcome Denmark (which we should, but we've been there before!).

Great attacking runs from Emerson.

Italy and Spain both have some horrible strikers. Immobile was a disaster against Belgium as well, hopefully Belotti gets his chance early second half.

Spain tactically adapted to Italy's style and so far Insigne, Immobile and Chiesa haven't shown what they can do against this high defensive line. Luis Enrique clearly made good adjustments now it's time to see how will Mancini respond.

Looks like whoever makes a mistake first will concede a goal first. I think Berardi and Belotti are good to come on in the second half.