Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Antonio Conte is right......unfortunately the Premier league title is Citeh's to loose ...which sadly I can't see them doing.......therefore realistically we are playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th spot........I am glad they beat Man Ure today.....as I'd rather see Citeh win the league than Man Ure.

Antonio needs to make sure Chelsea Football Club secure a Top 4 position in the League, win the Carabao Cup, win the FA cup and go as far as possible in the Champions League......No pressure !!

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Now a bit has been said about missing Diego or missing matic but how badly is conte, and our team, missing the influence of Steve Holland and jt? 

Im not for one second doubting the influence either had, but both were around for much worse times than these.

Great move attacking with three interchangeable forwards today. The movement was clearly bothering the Huddersfield defenders.

Playing 3 in front against a parked bus looked vastly better than the two against West Ham. We used the space on the wings better in the case of the former. There were too many in the center in the latter and I hope we continue to see 3-4-3 against teams who are likely to sit back against us. 

6 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Great move attacking with three interchangeable forwards today. The movement was clearly bothering the Huddersfield defenders.

Playing 3 in front against a parked bus looked vastly better than the two against West Ham. We used the space on the wings better in the case of the former. There were too many in the center in the latter and I hope we continue to see 3-4-3 against teams who are likely to sit back against us. 

Agree, I think one of the weaknesses of Conte is the predictability so changing it for this match made complete sense.

I recall when Costa had one of his suspect moments in January last year we did the same thing and won.

Don't see this for every match yet perhaps every second or third.

On 12/10/2017 at 18:00, Strider6003 said:

I still think City might trip up, consider we played Arsenal, Liverpool, City and United midweek after our UCL matches, they will probably have something like this themselves. So we need to keep the faith and go for every match.

I think we will have to win our last 21 games to even have a sniff ... and even then they'd have to lose 4 and draw 1 out of their last 21 ... and we'd have to score a shed load of goals to catch up the goal difference as well.Worth a small bet I suppose .... what odds are we now ?  :)

After the performance against Huddersfield it is clearer than ever that we must keep this man, even allowing for the dodgy weave. If we allow him to leave it would be the managerial equivalent of the greatest mistake in the history of world football - the sale of De Bruyne. 

While it may be argued that Huddersfield could have put in a better showing, it was clear that Conte devised a plan which was perfectly suited to defeating them. The players stuck to the plan and executed it perfectly, each and every one of them. 

Hazard is a genius. Pedro plays with a schoolboy's relish reminiscent of Joe Cole before Mourinho knocked it out of him. Rudiger's distribution was key to the way we set up. Cristensen looks so promising we'll probably sell him. It was good to see Moses back, albeit rusty. Willian shoved it to his many deluded critics. We even got a performance from the clearly limited Bakayoko.  

When I saw the teamsheet before the game I was worried. But 5 minutes in it was clear we had a plan and to have imparted that so effectively to the players, with 2 days preparation, is further evidence of the brilliance of our coach, and of the necessity of giving him whatever he wants, and keeping him for as long as he wants to stay.

Ohh for sure.....if we lose this man and its thanks to not backing him etc, we will pay a heavy Price for it.

Conte will have any Clubs to choose from basically and we will pay for it. This dude has his faults, they all f**king do.....even pl's new messiah pep the check book.

Make no mistake, we were Lucky to get him......we wont get so Lucky NeXT time thats for sure. Ohh and I absolutely love how our supporters sing his name in every match.......its clear he loves the support.

Interesting quite from Ian McGary. Reckons Carlo will replace Conte.

McGarry is quoted by the Daily Record claiming that Conte will not be charge of the Blues for the 2018/19 campaign, and Ancelotti is the frontrunner for the hot-seat:

“He will definitely be gone by the start of next season. Ancelotti moving to London is significant because he’s had talks with Roman Abramovich, he is the preferred candidate to replace Conte and change the management style back to one that’s less abrasive and less confrontational.”

Edited by JM7

Assuming that Conte does want to leave at the end of the season, Carlo wouldn’t be a bad choice. Apart from Zidiane, I can’t really see another managers that could boost us. 

Carlo certainly would help create a strong bond and group of players. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Assuming that Conte does want to leave at the end of the season, Carlo wouldn’t be a bad choice. Apart from Zidiane, I can’t really see another managers that could boost us. 

i think maurizio sarri would be a good choice. i believe he's probably one of the coaches who could have us compete with pep stylewise.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

He'd be an awful choice, how many times has Conte got us out of poor form by proactive thinking? Carlo would just sit there with his hands in his pockets and hope the players work it out themselves.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

Carlo was frustrating in his 2nd season, I seem to recall his subtitutions drove a lot of us mad. The board is starting to reach the point where they've sacked so many managers, there aren't that many left to choose from.

There be enough around, and there's certainly preferable options than a Carlo mark 2, im getting nightmares just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Zidane is a very poor tactican.

26 minutes ago, Argo said:

He'd be an awful choice, how many times has Conte got us out of poor form by proactive thinking? Carlo would just sit there with his hands in his pockets and hope the players work it out themselves.

There be enough around, and there's certainly preferable options than a Carlo mark 2, im getting nightmares just thinking about it.

I remember the long spell in the middle of the season during Carlo's second season when we went winless in 6 league games and won 2 out of 11 between gameweeks 11 and 21. We started that season brilliantly and then threw it all away during that bizarre spell. 

I hope the club supports Conte to strengthen the team/squad and hope he stays at least till the end of his contract. It wouldn't make any sense for us to go hunting for a new manager when we already have a very good one.  Yes, we've had some frustrating results but I think it would be hard to find many coaches out there of Conte's caliber

9 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I remember the long spell in the middle of the season during Carlo's second season when we went winless in 6 league games and won 2 out of 11 between gameweeks 11 and 21. We started that season brilliantly and then threw it all away during that bizarre spell. 

I hope the club supports Conte to strengthen the team/squad and hope he stays at least till the end of his contract. It wouldn't make any sense for us to go hunting for a new manager when we already have a very good one.  Yes, we've had some frustrating results but I think it would be hard to find many coaches out there of Conte's caliber

Ya, the bizarre spell that began exactly at the moment the board went behind Carlo's back to fire his #2, Ray Wilkins, for circumstances that seemed to have nothing to do with football (CFC was walking the league easily at this point if memory serves me correctly) and quite frankly I don't know if a reason for his sacking has ever been discovered although there was rumors he upset a board members wife or something.

We have not lost anything yet this season and if getting 2nd to city after what they done this far is considered not good enough I'm afreaid the club management is in farytale land. For only what he did last season should give him protection to whatever happen this season.

Edited by Nikos

1 hour ago, Barry Bridges said:

Ya, the bizarre spell that began exactly at the moment the board went behind Carlo's back to fire his #2, Ray Wilkins, for circumstances that seemed to have nothing to do with football (CFC was walking the league easily at this point if memory serves me correctly) and quite frankly I don't know if a reason for his sacking has ever been discovered although there was rumors he upset a board members wife or something.

In the weeks leading up to Ray's departure we got outplayed at home to Wolves despite winning and well beaten by Roy's Liverpool. Rumour also has it he responded to Roman's criticism of performances by saying "we won the double what more do you want" which if true is grounds for immediate dismissal in my eyes, no wonder the team got complacent if that was the attitude of one of the coaches.

As others have said, the club should really try to do all they can to keep Conte. Elemano said he’s one of the top 3 coaches in the world. HEs right and the only way is down I think. 

That said, it does seem that Conte wants out so it is likely that we are looking for another manager. Pretty sure the club will be aware of this, sadly. 

It is always a dilemma that the manager want the club to spend countless of money since in most cases it is what it takes to be nr. 1 and for sure good for managers future career. Chelsea done great business recent year's and might think differently. I remember Conte said the club wants me to use our young players. We can read different things from this but hard to say who is most unhappy. 

2 hours ago, Argo said:

Ohh man what a disaster of a manager if we get rid of Conte and bring in freaking Carlo.........I thank him for the double etc but man that second season totally got me Down with no end to it. Man did I shout at Carlo that season.....we were horrible.

1 hour ago, Nikos said:

We have not lost anything yet this season and if getting 2nd to city after what they done this far is considered not good enough I'm afreaid the club management is in farytale land. For only what he did last season should giveim protection to whatever happen this season.

Just absolute pathetic.......Conte is indeed top 3 in the World and he has proved beyond doubt what he can do......no mater if we have a blip or not, he will demand reaction. Every time we have lost we'ed come back stronger and won. The fans love him.....what does the board do? Look at pep...jose etc......yeah they have tons of Money but they still back the man.....we too have alot more than what we have spent but nahh, lets shoot our selves once Again cuz its what they good at. If conte leaves its totally on us......I just cant fathom it....you have a World class manager, he brought the good times back after a horror season....broke records....got all the players in sync and hungry.....won what 30 PL games? And the best our Club can offer is to f**k it up Again......if Conte leaves, so will the likes of Eden etc. Its an amateur horro show.....

I think all these stories are rubbish. I mean yeah Conte didn't get all his targets in the summer, but I think it's ridiculous to think that he would leave because of that. The media are only painting that picture because of his history of leaving a team before, and the fact the board gave him only a 1-year extension. I can understand why the board would be cautious on giving extend contracts after the large contractual financial loss of "The Mourinho Season", its simply business management. Apart from that, there is absolutely no evidence that Conte wants to leave. Not always getting the players you want is a part of management that all managers have to deal with, even Mourinho didn't get everyone on his wish list this summer.

8 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I think all these stories are rubbish. I mean yeah Conte didn't get all his targets in the summer, but I think it's ridiculous to think that he would leave because of that. The media are only painting that picture because of his history of leaving a team before, and the fact the board gave him only a 1-year extension. I can understand why the board would be cautious on giving extend contracts after the large contractual financial loss of "The Mourinho Season", its simply business management. Apart from that, there is absolutely no evidence that Conte wants to leave. Not always getting the players you want is a part of management that all managers have to deal with, even Mourinho didn't get everyone on his wish list this summer.

Yes its more likely this way than the other.....but yet we have all seen this Blockbuster movie before.....absolute nothing should shock us when it comes to our Club and the decisions they make.

And for sure the scum media would relish seeing Conte out of Chels.....they dont fancy a stable and strong Chels.....they want a weak one, one that cant threaten them too much. Look at freaking klopp ffs....if im not mistaken his record is worse than rogers.....yet nothing on that front, they put up a force-field shield around him. Jose? pretty much the same despite spending over 350m.

I'm desperate for Conte to stay but think it unlikely. If you watch his press conferences he continually cites the summer window, continually cites his small squad, and continually cites a lack of communication with the board. You only have to look at the fact he didn't sign an extension in the summer but accepted a wage rise designed to keep him away from the clutches of Inter.

Obviously Italy is his homeland but the Premiership has 5 clubs in the latter stages of the CL and all the best managers. Hopefully we can tempt him with a longer stint, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were no longer a possibility.

I think Conte is the best manager we've ever had but I will say this, his team is beginning to lack personality and he has to be wary of that. He's fallen out with Luiz and Costa, both of whom are leaders and massive personalities, and you need a bit of that to win games. I'm looking around the team now and I'm not seeing too many players opposing players will be intimidated by, Hazard apart, and he can hardly be described as a leader. We're a nice team and a quiet team. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.