Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Actually i would say it was the opposite and if anything Conte overcomitts vs Arsenal, Jose and Hiddink got comfortable wins or easy 0-0's by sitting in a shape and waiting for Arsenal to get impatient. Conte tries to play them more which has led to his clashes vs Arsenal turning into you shoot, we shoot, a philosophy Arsenal are much more equipped in than us hence the inconsistent results against them. If Conte went as defensive vs Arsenal as you claim, we would probably still be on a long unbeaten run against them.

I'm not sure that's true, Chelsea looked more threatening last night more than usual because Arsenal had a makeshift backline. I very much doubt Chelsea would have had half the chances they did with an Arsenal full strength team. I think Conte sets his teams up negative against Arsenal.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hope so. I mean fair enough if you play morata and he is poor then play Batman and he is poor and you exhaust every option and they are poor then you can moan all you like that you need players. When you barely use good players like Batman or drinkwater cause you for some reason don't like them it is your own blooming problem. Only fair one he can complain about is no competition for Alonso.

he mentions austerity programmes, and i am putting 2 and 2 together here,  but it ties in with his stuff on Juve "dining at a 100euro restaurant with only 10 euros"

I dont think hes stupid enough to publicly lash out at Roman and the board.  Yes, by all means i can see him saying his squad is too small and needs additions... but no way do i see him publicly calling Roman and the board tight arsed bar stewards.  Not having it, referring to Juve 100% for me

Chelsea have no plans to sack Antonio Conte but, with issues over Chelsea's transfer policy and structure, there is expectation at Stamford Bridge that both parties will come to a mutual agreement on his exit in the summer. Will try to replace him with Diego Simeone (Times)

Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri is also on Chelsea's shortlist after his outstanding work in taking them to the top of Serie A, while Allegri's pedigree in guiding Juventus to two Champions League finals makes him a strong contender.

What a shame but seems he is likely leave. Such a great manager, we really should be doing all we can to keep him  

options to replace him are Carlo, Simone, Allegri and Sarri.

Carlo is acceptable but abit meh, don’t want Simone and don’t know much about the other 2  

20 hours ago, Argo said:

Actually i would say it was the opposite and if anything Conte overcomitts vs Arsenal, Jose and Hiddink got comfortable wins or easy 0-0's by sitting in a shape and waiting for Arsenal to get impatient. Conte tries to play them more which has led to his clashes vs Arsenal turning into you shoot, we shoot, a philosophy Arsenal are much more equipped in than us hence the inconsistent results against them. If Conte went as defensive vs Arsenal as you claim, we would probably still be on a long unbeaten run against them.

I agree and suspect Conte respects Wenger and so plays open football against him, great for the neutral yet a nightmare for us used to JM's controlled performances  against them.

19 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree and suspect Conte respects Wenger and so plays open football against him, great for the neutral yet a nightmare for us used to JM's controlled performances  against them.

Im not sure it's that, despite Jose off all people trying to dupe the country into thinking Conte plays defensive football, he doesn't. Only twice has he actually ripped up the rule book and done a bus job which was Spurs at Wembley this season and Anfield last. Most of the time we play out from the back and have the wingbacks and even the outside CB's pushed up into attacking position's, we leave ourselves open to the counter a fair bit but for the most part teams are too cautious or not clever enough to take advantage with mixed with the pace in our team we deal with the danger quickly, Arsenal however have the pace and Incisiveness to cause us real problem with the way we play under Conte.

It's a bit annoying Arsenal ain't our bitch anymore, but a small price to pay in comparison to what Conte's done for us.

8 hours ago, Argo said:

Im not sure it's that, despite Jose off all people trying to dupe the country into thinking Conte plays defensive football, he doesn't. Only twice has he actually ripped up the rule book and done a bus job which was Spurs at Wembley this season and Anfield last. Most of the time we play out from the back and have the wingbacks and even the outside CB's pushed up into attacking position's, we leave ourselves open to the counter a fair bit but for the most part teams are too cautious or not clever enough to take advantage with mixed with the pace in our team we deal with the danger quickly, Arsenal however have the pace and Incisiveness to cause us real problem with the way we play under Conte.

It's a bit annoying Arsenal ain't our bitch anymore, but a small price to pay in comparison to what Conte's done for us.

Conte is a defensive manager and plays defensive football.

Watching his press conferences you can see he’s frustrated with who comes and goes. Especially when asked about individuals, he will just say the club buy and sell and do their best to make the squad stronger.
I think he is involved but he is said not to talk about transfers. It is much easier that way.

I really hope and wish for Conte to stay.....he will bring us forward and make us a constant threat which I like.....especially since the powers that be hate a strong Chels. But the Club must convince him to stay.....the guy only wants backing......I dont want us to be like stinking pep and jose, spending 300m plus in one year.......but still he must be backed. Such pathetic horse crap if we manage to make him run away. He's top 3 for me.

He already said he is going go through with his contract, and I'm going to go on a limb and predict that the Chelsea board will offer him a new one at the end of the year. There doesn't seem to be any reason why they would fire him considering they were willing to stick with Jose when he was doing far worse 2 years ago. I think we just got to keep our heads up rather than thinking of the worst outcome. KTBFFH! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Of course you never know what was discussed when he was hired....'we get the players, you coach them'  'We select the players, we might ask for your opinion occasionally'   Unless your Man City with a bottomless pit of oil and money, I doubt any club will ask the 'coach / manager' who he wants and simply goes and gets them regardless of the cost.  I suspect some of his frustration is that those in charge have asked for his opinion but are being frugal in their attempts to actually get the players he wants.   The other thing of course is the new stadium, who knows what effect that is having in terms of transfers?   I'm sure he will be pissed if ManU steal Sandro from under our noses by giving Juve what they want.

Love for him to stay, but I think we will have to wait and see what unfolds as we go through each of the competitions and how far we progress.

Conte messed up at his last press conference, and appears to  have been played by mourinho and the press. 

Jose had mentioned previously about not lacking passion, but didn't feel the need to act like a clown on the touchline....at no point did he mention names.

Conte bit and took the bait. Responding by calling Wenger and Jose old. Poorly handled and he should have ignored.

Jose responds by saying he will never get suspension or match fixing, clearly another dog at conte without saying his name.

Conte needs to stay out of these petty squabbles through the medium of press. He won't best Jose at mind games and doesn't need to try.

Edited by nonotnowjim

Clearly the Press Manager / Communications Director or whatever his title is, is not doing a good job of advising him not to get drawn into a war of words with Jose; really the press created this by assuming that Jose's comments about 'clowns' were directed at Klopp and Conte, and then sucked Conte in to create a headline.  He needs to leave it alone now and get on with his job, but his frustrations, whatever they are, are clearly showing in recent presser's.  

Conte messed up at his last press conference, and appears to  have been played by mourinho and the press. 

Jose had mentioned previously about not lacking passion, but didn't feel the need to act like a clown on the touchline....at no point did he mention names.
Conte bit and took the bait. Responding by calling Wenger and Jose old. Poorly handled and he should have ignored.
Jose responds by saying he will never get suspension or match fixing, clearly another dog at conte without saying his name.
Conte needs to stay out of these petty squabbles through the medium of press. He won't best Jose at mind games and doesn't need to try.

Did Jose mention tax evasion?

JM sees us as his most important rivals this season as City are probably uncatchable barring some catastrophic breakdown.

Expect more comments and digs throughout the season in this psychological war of attrition and expect a few special barbs as our match at OT approaches.