Chelsea Vs Peterborough (FAC) Sun 08/01 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Begovic

Aina-Iva-Cahill-Zouma-Kenedy

Chalobah-Cesc

RFC

Willian-Michy

Would like to see Loftus Cheek get a run out in this game playing just behind the front players

I'd start our first tem and use this as a training session, they dont need rest they need to get back to winning ways, quicker you shake of a loss the better a nice 6-0 would do them good. I would though try Zouma at RCB and Dave on the wing,  doesn't matter how well you have done you concede 2 identical goals in the same game it needs addressed, 4 goals in 2 games from alls into the box, players need to know if they dont do their jobs the Manager will change things around, I'd maybe rest kante too he had a shocker, bring Chalobah in, no one should feel they can't be dropped, might seem harsh but these are mistakes of the past that Jose made, his untouchables, and we saw where it led, I know 1 loss in 14 etc etc but they did perform poor nip it in teh bud and I think Dave at RWB and Zouma at RCB is a better big game option we should be trying out anyway 

It's progression in the cup, according to the crystal ball. Here are the predictions for the ball's first FA Cup match:

Chelsea (3-4-3): Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Mati?, Fábregas, Alonso; Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi Subs: Collins, Ivanovi?, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Kanté, Chalobah, Costa   Prediction: Chelsea 1-0 Peterborough United (Willian)   Just the one goal from false nine Willian, who starts up top despite Batshuayi being in the team. Most of the starting team are regulars so this won't go down well with some who wanted to see youth/squad players get a run...but a win is a win. Hoping for a big one this week. Plenty of goals, just not a repeat of the Bradford City match. COYB!

Am disappointed. I was expecting Eduardo to start!

12 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Guess I haven't washed the memories of him flailing around last season away. I think he's even less suited to play there than RB

Really ? i trust him far more as a CB than i do a RB these days. He's more natural there and doesn't have to worry about being beat for pace.

12 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Really ? i trust him far more as a CB than i do a RB these days. He's more natural there and doesn't have to worry about being beat for pace.

My worry is him defending out wide. As a RCB there will be less cover if he has to go defend a winger and we could be exposed easily if he gets beat. That space behind our wingbacks is dangerous. To me the outside two CBs need to be able to get out there and be comfortable defending alone in space or else we are shot defensively. Dave does well there exactly because he's used to defending out wide 

On 1/5/2017 at 06:02, Blue Exile said:

With us having no CL football, I don't see us making wholesale changes to the line up for this one.

Bat should start but I don't think he's Contes guy.

its live on Fox sports 2 so should get a stream.

For anyone looking for a stream and have a laptop/pc, download and install Kodi.  Then download a build (there are many youtube tutorials on the workings of kodi) and you'll have various streaming apps to choose from.  If a game is televised anywhere in the world, you can stream it.  It's been a godsend for the 3pm kick offs.

4 hours ago, wallosh said:

Am disappointed. I was expecting Eduardo to start!

To be fair, in @BellettiBullet's crystal ball world, Courtois is the backup keeper!

Also, for what it's worth, if Azpilicueta doesn't start today it will be the first minute of competitive football he has missed for us all season. The same would apply to Cahill, but he came off in the 84th minute against Everton to give JT a run-out.

Edited by PloKoon13

I would assume then that conte does plan on loaning back out our two recent recalled players. 

Unless we are signing two players I think that would be a mistake. We have no one to cover Alonso and naturally kenedy is the best fit we have for that now,  he may even prove better than Alonso. We have sold oscar so why not give his spot to charley boy, especially if rlc is about to head out on loan. 

i am sorry but there is no use playing our starters against this bunch. we need to test our subs to see what we need for the january market. better test them against these folks than drag them in the deep end when the league gets tough. i am talking about

ivanovic, aina,zouma, chalobah,rlc, batshuayi.  

my line up 

bergovic

Zouma          Terry      Ivanovic

Aina      Chalobah      Fabregas         Pedro

Willian                  Loftus cheek

Batshuayi   

I really would like to see Kenedy start.  Seeing him, Zouma, and Bats all play would give us a pretty good indication to their "readiness"

Me too but Kennedy will start only if he's in Conte's plans for the rest of the season.

If he plays tomorrow we can loan him out again. Not sure if that's the case if he's only on the bench but don't get any minutes.

I'm not too worried about the line-up for today as long as we gel better than Bournemouth. There's always that risk, that if you make wholesale changes and put out a group of players who are not familiar with each others' game that you come a cropper. Hopefully Conte will put out a team that is equipped to deliver the right result. 

Expecting quite a few changes for this game so iam going for....

Bergovic

Kurt.        Cahill.      Jt

Dave.           Matic.    Fab.       Alonso

Moses.                           Willian

Costa.....

4-1.     To  the blues.....::ChELSeAFaN::

Big game tonight! Be nice to bounce back with a solid win after our game against the Spuds... would like to see some changes but nothing too drastic as it disrupts the balance of the team (as mentioned earlier with Bournemouth).

Bego

Big Z    Luiz   Cahill

Moses      Kante       Fabs      AKE!! :wink:... Alonso

Willy      Bats      Haz

The Leicester game is still a week away so I'm feeling we go 3 - 0 up and Haz, Kante, Moses will get some rest. Predicting a 5 - 0 win, Bats to score a brace then goals to Haz, Fabs and Willy.

C'MON YOU BLUEEEEESSSS!!!!

15 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Just saw on twitter that the game will be on bein sports France , so I guess we might have a stream

I also saw about it being on Fox Sports 2. They had some FA Cup yesterday so it's likely.