Random Rumours

From BBC gossip column....

Chelsea will move for Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 28, should Belgium international Thibaut Courtois, 23, leave the club. (Mirror)  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

Premier League title-chasers Tottenham have dropped their interest in 19-year-old Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, who was invited by Chelsea to watch their home game against Manchester City at the weekend. (Mail)  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

Chelsea are ready to offer 25-year-old Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann a lucrative deal to bring him to Stamford Bridge. (Mirror)  :JC_doubleup:

I don't see what's wrong with Forster he's a good keeper, personally were Tibo to leave us prefer Butland but Forster would be a good replacement too.

Me neither, forster before his injury was comfortably England's best keeper and in the top 3 in the league on format. I would be very happy to see us sign him if courtois does leave.

We won't get Griezmann.

Dembele is a weird one because I'm not at all convinced he's any better than Solanke. Dom utterly outshone him in the Youth Cup final two seasons ago but the difference is that Dembele got a chance in the Championship. Again, it's a betrayal of our own youth but what's new?

Forster is a decent keeper, but he's not ever going to be close to the heights that Courtois could reach and would be us displaying a lack of ambition. Unless Courtois is determined to leave then we should be planning next season with him in goal, and give him a defence who provide him with some sort of help.

We won't get Griezmann.

Dembele is a weird one because I'm not at all convinced he's any better than Solanke. Dom utterly outshone him in the Youth Cup final two seasons ago but the difference is that Dembele got a chance in the Championship. Again, it's a betrayal of our own youth but what's new?

Forster is a decent keeper, but he's not ever going to be close to the heights that Courtois could reach and would be us displaying a lack of ambition. Unless Courtois is determined to leave then we should be planning next season with him in goal, and give him a defence who provide him with some sort of help.

I think that's what many of us mean mate if Courtois wants to leave which I think is very likely in all honesty.

I think that's what many of us mean mate if Courtois wants to leave which I think is very likely in all honesty.

His contract lasts until 2019 so there's no pressure to sell. 

Forster is a good keeper but Courtois has the potential to be the best in the world. I've moaned about a lack of ambition at this club before but that would be a solid statement by the club that it has no title ambitions because Thibaut is the type of player you build a Conte team around, not sell.

His contract lasts until 2019 so there's no pressure to sell.

Forster is a good keeper but Courtois has the potential to be the best in the world. I've moaned about a lack of ambition at this club before but that would be a solid statement by the club that it has no title ambitions because Thibaut is the type of player you build a Conte team around, not sell.

Of course but if he wants to go and kicks up a fuss then I can see him been sold. If he is Forster would be suitable replacement and given Tibo's form this season an improvement.

Everton star Romelu Lukaku's transfer saga takes a new twist as he eyes a #Chelsea return. [Mirror]

Romelu Lukaku believes he has “unfinished business” at #Chelsea, which puts them in pole position to land the Everton striker. [Mirror]

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will bankroll new manager Antonio Conte’s bid to restore them to the summit of English football. [Mirror]

Chelsea want Lukaku back and are quietly confident — even though Everton are likely to ask for more than double the original £28m. [Mirror]

Wishful thinking, Lukaku has openly said he wants to leave Everton to play in the Champions League next season.

That's probably just code for wanting to play at a big club/earn Champions League money. I'm personally not too keen on us re-signing him but we did it with Matic, he's a Chelsea fan and he knows the league. Throw in the profit we made on selling him the first time around and it's probably not too much more than it would cost going after a Cavani or Higuain, which is my way of rationalising this whole thing.

Hummels is on his way to Bayern.

It seems Benatia is rumored to be replaced. He's not TOP class but he's good and experienced. Hes also 29 so he wouldnt necessarily block either Zouma or Christensen.

Id be happy to have him if we cant get one of the Juve boys or Manolas

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

He is a very good prospect that is well built and versatile, he is probably worth that fee in today's climate but probably wouldn't be a starter here next season.

However I would rather we stayed closer to home, MvG and Pasalic are currently better than him IMO and currently play in a similar role and won;t cost a penny.

Seems a pretty decent box to box mid similar to Ramires (better on the ball though perhaps lacks Ramires' physicality/aggression). By no means a finished product and no Pogba (yet) but at 19 there's potential to improve. Bazoer may be an option if we miss out on Naingollan, though I'm yet to be convinced he's any better than Chalobah/RLC. Arsenal are apparently interested.

Edited by the special one

He is a very good prospect that is well built and versatile, he is probably worth that fee in today's climate but probably wouldn't be a starter here next season.

However I would rather we stayed closer to home, MvG and Pasalic are currently better than him IMO and currently play in a similar role and won;t cost a penny.

Don't be silly.Why would we look at one our own when we can spunk 24m on a shiny model? Maybe to even trump the deal we could throw in a young starlet who we could buy back in 3 yrs at a hugely inflated price.