Random Rumours

So the club should sack someone because the media links Chelsea with transfers, even though the majority of rumours never happen.

I don't think that's what he's saying. Only when they have a proven record and run of poor or lower class signings. Dijobodji, Hector, Miazga.

I don't think that's what he's saying. Only when they have a proven record and run of poor or lower class signings. Dijobodji, Hector, Miazga.

Does he have a proven record?

The media have reported that Emenalo opposed singing Pato, and Miazga.

Does he have a proven record?

The media have reported that Emenalo opposed singing Pato, and Miazga.

Pato was purely cover. Nothing else which considering we've got Diego suspended and Remy injured might mean we won't have to rely on Falcao for the next match.

Miazga appears to me to be a signing made for 50% football, 50% business. He will undoubtedly raise our support in the US but has the raw potential to make it here if given the chance.

Given that Yaya's agent has pretty much confirmed he will leave city, how about getting in Toure? I can see him being a decent addition to the midfield for a season or two. At his best he is still a beast, and I would hope he would want to stick it to pep at city....

I know he would not likely be our first choice signing, but if/when we inevitably fail to sign pogba, would Toure be a bad back up?

He seemed to get plagued by injury at City

True enough, although by the looks of their constant injury list (like arsenal) I'd wonder whether that's an issue with medical staff, we seem to do pretty ok in keeping injury prone players fit (barring falcao, but he's sh*t)

As for the Toure comment, he's just such a liability sometimes, and he commands ridiculous wages, i'd say there are a lot of better, cheaper, and more fit for purpose options out there. Can you imagine having Cesc and Yaya in midfield? We'd need Makelele to come out of retirement to allow that midfield to operate without being torn apart on counter attacks

No.

He's past it and is only in it for himself, guys a bad apple.

Plus he'd be wanting silly money.

Big NO from me.

Totally agree. He's only getting worse now and he clearly doesn't give everything he's got in games. For the last 2 seasons, Toure has looked uninterested. He is worst type of footballer we can sign right now.

First 2 months aside, ivanovic has been one of our better players the last 4-6 months, he is a leader and a good one at that, he is nowhere near being one of the under performers

What have you been watching? He's been one of the worst performers of the season along with Hazard and Matic

First 2 months aside, ivanovic has been one of our better players the last 4-6 months, he is a leader and a good one at that, he is nowhere near being one of the under performers

I liked Branna last year even though he got a lot of unfair stick. He wasn't perfect but he was a key player for us.

This season he's just looked very off. Passes are lazy, he's not been tracking back as much and he looks like he aged over the summer. I don't get this sense that he's a leader either, not when you've had players like JT and Lamps in recent years.

I thought his performance at Swansea was one of the worst I've seen in a while as well and when you're looking for someone to set the tone for the rest of the players, he was nowhere to be found. 

If there's a decent bid for him then I'd say it's time to go.

idk about him being a good leader, never showed the impression of him having leadership quality at all, i remember one time ivanovic overlaps, lose the ball, as usual too slow to sprint back leaving a huge hole on the right but thankfully zouma's there stopping the counter and somehow for some reason he got mad and yelled at kurt? 

jose also said last season that there are three leaders in the locker room JT, drogs, and cesc

He really hasnt though,hes a scapegoat, ye the first two months he was all over the place, but after his injury he has been in good form, not to his standard of last year but not anywhere near what most say,

So he's been in good form but not as good as he was last year... yet not as bad as most would say. I think most would rate him as poor or average at best barring that absolute DISASTER of a start. So if he's been average (a generous assessment IMO) since the injury then all together he's been well below average. That's unacceptable, what is going to change that he's going to actually improve on last season rather than repeat this season or get even worse with age?

So he's been in good form but not as good as he was last year... yet not as bad as most would say. I think most would rate him as poor or average at best barring that absolute DISASTER of a start. So if he's been average (a generous assessment IMO) since the injury then all together he's been well below average. That's unacceptable, what is going to change that he's going to actually improve on last season rather than repeat this season or get even worse with age?

Im hoping that they all improve,every player has under achieved,whats to say that next season they all get back to normal, are you wanting to sell every player who has under performed???