Random Rumours

Few reporting Liverpool are in for Gotze in a cut price deal.

Always rated the little fellow, bit similar to Coutinho so I wonder how they would line up with both?

Gotze, Courinho, Firminho, Lallana.

Could see Lallana moving on as he would be last in that pecking order.

Two more defensive sided midfielders behind Gotze, Coutinho and Firminho would be pretty strong to say the least. Henderson and Milner wobt be dropped though.

With no CL football and other areas of the squad that need prioritising, I think Pelle from Southampton would be a really strong 2nd striker.

He knows the PL, he knows Conte and is about to enter the last year of his contract, meaning he could probably be got for not much more than what Remy will fetch.

I'm a big fan of Traore but i wouldn't rely on him as our 2nd option just yet, plus he is flexible enough to play in several positions so can still be given plenty of game time.

With no CL football and other areas of the squad that need prioritising, I think Pelle from Southampton would be a really strong 2nd striker.

He knows the PL, he knows Conte and is about to enter the last year of his contract, meaning he could probably be got for not much more than what Remy will fetch.

I'm a big fan of Traore but i wouldn't rely on him as our 2nd option just yet, plus he is flexible enough to play in several positions so can still be given plenty of game time.

My first thought was that's a terrible idea but actually thinking about it, it's depressingly realistic. I'd rather it wasn't true and I'd much rather we went with Traore, Solanke and Abraham but that probably won't happen at this club and all the reasons you've listed are perfectly valid.

What might be against this deal are Pelle's age and the likelihood that he'd be looking for a three-year contract at least, which don't fit with this club's structure. Then there's the allure of someone like Ibrahimovic because he's a name.

I could definitely see this deal happening and I can definitely see me defending it on the reasons stated but I think it's another half-measure and we've had more than enough of them. Really good post though.

Well, I have heard that rumour in Genk, yesterday, RIPMourinho.

Would be good for us. (Left us in 2014.)

Don't know if he's good enough for Chelsea? Depends who's leaving and what your plan will be after this season. 

But, he's strong. Very strong!

Did well in Italy. Some teams want him, so ...

Didn't we want to sign Okore a few years back but he went to Villa for first team action? Now that they're going down why don't we snap him up on the cheap. He's still young (23) and from Denmark so can be best mates with Christensen when he returns  :wink:

Not really seen much of him at Villa but can remember him being unreal at Nordsjaelland and for Denmark.

For f**ks sake, I'm getting sick of these links to these random players who inevitably will be shipped straight out on loan.

Whoevers in charge of our transfers and loans, needs to be sacked ASAP

So the club should sack someone because the media links Chelsea with transfers, even though the majority of rumours never happen. 

So the club should sack someone because the media links Chelsea with transfers, even though the majority of rumours never happen. 

I think it's more a comment on the scattergun approach to transfers that show no cohesive policy, no real development path for young talent and don't improve the squad.

Funnily enough the person we were linked to as a new Technical/Sporting Director was Walter Sabatini, who signed Manolas, Pjanic,  Marquinhos and Nainggolan. Sadly it looks like he might be going to AC Milan.

why do we keep getting linked to pogba? are other people seeing something special about him that i am not seeing. i really don't think he looks like some super midfield player tbh. i know there are other people who think he's overrated too. 

Edited by enigma

why do we keep getting linked to pogba? are other people seeing something special about him that i am not seeing. i really don't think he looks like some super midfield player tbh. i know there are other people who think he's overrated too. 

Because at his best, he's got everything.

He's physically strong, he's tall, he's pretty fast with and without the ball, he can dribble, he can tackle back, he reads the game well for someone his age, he can strike a dead ball and he pops up with important goals from midfield.

He's not the finished article but there's really no weaknesses in his game and the reason we're linked with him is because in a Conte midfield, he is the perfect player.

Well after the mess that JM left us with...together with his regrettable decisions over Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne etc. Perhaps Conte should be questioned more rigorously about his choices before we spend yet many more millions on "his" players...especially given the wealth of talent already available within our own existing youth team and loanees....

Edited by doctorblue