Random Rumours

If we can get hummels that would be absolutely quality. I don't we will be able to buy any dortmund players though, maybe we would have a better chance at Gundogan as he is going into his final year of his contract.

As is Hummels, June 2017 is when his contract expires

Rumour on the BBC that Morata is looking to leave Juve, if Costa goes back to Madrid, we should go all out for him, absolutely brilliant player.

No, he is happy there and wants to stay but R Madrid have a €30m recall clause on his contract, and it is rumoured that they will make him go back to Madrid in the summer to sell him to a PL team (and Spanish newspaper suggest that Arsenal would be willing to pay good money for him).

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/03/23/primera/1458716328_465438.html (in Spanish)

Rumour on the BBC that Morata is looking to leave Juve, if Costa goes back to Madrid, we should go all out for him, absolutely brilliant player.

Is he though ? if we was to give up a 20 goal a season striker, then you would want a striker who could do the same. Morata only has 10 goals this season, the season before he got 15. He hasn't even managed 10 league goals at the top level yet. If he can't score goals for the top teams in Spain and Italy then what chance does he have here ?

If Costa went, i would have more faith in Traore scoring goals consistently than i would with Morata. Morata's goal scoring record is similar to Torres when he was here.

Is he though ? if we was to give up a 20 goal a season striker, then you would want a striker who could do the same. Morata only has 10 goals this season, the season before he got 15. He hasn't even managed 10 league goals at the top level yet. If he can't score goals for the top teams in Spain and Italy then what chance does he have here ?

If Costa went, i would have more faith in Traore scoring goals consistently than i would with Morata. Morata's goal scoring record is similar to Torres when he was here.

I am not too impressed with Morata either. I think he is a fine player but there are better options, probably for less.  Higuain, Cavani, Dybala, Keep Costa, to name a few.  Morata is just younger and has the nebulous "potential."  Had a hell of a run against Bayern though in the CL.  

Edited by TheChelsRVA

If costa did go, i'd hope we replace him with lukaku or cavani. Anyone else available would be a massive gamble.

I think Cavani is coming whether Costa goes or not.

Costa is being linked with a return to Atleti, but rumours this morning seem to be that they want Benteke if/when he leaves Liverpool

I think Cavani is coming whether Costa goes or not.

Costa is being linked with a return to Atleti, but rumours this morning seem to be that they want Benteke if/when he leaves Liverpool

wishful thinking, but i like it  :biggrin: 

if i'm not mistaken he played in a two striker formation during his Napoli time right?

could be useful if Conte choose to use 3-5-2

He's what 5 years younger than Costa?

His goal scoring form is quite similar to Costas at that age as well, not to mention his general play ie his touch, taking players on is streets ahead of Costa.

Costa is a goalscorer but he's not a very gifted footballers in my opinion.

Comparing him to Torres is ridiculous, if you've actually watched him play its incomparable with Torres for us.

If we're spending big money on new players it should be younger players not Cavani who isn't a kick in the pants off 30 and already pied us once for PSG. That's my view on it anyway!

Not that it matters by all accounts he'll be going back to Madrid if all the things mentioned by the guys above are accurate!

I hope we keep Costa and buy Simone Zaza as our second striker. Fast, aggressive, strong and technical striker. I think he would give Costa some competition when given the chance and could also work alongside Costa when we need a goal. He would be alot cheaper then Morata, so we can spend big on midfield and defence instead.

He's what 5 years younger than Costa?

His goal scoring form is quite similar to Costas at that age as well, not to mention his general play ie his touch, taking players on is streets ahead of Costa.

Costa is a goalscorer but he's not a very gifted footballers in my opinion.

Comparing him to Torres is ridiculous, if you've actually watched him play its incomparable with Torres for us.

If we're spending big money on new players it should be younger players not Cavani who isn't a kick in the pants off 30 and already pied us once for PSG. That's my view on it anyway!

Not that it matters by all accounts he'll be going back to Madrid if all the things mentioned by the guys above are accurate!

I'm not saying he's is as bad as Torres, i said his goal scoring record is similar to Torres. We can't afford to get it wrong next season. If we want to get back into the Champions League, we can't afford to sign strikers that don't score many goals. If we signed Morata, we would need him to suddenly start scoring goals for fun straight away, which is something he is yet to do at this level. It's too much of a risk, especially when our midfielders don't score many goals themselves.

He has nothing to prove, except that we made a huge mistake getting rid of him, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, he was a chelsea fan as a youngster, could give us a bit of character 

Few reporting Liverpool are in for Gotze in a cut price deal.

Always rated the little fellow, bit similar to Coutinho so I wonder how they would line up with both?

Gotze would likely be put in the centre and Coutinho out on the wing