Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm getting a bit bored of these rumours that lead to nothing now, it's just the same crap recycled every single season.

same here pal. it's almost leading up to us scrambling around a couple days before the window closes to find decent acquisitions. i understand deals take time to close, especially when the targets are quite key at their current clubs, but we should have been tying up these deals already.

Edited by enigma

25 million for Mandzukic's experience and ability to attack a cross into the box. Does Traore have these abilities yet?

that's the point yes he will he has all the tools to be great if we actually let him develop here in the pl rather than another loan to eredivisie, we don't need to spend money on a striker in the first place espescially when there's a far more pressing issues in the defense departement  

besides juve won't let go of him just for 25million in today's market, when they're playing with 2 strikers formation and also zaza joining wolfsburg

Edited by havelschayes

spending 25mil on a 30yr old substitute striker, the traore loan seems so dumb now  :face_palm:

rather we save the money for the rodriguez'es

How does the Traore loan seem dumb, he is young he needs to play. Traore is not going to develop sitting on the bench. 

How does the Traore loan seem dumb, he is young he needs to play. Traore is not going to develop sitting on the bench. 

traore-diego partnership during preseason showed flashes of brilliance, with conte trying to slowly implement his preferable two striker formation, he could be starting alongside diego by september had he given the chance to prove himself here, im not entirely against the loan its just that it gives me the impression that we still have zero trust on the youth

Has all the tools? He's 5.8"? Mandzukic is 6.1"

tools to be a better overral striker

maybe he's not going to be better than mandzukic in the air, but he has the potential to be a better striker in the future imo

Edited by havelschayes

With a 2 striker formation, surely Traore could have got plenty of minutes, offered a valid goal threat and his technique is good enough to link up effectively with other forwards as we've already seen.

Looks like the club are now heading towards a panic to land another striker.

Edited by Kante Conte

Guest Sindre

Looks like we are heading into desperation mode full steam ahead. Not one bit surprised. Koeman has confirmed Lukaku is staying so we have lost out to all our striker and it looks like Koulibaly will stay at Napoli aswell.

#Torino Sporting Director Petrachi: "An English team is interested in Maksimovic" #CFC #MUFC #Napoli

#Torino Petrachi: "Unfortunately, someone gave him bad advice. Maksimovic is not a bad lad, but his choice was not an intelligent one" #CFC

#Torino Petrachi: "We’ve been talking to #Napoli about Maksimovic since January, so there’s been too much talk and not enough action." #CFC

#Torino Petrachi: "Now Maksimovic is wanted by a big foreign club [apart from Napoli] but the same time we won’t rule out him staying" #CFC

#Torino Petrachi: "The transfer market isn’t closed yet. It’s not just #Napoli who want Maksimovic, but also a big club abroad.” #CFC #MUFC

#Torino Petrachi on Maksimovic interest: "It is an English club. The PL does have greater financial resources than other Leagues" #CFC #MUFC

Eh? What are you saying with that last line? 25m for Napoli but 40m for Chelsea?

Napoli isnt getting him for 25, I think thats the stilling point. Either cough or we fond someone who will. Koulibaly isnt 30 mill better then Maksimovic imo

Quite possibly...look at the price BM got Hummels for...any mention of an EPL club and you double your price...the downside of being the wealthiest league in the world

I disagree, I think Dortmund would have loved to sell him to anyone else ahead of Munich so wouldn't have asked for that much more.

Griezmann would apparently consider a move to the PL.

Surely worth a bid if it's true, I'd much rather £75m on him than Lukaku.

Griezmann would be an amazing signing, it's probably sh*te paper talk as usual, but I do like the thought of Griezmann & Costa/Bats if we're going with 2 up top.

I'm all for giving youth a chance ahead of average journeymen or players but if/when the real top talent becomes available we should be in there.

We're probably the most desirable as well. United & City certainly don't need him & Arsenal wouldn't pay the money anyway!

Anyway I'm just dreaming out out loud, but it would be good!

Griezmann would apparently consider a move to the PL.

Surely worth a bid if it's true, I'd much rather £75m on him than Lukaku.

Griezmann would be an amazing signing, it's probably sh*te paper talk as usual, but I do like the thought of Griezmann & Costa/Bats if we're going with 2 up top.

I'm all for giving youth a chance ahead of average journeymen or players but if/when the real top talent becomes available we should be in there.

We're probably the most desirable as well. United & City certainly don't need him & Arsenal wouldn't pay the money anyway!

Anyway I'm just dreaming out out loud, but it would be good!

No CL for us probably means we'll have a hard time recruiting someone of a high caliber such as Griezman, don't you reckon?

Oh well, always nice to dream.. haha