Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Play 2 up top and both will profit.

With no Hazard it needs to happen, what have we to lose now?

----------lamps-CM-------

moses----------------mata

---------torres--ba---------

it could defintiely work. both mata and moses can cross well enough for 2 strikers to consistently be a threat

i dont really see why we couldnt start with that formation against the likes of reading

----------lamps-CM-------

moses----------------mata

---------torres--ba---------

it could defintiely work. both mata and moses can cross well enough for 2 strikers to consistently be a threat

i dont really see why we couldnt start with that formation against the likes of reading

Stop doing these different formations because it gets me excited and then I remember who picks the team and I feel pissed off!

Nicely taken goal today from Torres in what was an awful Chelsea performance once again against inferior opposition.

Saying that Ba made the goal and once again seemed more of a threat in his cameo role than Torres in 90.

It is a huge worry we cannot perform against anyone without Mata's intervention and that is my only conclusion from this disgraceful show.

top finish! Play Demba and Torres together. Fork Marin off

No, fork Torres off and play Marin on. Torres is here over 2 years now and had plenty of games and time, and we brought some players to help him and even this stupid fat c**t of a manager for him and it didn't work. How many games and how much time had Marin?

Guest RFC_CFC

His goal made sure we have a chance.

Ba played him in but if you bother to watch it again you will see the goal comes from Torres bringing down a lofted ball and playing it into Ba in the first place....

Guest RFC_CFC

Rafa probably won't do it.

We were losing and he brought on a RB.

I seriously fail to see what benefit sacking Robbie actually had or what he thought it would have because at least under Robbie we were entertaining to watch.

You disagree?

Torres was useless again for the majority of the game and a goal doesn't change that. Starting Ba up top is the only option as far as I'm concerned unless we give Feruz some game time.

I agree Ba should be starting, I think everyone does.

Not seen enough of Feruz to say whether he could cut it against Premiership opposition and I would bet money you haven't either.

I agree Ba should be starting, I think everyone does.

Not seen enough of Feruz to say whether he could cut it against Premiership opposition and I would bet money you haven't either.

I've seen him 8/9 times and i've been very impressed, obviously it would be a huge step up for him but I don't think he would be any worse than Torres in the majority of games so I fully support the notion that he should be given a chance to impress.

A young player with hunger and desire would make a huge difference to our team IMO even if he only gets 15/20 minutes towards the end of games.

If we go 2 up top having Feruz play with a strike partner such as Ba against weaker opposition at home would be a great way to introduce him into the team.

I can't see FSW or Roman advocating dropping Torres for Feruz though so it's likely irrelevant.

Edited by Hazard_a_guess?

I've seen him 8/9 times and i've been very impressed, obviously it would be a huge step up for him but I don't think he would be any worse than Torres in the majority of games so I fully support the notion that he should be given a chance to impress.

A young player with hunger and desire would make a huge difference to our team IMO even if he only gets 15/20 minutes towards the end of games.

If we go 2 up top having Feruz play with a strike partner such as Ba against weaker opposition at home would be a great way to introduce him into the team.

I can't see FSW or Roman advocating dropping Torres for Feruz though so it's likely irrelevant.

Like I say I haven't seen enough of him to say either way, what I have seem does look promising though.

It could well be said however that it would be more beneficial to his overall longterm development to continue playing in his current environmoent for a longer period of time where he is playing full games regularly and contributing week in/week out, developing both his skill set and his confidence in the process before making the big step up.

He is 17 years old, there is no hurry, if the people that see him train every day and play week in/week out consider that we will gain more in the long run for him to stay where he is for another season or two before making the gradual transition into the first team then I would be inclined to trust that judgement over someone seeing  a handful of highlights against youth opposition and declaring that 'he couldn't do any worse than Torres'. Not the best basis to decide if a 17 year old is ready for first team action in my opinion, it is a massive step up as you say.

I have no problem with him being given chances don't get me wrong but look at Lukaku in his first season with us- a complete wasted year in terms of his development, he barely played and you would have to say went backwards. Now look at him now he is playing regularly. I would rather Feruz continued to play football every week at his age than be brought into the first team to play 10 minues here and ten minutes there and go weeks without playing at all and then potentially slipping further down the pecking order when/if Lukaku is brought back in the summer and possibly another striker signed in addition.

All i'm saying is we should be looking at the bigger picture when we decide he is ready to be introduced to the first team with all factors being considered.