Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Apparently Torres has agreed a deal with AC Milan and the only thing remaining is a severance package from Chelsea.

I wouldn't like to be the guy negotiating that severance package. Massive pressure on his shoulders.

Then by that logic why are we reportedly interested in a bloke that scored 13 goals in the Italian league?

I'm one of those that think Torres's head is completely gone. To me he almost doesn't want to get in the position to score through fear of missing. All the basic skills still seem to be there for him so I don't know what went so wrong. Just 3 years ago many considered him to be the best striker in the world (I was not in that club) His fall from grace has been dramatic to say the least but still, every now and then you see the burst of pace, you see the little trick that in a red shirt used to be followed by a shot. Now he just keeps trying those tricks until some one makes the chllange

To be fair, he did miss a few months through injury.

Guest RFC_CFC

What's left in his contract? I'm bad at math.

2 years remaining.

Some say he picks up around £11 million a year? Not sure about that

Edited by RFC_CFC

I feel bad saying it but i just wish he'd f**k off now. honestly.

i love torres in a really sad way... i love how he has tried so hard to be good, yet remains utterly sh*te. i love how he would pop up with the odd goal at crucial times, and i love how sort of shell shocked and surprised he looked whenever he put the ball in the back of the net.

i feel really sorry for him in a professional sense only. he has been well rewarded and has not a grumble in the world from that point of view, but to see his decline in front of our very eyes is just agonising. i really, genuinely hope that he goes to milan and rips that league apart. he's just lost it as far as english football goes and i pray that against slower defences with lower expectations he can deliver a 15 goal season which in italy is considered a good haul.

that said - i want him to bugger off, pronto.

2 years remaining.

Some say he picks up around £11 million a year? Not sure about that

this is where the whole "175k per week" thing becomes questionable. Is it over 52 weeks? or over the weeks in a season? Reports in italy are that his salary is more like €7 - €8m... which is still a f**k load... but i doubt its over €10m per year

if it was a straight £175k per week he would be on £9.1m per year which contradicts what all the reports in italy are saying...

Guest RFC_CFC

this is where the whole "175k per week" thing becomes questionable. Is it over 52 weeks? or over the weeks in a season? Reports in italy are that his salary is more like €7 - €8m... which is still a f**k load... but i doubt its over €10m per year

if it was a straight £175k per week he would be on £9.1m per year which contradicts what all the reports in italy are saying...

Yeah no idea to be honest.

Maybe things like appearance fee's, win bonuses ect? but who knows?!

Whatever it is it's far too much and we were fools to give out that kind of contract.

We werent fools to give out that contract. At the time Torres was one of the best strikers in the world. If things had turned out different then people wouldnt be questioning how much he is paid a week. Much like no one talking about what Hazard is on (reported to be the highest earner at the club).

Is Torres the biggest mistake the club have ever made? Yes probably but we werent to know that at the time of signing him.

Guest RFC_CFC

We werent fools to give out that contract. At the time Torres was one of the best strikers in the world. If things had turned out different then people wouldnt be questioning how much he is paid a week. Much like no one talking about what Hazard is on (reported to be the highest earner at the club).

Is Torres the biggest mistake the club have ever made? Yes probably but we werent to know that at the time of signing him.

He really wasn't.

The 6 months before he moved here he was in major decline if you remember. Ever since he came home that summer with Spain it was obvious something was wrong.

It was a huge gamble and it was silly to give a 5 year deal like that to any player let alone one who was struggling for form.

Thankfully we seem to have learned our lesson.

Bang on, We were al celebrating when we signed him. Unfortunately for us he was either a busted flush or just not built for our system. Im not sure either way and it will be interesting to see how well he does this year.... as long as he's not wearing Chelsea Blue

Guest RFC_CFC

Torres was on the decline long before we turned up. He didn't look the same at the World Cup either. It hurts even more knowing we could've got Aguero for less money.

Yeah.

Although Aguero seems to be forever injured, he'd be an unreal player if he could go a season without being constantly crocked.

Rob Beasley just posted on twitter that the "bad news" is torres going for 4m which apparently constitutes a 46m loss

The guy is a f**king idiot

Someone said on another thread how reliable he is.. He has absolute sh*te for brains and makes things up for fun

I think the term used for him is wind up merchant. Pretends he's close to Jose and in the know etc.

There's no way Torres was one of the best strikers in the world when we signed him. He'd been injured and was in really bad form.

I think the term used for him is wind up merchant. Pretends he's close to Jose and in the know etc.

Big time mate yeah. He's always saying things like "big news tomorrow" and then delivers some arbitrary squad update. Total wind up and pretends he and Jose are best of buds.

Doubt Jose would ever give an exclusive to the sun. Absolute rag of a paper

Guest RFC_CFC

So latest rumour is all agreed with Milan and Chelsea are going to negotiate a severance package for the release from his Chelsea contract apparently in the region of £6m.

Hope so mate.

So latest rumour is all agreed with Milan and Chelsea are going to negotiate a severance package for the release from his Chelsea contract apparently in the region of £6m.

Would make sense tying in with the rumours of what Milan will pay him. He is meant to be given the same salary Balo reportedly had there, 120k a week. Meaning Torres would be short 55k a week on his deal with us.

So Torres would be down 2.86mill per year or 5.72mill for the remaining  2 years of his contract.