Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Still a lot of love for Torres i see  ::clap2:: tbh whenever he's put the shirt on he has worked his plums off yes he didn't score the goals his price tag suggested but he never was going too,  our system simply doesn't suit him we should never have signed that type of forward in the first place, however if we hadn't of signed him we would not have won the Champs league or the Europa so if he stays or goes cheers Nando a lot of fickle fans jumping on the hate bandwagon!

Take it most of you lot didn't celebrate the Europa league win? Or the champions league?

Wasn't particularly fussed about the Europa league myself, though always nice to win something. Yes of course celebrated the CHampions league. But 1 goal against Barcelona and winning 1 corner in the final doesn't mean he hasn't been an utter catastrophy and we shouldn't celebrate when he finally leaves.

Take it most of you lot didn't celebrate the Europa league win? Or the champions league?

Im guessing you missed the fact that a 400 year old who spend the last few years in the cold barren wasteland of deepest Siberia managed to outscore him last year?

An average of 1 in 5 which coincidentally is worse than Salomon Kalou and Emile Heskey... only without the comforting fact that their wages were 1/3rd of Trolles. I hope we can move on and learn from this Saga, hopefully after Sheva and Torres; Abramovic now knows he cant just buy shiny baubles, they have to fit. If he hasnt even learnt that then this entire debacle is worth nothinng to us.

Edited by Shotgun883

I'll be happy when Torres eventually leaves here and not because of any personal dislike or agenda, purely because I don't think he's good enough (which isn't his fault).

The arguments about us winning the CL or Europa a bit flaky for me, yes I was celebrating like a nutter when we won the CL, Robbie had us so determined and managed it against the odds, Torres played a part but that isn't to say that had he not been in the side we wouldn't have won it...my personal belief is we'd have won it and done better in the league with the back up striker at the time getting more games, in those games where the back up was unfit, whoever had have played in his place even if that was a false nine would have likely had as much influence on the results.

I'd much rather see a youngster as our third choice instead of out on loan if we can't bring in another striker and believe it's best for us and Torres if he was to move on, he might well still reach a good level in another league and be able to get some pride and confidence back, whether or not that's as important to him as the drop in wages he'll be needing to take I'm not sure and it must be a difficult decision as I'd imagine losing something like seventy five grand a week would be noticeable even to someone as well off as he is.

Stay classy guys yer. Embarassing how most of you lot on here are so spoilt.

What happened to staying classy and thanking the guy for his efforts and wishing him well? Not been the striker we thought we were getting but he has helped us win the champions league and his goals won us the europa league.

You lot carry on though but you are embarrassing yourselves

What happened to staying classy and thanking the guy for his efforts and wishing him well? Not been the striker we thought we were getting but he has helped us win the champions league and his goals won us the europa league.

I think its fair to be frustrated with a man who cost that amount of money when more often than not he has a sulky look on his face and walks around when its not going his way.

I thanked him for the Europa League run but bar that he's scired a few impirtant CLs goals and a few important PL games. For a man who cost £50 mil its not enough.

Sky Sports Italia says Milan and Chelsea are holding talks about a move for Fernando Torres with the Spanish international debating whether to switch to Serie A. The two clubs have reportedly reached an agreement over a loan but Torres is believed to prefer a permanent move. More on this as we get it.

Under the circumstances, I'm amazed that Chelsea fans have been so patient with Torres ... which is a massive credit to our fan base.

I'm not so sure this would be the case at many other Clubs, esp. abroad ...

Guest RFC_CFC

I think its fair to be frustrated with a man who cost that amount of money when more often than not he has a sulky look on his face and walks around when its not going his way.

I thanked him for the Europa League run but bar that he's scired a few impirtant CLs goals and a few important PL games. For a man who cost £50 mil its not enough.

I don't see why people bring this up, he always had that look in his career...

It's nothing new