Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Interesting

Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi is delighted with the signing of Fernando Torres from Chelsea on loan and feels he will prove a valuable addition to the squad at the San Siro.

"Torres will give us a big hand. He's really quick. Today he had technical tests and he made records that no player at Milan has ever done"

Interesting

Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi is delighted with the signing of Fernando Torres from Chelsea on loan and feels he will prove a valuable addition to the squad at the San Siro.

"Torres will give us a big hand. He's really quick. Today he had technical tests and he made records that no player at Milan has ever done"

I don't think he has lost much pace at all. Look at him tearing down the right hand side last season against city at home for the assist for schurrle.. And then for the second to put nasty-ass-itch under pressure to head it back to joe shart before prodding in and filling all out pants with pee in doing so

Europa league final too

Etc etc

His finishing is nothing short of rank rotten though so while he may still be quick, he's got f**king club feet when it comes to putting the ball in the net.

Good luck nando

I don't think he has lost much pace at all. Look at him tearing down the right hand side last season against city at home for the assist for schurrle.. And then for the second to put nasty-ass-itch under pressure to head it back to joe shart before prodding in and filling all out pants with pee in doing so

Europa league final too

Etc etc

His finishing is nothing short of rank rotten though so while he may still be quick, he's got f**king club feet when it comes to putting the ball in the net.

Good luck nando

That's what I never got when he played for us, everyone would say he's lost a hard but then he'd tear someone apart (not very often mind) and it just left you wondering what the hell happened to Torres? I truly think his loss of form (and it also happened to him at Liverpool) will always remain a mystery in some ways.

That's what I never got when he played for us, everyone would say he's lost a hard but then he'd tear someone apart (not very often mind) and it just left you wondering what the hell happened to Torres? I truly think his loss of form (and it also happened to him at Liverpool) will always remain a mystery in some ways.

Bizarre mate. Think he honestly just lost his hunger

Sad story. But relieved he's no longer our problem. Put 50 quid on him to score on his debut for milan though. Gonna happen

Am I glad he's gone ? Absolutely. Am I glad it didn't work out ? Absolutely not.

Good luck Nando, I wish you well and thanks.

You wore our blue and whilst it didn't work out you were ours and were part of our greatest night.

Of course, I wish he'd come he'd and scored 25-30 goals every season, just a shame it wasn't to be.

He won the corner for that Drogba equaliser, I'll never forget that or his Europa League run & final performance(s).

Am I glad he's gone ? Absolutely. Am I glad it didn't work out ? Absolutely not.

Good luck Nando, I wish you well and thanks.

You wore our blue and whilst it didn't work out you were ours and were part of our greatest night.

Who the hell would be glad it didn't work out? (on a Chelsea forum)

On the positive side, Torres won the corner that led to the equaliser in Munich, his goals throughout the Europa League, not just the one in the final, were obviously essential in us winning that competition. And whilst it didn't directly mean anything the goal at the Nou Camp and the emotions that it evoked are something I'll never forget.

However, I'm just happy and to be quite honest relieved that the Fernano Torres saga is now finally over. He's been nothing short of terrible for large parts of his Chelsea career, cost us managers and better strikers either inside or outside the club whilst Roman chose to persist with paying his £175k-a-week wages. To be fair to him the club should have cut their losses long ago, but I think the main issue for potential suitors were Torres' ridiculous wages.

My biggest gripe, though, with Torres was his attitude. I don't buy the argument that he worked hard, he didn't. He loafed about sulking most of the time. The fact that he publically criticised the club for not playing him the day after Munich really pissed me off. On what merit exactly did he deserve to be picked?

But one thing that hasn't yet been mentioned by anyone was the fact that Torres almost totally ignored us, the fans. Some of our supporters chanted his name relentlessly, game after game for the past 3/4 seasons regardless of how useless he was on the day. I've never seen any other player receive as much support in my 20 odd years of being a Chelsea fan. All we ever received as recognition was the odd perfunctory clap. 

I suppose I wish Torres well, but in truth, I don't really give a sh*t.

Edited by Celery1989

Guest RFC_CFC

I don't see why he'd slag us off.

We gave him the biggest club honour going, he will regret not scoring like he used to but most players seem to love London.

I guess the thing with the Torres deal was that we (and everyone else) didn't really know that it was his injuries that caused his poor form.

At the time,Liverpool were going through massive issues off the pitch with Hicks and Gillet and they also had Roy Hodgson as manager who was doing a terrible job.

It wasn't obvious that it was Torres that was the problem. Most people thought it was because of off the field problems and the team not functioning well. Jamie Carragher says that he wasn't surprised and everyone at Liverpool knew because they saw him every day.

Edited by JM7

I get that he won the CL and FA Cup and Europa League, which is great stuff, and he was at the best club in the world winning them, BUT he CANNOT be serious when he says they were the best 4 years of his life. For real?? He must be on crack. On a personal footballing level his spell here was the WORST of his career. That wasn't our fault, but it's the truth.

I'm glad this saga is over ...for the club and for Torres himself. I think if he hit the ground running like Costa had done it might have been a totally different story. The longer it went before that goal against West Ham the more the confidence seemed to drain from him. It felt we had to play him at the expense of others like Sturridge because we paid £50m for him. That glaring miss against Man Utd away summed up Torres with us. He had actually played well and scored a great goal ...then that shocking miss.

His time here turned into a bit of a farce with different managers facing the same questions "How can you get Torres back to his best?" The simple truth was no one could. He showed glimpses of his old scoring self but that was few and far between.

I think it's taken Jose to have a good look at him and say enough is enough.

I hope Torres does well at Milan but I'm so glad that we now have a striker and a team that can really strike fear into the opposition.

I get that he won the CL and FA Cup and Europa League, which is great stuff, and he was at the best club in the world winning them, BUT he CANNOT be serious when he says they were the best 4 years of his life. For real?? He must be on crack. On a personal footballing level his spell here was the WORST of his career. That wasn't our fault, but it's the truth.

well for one thing at Chelsea he could probably understand what his team mates were saying to him after years in Scouseland; he was in London; he was getting paid a fortune; the supporters stuck with him regardless and gave him every chance; he got to work with the greatest manager of the modern era - Mourinho