Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

On form he's probably worth 20m but form is temporary. He's 25, which puts him in that golden age range for athletes and this is the first prolonged spell of bad run of games he's had. Its not as if he's picked up a serious injury that's limiting his potential like Torres had done. I'm shocked anyone here would honestly want to sell him for less. This guy was priceless 12 months ago with arguably the best manager in the world stating he would let him go for 100m a leg. Now he's worth a tad bit more than Raheem Sterling?

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

I wouldn't want to let him go unless the fee was so big the club couldn't turn it down. For his standard yes he has had a poor season, but none of us are immortal and that goes for well paid footballers. We have all had times in life where we aren't at the top of our game in whatever it is we do.

I really can't see him playing poor to persuade a move elsewhere like some have suggested (the media being the main culprit.) I generally think he is lacking belief in himself at the moment, due to to form and the pressure that comes with his reputation.

Yes he has made some distasteful comments in the press, but what player wouldn't admit to wanting to play for PSG or Real? I'd much rather he was honest, than a snake who would backstab us. I like his personality and hope he wants/does stay and hits form in a big way.

I wouldn't want to let him go unless the fee was so big the club couldn't turn it down. For his standard yes he has had a poor season, but none of us are immortal and that goes for well paid footballers. We have all had times in life where we aren't at the top of our game in whatever it is we do.

I really can't see him playing poor to persuade a move elsewhere like some have suggested (the media being the main culprit.) I generally think he is lacking belief in himself at the moment, due to to form and the pressure that comes with his reputation.

Yes he has made some distasteful comments in the press, but what player wouldn't admit to wanting to play for PSG or Real? I'd much rather he was honest, than a snake who would backstab us. I like his personality and hope he wants/does stay and hits form in a big way.

I think his personality is the biggest issue. It's not that he doesnt have the talent, so why isnt he performing? Lack of "big-player" personality. He doesnt have the balls for the fight.

As for people arguing that form is temporary, how long do you consider "temporary" to be? Im sure if Hazard was in his best form for just half this season, we would be seriously challenging for the title. But 3/4 of the season has gone and there's not even been a sniff of his best form.

I think his personality is the biggest issue. It's not that he doesnt have the talent, so why isnt he performing? Lack of "big-player" personality. He doesnt have the balls for the fight.

Didn't see it myself but according to Twitter he did an interview on ChelseaTV and said 

"I am happy, I just need to score a couple of goals...Even if i play bad I am happy."

I think that sums your point up pretty well.

Didn't see it myself but according to Twitter he did an interview on ChelseaTV and said

"I am happy, I just need to score a couple of goals...Even if i play bad I am happy."

I think that sums your point up pretty well.

You have gone from commitment to mentality, now its personality. What next?.

My next what? Synonym? Maybe psychology? Outlook? Temperament? Character?

Not sure how you view those as vastly differing attributes.

Let's me get this. From your logic, for example, my commitment to this forum is same as my mentality to it, also same as personality?. Ok then.

Let's me get this. From your logic, for example, my commitment to this forum is same as my mentality to it, also same as personality?. Ok then.

I'd say your personality would inform your mentality and your ability to commit to something. This is the very definition of a semantic argument and if you think I'm being unfair then fine. If everyone agreed the world would be a very boring place. 

Eden Hazard is not committed to Chelsea

Eden Hazard does not have the right mentality to fight for Chelsea

Eden Hazard's has a personality that is not willing to fight for Chelsea

whichever word you use, it's the same result lesblues... he's been sh*t.

I guess Matic, Cahill and Ivan (early part of the season) do, right?

I'd say your personality would inform your mentality and your ability to commit to something. This is the very definition of a semantic argument and if you think I'm being unfair then fine. If everyone agreed the world would be a very boring place.

Personality would inform my mentality?.Yea,let's leave it as it is.

It's the fact that he's shown the ability to fight though that's most frustrating. The Spurs game last season was a good example and he was the difference in a number of games when the rest of the team kept things relatively solid.

Why he's not doing that now I don't know but I think when he says he can be happy if he plays bad then you're seeing something that a lot of top level sportsmen don't really have. Some might call it killer instinct or selfishness, I just don't see it in Eden. That's not a criticism as such because most people lack that and he's very successful at what he does but I think it stops him from making the absolute most of his considerable skills.

I'd be pleased as punch if my company had me as the top earner despite being a complete passenger for three quarters of the fiscal year.  I certainly wouldn't be in the public stating how happy I am or flirting with other firms as I would likely lose my job, but Eden probably has a better agent than I do....or one period.

So nows he says he's happy what next will you lot pick on he doesn't smile enough he doesn't celebrate enough.... Give the guy a damn break... Let him find his form

I think we have waited long enough to be honest. He's supposed to be one of the best players on the planet. The best players don't spend a whole season out of form. He was probably in the top 10 best players last season, he would be lucky to make the top 100 right now.