Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

There are at least half dozen filthy rich clubs in Europe, the 300M won't get Barca very far. They'd keep Neymar over money anyway. I don't know how PSG can break the record transfer without breaking the FFP rule, or maybe they are exempted.

I'm sure there will be a couple of bids for Hazard before the end of the windows, let's hope we don't even entertain the possibility of selling.

6 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

There are at least half dozen filthy rich clubs in Europe, the 300M won't get Barca very far. They'd keep Neymar over money anyway. I don't know how PSG can break the record transfer without breaking the FFP rule, or maybe they are exempted.

I'm sure there will be a couple of bids for Hazard before the end of the windows, let's hope we don't even entertain the possibility of selling.

Good point re PSG and the FFP rule.

9 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Good point re PSG and the FFP rule.

Based on my very limited knowledge of buy out clauses in Spain and FFP my reading is that PSG won't be paying any fee that is backed up by the fact that Barca and La Ligament won't accept PSGs payment.

In effect the player has a buyout clause and the payment has to come from him. 

The question is how does Neymar get his hands on £200 million and how will he pay it back.

I can't find anything that stops a third party lending Neymar £200 million and then him either repaying it or not as the case maybe.

This situation is unique in that in the past the way that payments in respect of buy outs have been treated for tax purposes is no more . It was easier and cost effective for the owning club to accept the buy out as being a transfer as it was tax efficient to do so now it makes no difference. The profile and the elitist mentality of Barca is in jeopardy and they are trying to create a  storm to protect their position although I suspect they know he's going

2 hours ago, terraloon said:

Based on my very limited knowledge of buy out clauses in Spain and FFP my reading is that PSG won't be paying any fee that is backed up by the fact that Barca and La Ligament won't accept PSGs payment.

In effect the player has a buyout clause and the payment has to come from him. 

The question is how does Neymar get his hands on £200 million and how will he pay it back.

I can't find anything that stops a third party lending Neymar £200 million and then him either repaying it or not as the case maybe.

This situation is unique in that in the past the way that payments in respect of buy outs have been treated for tax purposes is no more . It was easier and cost effective for the owning club to accept the buy out as being a transfer as it was tax efficient to do so now it makes no difference. The profile and the elitist mentality of Barca is in jeopardy and they are trying to create a  storm to protect their position although I suspect they know he's going

I'm sure PSG can "lend" Neymar 200m in return for his services.  They can also pay his wages.  

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

I'm sure PSG can "lend" Neymar 200m in return for his services.  They can also pay his wages.  

The reason I said 3rd party's that  I am pretty sure that there are rules that forbid loaning monies players money other than say relocation costs or like.

PSG will pay Barca in several payments over the next 5 years. If they pay equal sums for every season it is 44,4m per year. Shouldn't be too hard for PSG to cover that amount per season even with signing other players. Even if it is 74m on the course of 3 years they are fine.

The marketing value of Neymar is also huge. The big loser here is Barcelona. They can't replace Neymar with anything. They can throw money at players but we all know Neymar is special.

Eden will certainly be on their radar and I really hope he decides to stay. Hope he sees Barcelona as a declining force as I do.

32 minutes ago, Frawdulant said:

Talk of Barca spunking the Neymar cash on Hazard and Coutinho. I'm bias I know but I'd expect the same amount as Neymars buyout if not more to part ways with Eden.

Conte won't allow this. and Hazard is committed to us.

7 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

They can f**k right off, wouldn't sell him for even 150m

I said it another thread a while back, i wouldn't sell Hazard for any money. Who would we replace him with ? We can't just snap our fingers and say we will get this player and that player. I also don't think there is a player we could even get that is on Hazard's level, no matter how much money we throw at them. Every top team needs that superstar to be successful, if we sold Hazard we wouldn't come close to competing for a league title or Champions League any time soon. Look at United when they sold Ronaldo, they haven't been the same team since he left. Some players just can't be replaced and i think that is the case right now with us and Hazard.

On 03/08/2017 at 20:26, Tibbers said:

I just LOLed

To be fair, he's not wrong, we were really poor in the F.A Cup final and played right into Mertesacker's hands. The guy had just returned from months of injuries and we gave him the easiest game of his life. We didn't take advantage of his lack of football or his lack of mobility, we just hit it long which is exactly the type of game somebody like him would be comfortable with. If we played it around quickly he would have really struggled.

On 04/08/2017 at 03:10, mad_mac said:

Rumor is that Barca are looking to raid Monaco for Mbappe, but their back up is Hazard

I really don't get this Mbeppe thing at the money people are talking. He's 18 ffs, and has never played outside France. I've never watched him play, but how many hugely promising 18 year olds have we watched disappear over the years? Seems insane.

35 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I really don't get this Mbeppe thing at the money people are talking. He's 18 ffs, and has never played outside France. I've never watched him play, but how many hugely promising 18 year olds have we watched disappear over the years? Seems insane.

The money undoubtedly is insane but that is football in general. Sometimes though you witness a young player who seems that little bit special in respect to his piers. Maradona, Pele , Ronaldo were all destined for the top  at 18, Mbappe will be one of these providing he applies himself fully to his career and steers clear of serious injury.

Just now, charierre said:

The money undoubtedly is insane but that is football in general. Sometimes though you witness a young player who seems that little bit special in respect to his piers. Maradona, Pele , Ronaldo were all destined for the top  at 18, Mbappe will be one of these providing he applies himself fully to his career and steers clear of serious injury.

Yeah, to be fair both Hazard and Neymar were like that at the same age too, there's just so many things that can go wrong though that 150m of investment just seems like a crazy gamble. If they're still performing at 20-21 that seems a much more logical age to jump in with the mega-bids.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 03:45, Scott Harris said:

I said it another thread a while back, i wouldn't sell Hazard for any money. Who would we replace him with ? We can't just snap our fingers and say we will get this player and that player. I also don't think there is a player we could even get that is on Hazard's level, no matter how much money we throw at them. Every top team needs that superstar to be successful, if we sold Hazard we wouldn't come close to competing for a league title or Champions League any time soon. Look at United when they sold Ronaldo, they haven't been the same team since he left. Some players just can't be replaced and i think that is the case right now with us and Hazard.

I think at this moment in time Bale just might be a replacement if that were to happen. Not saying he is on the same level just that they are both game changers and big names.

I don't see Hazard going this transfer window I think Barcelona will look elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Kentonio said:

Yeah, to be fair both Hazard and Neymar were like that at the same age too, there's just so many things that can go wrong though that 150m of investment just seems like a crazy gamble. If they're still performing at 20-21 that seems a much more logical age to jump in with the mega-bids.

Crazy indeed but it's actually only 3 John Stones or Raheem Sterlings so suddenly it's actually not that much money in relative terms.