Branislav Ivanovic - Your Views?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If PSG were to sign Brana I would be far more distraught than when Man United signed that chap, I forget his name, from us a month or two ago.

Mods, can we please change the name of this thread? Branislav 'two goal' Crown Prince of Serbia Ivanovic.

I seriouy doubt he will want to go to PSG though. He was so excited to play under Jose early on this season and now that our backline has been stellar. Now with us pushing for the Prem, Cup, and who knows the C, and all this talk about building a squad for years, why would he leave. Money would be the only issue and I am sure he is comfortable.

Goal-scoring machine..... But I wish he had a better delivery into the box.

Defensively he is solid without being special!!! Overall been a very good signing over the years.

Then I think about all the important goals he has scored............

GREAT SIGNING FOR US OVER THE YEARS!!!!!!!!!

Love u Branna.

WIth him, Rmires, and Willian all playing down our right, it has been Ivan that's emerged as the main crossing threat out of those 3.

I'd like for him to be back in the CB position, and thought that's where he'd be yesterday v Man City if it weren't for Cahill making the team

would prefer him to play centrally and allow dave to play on his natural side to give us a little more impetus going forward.

I think with Bertrand going out on loan Jose now "has" to use Ivan as a right back because we would only have Dave and Cole as the recognised fullbacks otherwise.

I really don't see Ake coming into the squad/team at this late stage of the season. 

I think with Bertrand going out on loan Jose now "has" to use Ivan as a right back because we would only have Dave and Cole as the recognised fullbacks otherwise.

I really don't see Ake coming into the squad/team at this late stage of the season.

Ake played well last season in his handful of opportunities I thought. Hopefully next season.

Ake played well last season in his handful of opportunities I thought. Hopefully next season.

He did okay but that was in defensive midfield and mostly against weaker opposition, I have no idea of his capability as a full back and as I said I wouldn't be comfortable with youth players coming through at such a late stage. 

I think with players we have available, there is still enough flexibility to play ivan centrally. I think at home we would definitely better off with azpi and cole.

He did okay but that was in defensive midfield and mostly against weaker opposition, I have no idea of his capability as a full back and as I said I wouldn't be comfortable with youth players coming through at such a late stage.

I wouldn't be comfortable with anything less than our best 11 on the pitch for the remainder of the season. Too much at stake.

I think with players we have available, there is still enough flexibility to play ivan centrally. I think at home we would definitely better off with azpi and cole.

Problem is for the most part Cole's performances haven't been good enough this season to justify moving Dave from left back. 

Problem is for the most part Cole's performances haven't been good enough this season to justify moving Dave from left back.

I agree with that but I think as good as azpi has been, he naturally doesnt provide the incisive runs on the left that he does on the right, and having a left footed left back providing width and threat from the overlaps, would allow hazard more space, and stop teams doubling up on him.

It only becomes a problem when teams sit deep against us, and we end up looking very narrow at times. I think hazards form has masked this problem for a while but it something we have struggled with all season.

I think Shaw is over rated because he is English.

I think this is an unfair comment that is getting said about too many young English players these days. How are we ever going to find good young English players if all people are going to say is "they are overrated" just because they are English ?

Anyone who watches Shaw on a regular basis can see that with the right coaching this guy can go on to be a world class full back.

The potential is there, if he joins us i truly believe Mourinho will turn him into one of the best full backs in the world.