Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Im not too sure. Its not like Madrid couldnt have afforded him if Jose wanted him before he went to Russia.

I personally think it was a club buy that has just worked out very well.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Mins Per Chance Created 13/14 (Minimum 50 chances)

Silva 25

Willian 26

Nasri 27

Ozil 28

Eriksen 29

Hazard 31

Navas 31

Mata 33

Suarez 34

Well well, would ya look at that.

Interesting stat dkw. Particularly given many of us view him as not producing enough end product.

I think one thing we can agree on is that it's better he played for us than for Spurs. 

Silva 25

Willian 26

Nasri 27

Ozil 28

Eriksen 29

Hazard 31

Navas 31

Mata 33

Suarez 34

Interesting considering that goes against what the majority of people in this thread think and say.

Personally I think he's been the most consistent one out of our forwards.

Silva 25

Willian 26

Nasri 27

Ozil 28

Eriksen 29

Hazard 31

Navas 31

Mata 33

Suarez 34

But that doesn't really mean he is doing anything great. You could make a 5 yard pass and someone can shoot from 30 yards and that would still count as a chance created. The chances he has created are not genuine chances.............well not all, but most.

This is why i don't like stats like this, they don't tell the whole story.

Edited by Scott Harris

But that doesn't really mean he is doing anything great. You could make a 5 yard pass and someone can shoot from 30 yards and that would still count as a chance created. The chances he has created are not genuine chances.............well not all, but most.

Look at the names around him though; Silva, Ozil, Hazard, Nasri, Mata, Suarez, Eriksen, clearly that is some correlation between the stat and being a quality chance creator, unless you're saying Willian is the odd one out on that list.

I think you need to focus On the company he is in On that list... that kind of supports the stat a bit more..

Willian would have a lot more assists if we could finish... of the top of my head be created 2 great opportunity in the city game away which Wernt taken And another of the bench vs spuds, again Not taken..

Silva 25

Willian 26

Nasri 27

Ozil 28

Eriksen 29

Hazard 31

Navas 31

Mata 33

Suarez 34

Interesting stats, though like all statistics they really require breaking down more. Suarez for example is lower down the list but might create more chances when the score is 0-0 than say Eriksen does. Without all the analytical data, when the chances were created during the match, quality of opposition etc they ultimately just become a meaningless table.

I agree, stats at times mean very little. I was just using it as a point against those who claim he contributes nothing and they don't know what he does. Even if we take those stats with a pinch of salt its obvious he is creating chances for us.

I agree, stats at times mean very little. I was just using it as a point against those who claim he contributes nothing and they don't know what he does. Even if we take those stats with a pinch of salt its obvious he is creating chances for us.

I agree with that, I do think though we all would like a bit more from him in the final third and hopefully that will come in his second season with us. At present he appears to be a luxury player at the fee we paid, this time next year hopefully he will look a bargain and add finish to his hard work.

I've said on this thread before that the strikers have let his assists down massively, Oscar going off form hasn't helped and no one coming from deep. Those three positions should be sorted by next season and I reckon he'll have a great season with even more stats to back it up

I think the numbers have been inflated from some of our games against the bottom sides which we could not break down, loads of chances created yes but few were clear cut and few were taken. Take the West Ham game for example, we took so many shots, long range shots, shots that were blocked which were all counted as chances created.