• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Eto'o
    • Ba (sub)
    • de Bruyne (sub)
    • Lampard (sub)

Has to be Willian, he was a real menace all game, although there were quite a few good performances - Eto'o was more threatening than I've seen him so far in a Chelsea shirt, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta and Mikel kept it very solid at the back.

Willian for me, seems he knows exactly what Jose wants out of his players and like Oscar usually does he gave it.

Cahill is having a great season and looked so assured tonight, Mikel and Ramires in front of the Cahill/Terry partnership is the way I'd be setting out against top teams away from home.

No passengers again tonight which is how it should be.

In the end a lot of good performances, Terry, Cahill, Dave and Mikel all had good games, but I'll have to give it to Willian. He worked hard tonight, and showed a great turn of pace and skill to set up the 2nd goal.

It will be interesting who starts on Saturday against West Brom...

Edited by 2211

thought willian ran about alot and covered back very well... just like schurrle and just like jose wants from his wingers---a good second half made more so from his run that set up eto'os 2nd goal, otherwise nothing overly special---too many balls passed backwards and a bit like Bale at present, needs speed up to go by players-----but he's just into our system and needs bit more time,looking good.........

however thought mikel was imperial up til that, both his movement and tackling, positioning and held it together esp during that difficult 10--15 mins in first half. Got us through that difficult period and then second half we took over..

my order of best tonight.......Mikel, Cahill, Aspi, Eto'o, Willian, JT, Cech for that one save and one of the players who was considered poor tonight---Oscar.......covered acres of ground to close down the opposition, the spaces Schalke needed to start their attacks and also won numerous tackles, and if asked Jose would be praising him too..............my poty so far and a real gem we have, but still below his normal high standard to allow people to put the boot in his performance!!!....Jeez

Some good performances tonight, but went with Willian. Did excellent to supply Eto'o for his second goal and worked hard all game. If there is any justice in Mourinho's team selections, which I firmly believe it is, his displays when given the chance should see him get a run in the team the coming weeks. Think he'll prove to be a great signing for us.

Willian, just like I had hoped made a huge impact and a wonderful assist for Eto'o's second. Did make me a bit happy to see Eto'o get a brace like I said. Oscar off the ball was brilliant, kept quiet tonight but dropped back alot and did a great job defensively. Cahill/JT partnership is so solid, only part of that back four that's unconvincing is Ivanovic. Not many other standouts for me, disappointed De Bruyne wasn't brought on earlier.

Thought Willian had a really good game as did JT & Azpi.

But Cahill gets MOTM for me. Didn't put a foot wrong all night and we can only hope Luiz was watching closely and learning.

Big turnaround from Saturday, and lots of candidates for MOTM last night.

Eto'o had his best game in a blue shirt by far and worked tirelessly. Cahill and Terry clearly enjoy playing together and a good understanding between the two is already there.

Willian was excellent and would get the nod from me ahead of Lampard in a starting central midfield spot. I am mighty glad we gazumped Tottenham to land him. He would have improved them significantly I feel.

But my vote goes to a player who has hardly featured for us this season and when he has, like last night, has sometimes had to fill a role outside of his natural position. Dave was excellent throughout the whole game. I will admit I really, really, really rate this kid. IMO he is a far better footballer than Ivan, but I believe Jose prefers Ivan's height and physical presence. I think Jose is making a mistake there.

Dave has the one thing that any truly top class player has to have, a good footballing brain. He knows when to stay and when to go forwards. When to hold the ball and when to pass. When to tackle and when to stay on his feet. Generally, he reads the play brilliantly. 

David Luiz could learn a lot from Dave. He reminds me a lot of Philip Lahm and that is some compliment.

Only one for me Willian.... he was here, there and everywhere.

His run through the middle to release the ball to Eto'o was fantastic, it's the kind of stuff we expect from Hazard. Hopefully we see a reaction from him.

Willian worked very hard, especially when he lost he ball and won it back a few times, I love to see that.

If he plays like this in most of his games we are in for a real treat, he looks like a quality purchase and he is still settling into the team.

Honourable mentions to Cahill, Terry, Mikel, Eto'o and a nice taken goal from Ba!

If Willian doesn't start next game, it will the crime of the century.

Edited by Zola