Toni Kroos

Castiel
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I'm surprised we don't have a thread on him considering all the recent bravado over his contract negotiations.  Guardiola was quoted:

"He's important, but it goes fast in football. Here today, there tomorrow."

Bayern have since confirmed that they have failed to negotiate a new contract at this stage.  Kroos himself said that he can't rule anything out at the moment.  His contract expires next year, and if they can't sort it out he could be leaving in the summer.  United are reportedly after him but we've also been linked.

He's an elite midfielder and reminds me a lot of Lampard.  Doesn't seem like an immediate requirement for us considering our midfield overhaul, but we really are talking about an elite player here who seems comfortable anywhere in midfield.  I can imagine him next to Matic, competing with Ramires, giving us one of the finest midfields in football.  Considering Lampard may be on his last season, we've already let Essien go, and Mikel has been relegated to closing out games, we could easily accommodate him.  It'd also be f**king hilarious if we use the Mata money to buy a player who could actually fix United.

All a pipe dream at the moment but until they resolve this contract situation, which isn't looking good, it's a possibility.  

I assumed he was trying to use us as leverage for his new contract, surely Bayern wouldn't let him leave?

Well we just sold our best player of the last two seasons so nothing sounds absurd at this point.  Their midfield is utterly packed but Kroos has had plenty of game time this season.  It's reported he wants more money but Bayern are unwilling to budge.  Chances are somebody will blink and he'll sign, but until then it's looking likely that he could be on the move.  If it can't be resolved I can't see Bayern letting him go as a free agent either.

If i'm honest, i don't know much about Kroos apart from the praise he's got. Can you compare him to a certain player? E.g. pirlo?

He`s a mixture of Pele, Eusabio, the new Schmoo, Officer Dibble, the big haired one from the hair bear bunch and that bloke who always seems to be in the bus station with a copy of the Argos catalogue. 

That quote is wrong in this context. He said those words but he was referring more to modern day managers rather than Kroos. He was effectively saying that it's not down to him.

I don't see them letting him leave anytime soon, it took a while for them to sort out new contracts for Boateng and someone else I'm forgetting but it was done in the end. 

He`s a mixture of Pele, Eusabio, the new Schmoo, Officer Dibble, the big haired one from the hair bear bunch and that bloke who always seems to be in the bus station with a copy of the Argos catalogue.

yeah but could he hold an argos catalogue on a 'cold night in Stoke'?

If he's available then we need to do everything we can to sign him. He's one of the worlds best central midfielders and he's only 24. He is the natural replacement for lampard. The player I would compare him most to is Gerrard though, he has a spectacular passing range and an absolutely thunderous long range shot.

I can see why United fans want him badly. Would be perfect for them. Reminds me of Paul Scholes (except he can actually tackle). 

I'd feel a lot better about the Mata transfer if we could do a WIlliian/Salah on them with Kroos. Can't see it happening though

Edited by footballoholic