Realistic January targets

evissy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Looking at our squad. The main problem has been form, but this doesnt mean to say some additions would be welcome. Texeira, looks like he could add a finishing touch, which we really need right now. I do think though that our defence needs the most attention, we are so thin on the ground there, lets take Terry out of the equation, as he looks like retirement is looming, what do we have left? Cahill, Zouma, Baba, Dave and Ivanovic. Thats not enough especially when you consider how Ivan has been playing! We have to go all out for Stones and another right back in January.

If we could sign Stones, Texeira and a decent right back this Jan, that would be a big step in the right direction.

I can think of one name who might be handy.

He's getting on a bit but he's not quite knackered yet and he definitely knows his way to goal in the Premiership.

His career under his present manager not only seams to have stalled,but appears to be going backward!.

Maybe a new challenge at a new top club under Jose might prove to be a golden swansong before the last hurrah...........or he may prove to be yet another expensive w**ker,still............ALL transfers are a gamble aren't they?.

Step forward.........Wayne Rooney!.

After wiping the spit from your computer screen think about it.He's dying a death under Van Bore and Jose knows how to motivate top class players and he is one of those,(yes I know). 

And besides think of the benefits, we could get a great sponsorship with SAGA because we know how much he loves grannys!.

To be honest, I think he still has more chance of finding the onion bag while spooning a pensioner than Diego Costa right now.

And anything is better than Falcao.

I can think of one name who might be handy.

He's getting on a bit but he's not quite knackered yet and he definitely knows his way to goal in the Premiership.

His career under his present manager not only seams to have stalled,but appears to be going backward!.

Maybe a new challenge at a new top club under Jose might prove to be a golden swansong before the last hurrah...........or he may prove to be yet another expensive w**ker,still............ALL transfers are a gamble aren't they?.

Step forward.........Wayne Rooney!.

After wiping the spit from your computer screen think about it.He's dying a death under Van Bore and Jose knows how to motivate top class players and he is one of those,(yes I know).

And besides think of the benefits, we could get a great sponsorship with SAGA because we know how much he loves grannys!.

To be honest, I think he still has more chance of finding the onion bag while spooning a pensioner than Diego Costa right now.

And anything is better than Falcao.

Yeah, good shout, lets fill our team with past it utd players. Lets get rio ferdinand and van persie too!!

Also, setting Falcao as a bench mark is a bit of a joke, considering we could pull someone out of mid-table championship for 100k and 5k per week who is better than falcao.

Yeah, good shout, lets fill our team with past it utd players. Lets get rio ferdinand and van persie too!!

Also, setting Falcao as a bench mark is a bit of a joke, considering we could pull someone out of mid-table championship for 100k and 5k per week who is better than falcao.

I guessing you're not to keen on the Rooney idea are you...........was it the tie-up with SAGA that put you off?.

Maybe I should have suggested Rug Doctor instead.(that is a piss poor attempt at a joke).

I wasn't being overly serious by the way but never mind,it's was just an opinion anyhow.

Having said all that guff,I think you may be being a bit hard on good old Wayne.He's only just turned 30 and is only 15 months or so older than Cavani who would cost the club a pretty penny if he was to sign. 

And he's never played a wet midweek match at Stoke either! ( yet another attempt at.......you get the idea).

Plus,age is just a number,Drogs was 32 when he won the golden boot at Chels & Van Nistelrooy scored a bucket load for manure than went to Real Madrid and won their top goalscorer award in his first season, in his early thirties. 

And his legs were supposed to have gone before he left Utd.

It's just my opinion mind,but I'd rather give Rooney a chance while he's strapped to an old prozzie than witness a happless Costra dry humping yet another opponents Centre Half again. 

I guessing you're not to keen on the Rooney idea are you...........was it the tie-up with SAGA that put you off?.

Maybe I should have suggested Rug Doctor instead.(that is a piss poor attempt at a joke).

I wasn't being overly serious by the way but never mind,it's was just an opinion anyhow.

Having said all that guff,I think you may be being a bit hard on good old Wayne.He's only just turned 30 and is only 15 months or so older than Cavani who would cost the club a pretty penny if he was to sign.

And he's never played a wet midweek match at Stoke either! ( yet another attempt at.......you get the idea).

Plus,age is just a number,Drogs was 32 when he won the golden boot at Chels & Van Nistelrooy scored a bucket load for manure than went to Real Madrid and won their top goalscorer award in his first season, in his early thirties.

And his legs were supposed to have gone before he left Utd.

It's just my opinion mind,but I'd rather give Rooney a chance while he's strapped to an old prozzie than witness a happless Costra dry humping yet another opponents Centre Half again.

I do think he could be an assett, but for the money both he (in wages) and utd would demand it wouldnt represent good value, especially seeing his value is certainly on the way down. If we sign texeira, that would be more positive business and a longer term investment.

On the subject of Costa, he needs competition for game time, last yr he showed us what he can do when he's trying to prove himself. I just think he has got lazy, cos he knows he can be crap and still get game time.

We could well be seeing an old Jose tried and tested in Adebayor on a short term.

Realistically, I think Charlie Austin would be a good signing even though he id fairly limited. Costa just isn't offering much and he would be an upgrade on Falcao.

Winston Reid as someone else suggested?

A centre back, an energetic powerful box-box player who is good on the ball and a quality striker.

These are the three needed imho. With it being mid-season, unlikely to get much value, though.