Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

my take is i am 50/50.  

I think he'd want to stay, improve the team and make a real go at CL and retaining the league. Because regardless how quiet it's been, i do think we'll strengthen.

But, and it's a big but, he walked out on Juve as they didn't sign who he wanted.  And if he walked out on Juve, he'd walk out on anyone.

I think the story of him being unhappy with lack of signings is true, as he apparently wants a busy busy summer, but i think the part of him walking out is a bit premature IMO

1 minute ago, RickUK said:

my take is i am 50/50.  

I think he'd want to stay, improve the team and make a real go at CL and retaining the league. Because regardless how quiet it's been, i do think we'll strengthen.

But, and it's a big but, he walked out on Juve as they didn't sign who he wanted.  And if he walked out on Juve, he'd walk out on anyone.

I think the story of him being unhappy with lack of signings is true, as he apparently wants a busy busy summer, but i think the part of him walking out is a bit premature IMO

How can he make a Real go at the CL when the club want to deliver him Lukaku of all people? 

1 minute ago, pacquiao said:

How can he make a Real go at the CL when the club want to deliver him Lukaku of all people? 

that's why im 50/50. i think we'll sign players, but are they his?  Morata was conte's number 1 i reckon.

maybe seeing him go to utd is irritating him?

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

What mess? We've been a bit slow, it's far from a mess yet, these reports are probably all rubbish. 

August 31st we'll have a good squad, will that be enough though.

Bilel Ghazi of lequipe claims a source told him Conte wants Lukaku, but the board not keen to pay the fee, Conte insists.  Tensions high

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-tough-clubs-wanting-borrow-10630954

Doesn't add up to me. Why would Roman hire him then refuse to buy players he wants? Suppose you could argue he listens to Emanalo not his coach but Roman doesn't strike me as the type to go through all the trouble of vetting and hiring a manager then ignoring his wishes and letting him walk, especially a succcessful one. Its been said for a while but maybe he really does believe it's time we start using academy players and he's putting his foot down

9 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-tough-clubs-wanting-borrow-10630954

Doesn't add up to me. Why would Roman hire him then refuse to buy players he wants? Suppose you could argue he listens to Emanalo not his coach but Roman doesn't strike me as the type to go through all the trouble of vetting and hiring a manager then ignoring his wishes and letting him walk, especially a succcessful one. Its been said for a while but maybe he really does believe it's time we start using academy players and he's putting his foot down

be nice to see youth gradually brought in, but it'll never be at expense of marquee signings. will never happen

Makes sense to me, seems to be no real progress in us signing people so conte could be losing patients and I could see him telling the board he will go if action is not taken soon. Have Spanish papers put 2 and 2 together and therefore made this rumour of an 11th hour morata bid?

Conte could hardly walk before a game last year but he was not happy to miss out on a few targets, or so we heard. Walking as a champion however...

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

that's why im 50/50. i think we'll sign players, but are they his?  Morata was conte's number 1 i reckon.

maybe seeing him go to utd is irritating him?

No. Lukaku is Conte's first choice. Let's make this clear. Don't see why people are suggesting different.

If the club don't have the same ambition as the manager, then the manager is entitled to walk. We've been down this road before with the Board failing to adequately recruit over the Summer. The Board have time to get their act together, so hopefully this is just a warning shot from Conte. It might be the kick up the backside the Board needs. 

The Board needs to gets its objectives right.  If the Board wants Conte to win the EPL title again and be serious challengers for the CL, then sanction the large transfer fees that would be needed to back Conte.

If they decide to be more like Arsenal's board, then set top 4 and round 16 of the CL as the new objective and keep that 50 million pound club transfer record for Torres in 2011 as a limit for transfer spending on a single player for the next 50 years.

If they expect their cake and eat it, the board must be right morons.  And Conte wouldn't want to remain and work with a bunch of morons.  I wish him all the best regardless of the decision he makes - he's a genuinely decent bloke and deserves an employer that matches his ambition and ability.

Edited by lchk

Doubt he walks after winning the league but let's be honest deep down we are all a bit sceptical of the board backing him with the type of signings he is looking for so he may be a bit unhappy, add in the fact that he was apparently slightly reprimanded about the way he dealt with costa he may not be as happy as Larry about the situation. 

Guest Sindre
45 minutes ago, bjd said:

This time last year we hadn't signed anyone either.

The panic is ridiculous.

And by almost every account Conte was not happy with last seasons transfer window either. He didn't actually get the players he really wanted and chased for a month or two during the summer. Like the likes of Nainggolan, Koulibaly, Morata and Manolas.

It worked out for the league campaign ovbiously but i am fairly sure Conte wasn't happy with it. And if things are going pearshaped and taking a similar turn this summer and i have no doubts in my mind he could walk. He's done it everywhere else he's been.

Bad news too make up too for sure. Really, really hope we can figure this out. Di Marzio is usually bang on with regards italians and italian football and so on though.

It`s not. I said it many times. The team need huge reinforcement if we want another good season like this one. We lack both qualities and depth.

Atleast 5 top notch players we need from the market. And even more, and we need to sell some of the player in the team.
I don`t get why would Roman backs Emanalo, when we have such poor season in 2015-2016. It wasn`t only Mourinho faults, but also Emanalo and the sh** transfer window we have.
Last year wasn`t much better. Conte wanted a lot of players, and board doesn`t give a s***. And did not bring most of the players, Conte wants.

You should do your job fast and early. So you won`t be in bidding war, as well as the player will have time to use with the country, club, coach, his tactics, formations and the rest of the players and of course to have a good pre-season.

This is also the best for the manager, so he will know with who and how many players will work. So he can work on strategies, formations, tactics and so on.

The Board for once need to back the manager or we will be in a huge huge trouble.

But it`s not a problem for City and United, right, and for Ac Milan for exmaple, who already get 5 new players.

How in the blue hell, City and United board backup their managers and give them a tons of new money, when they already spend plenty last year, and they still give them more and backed them, and Conte not get the backing from the board and the money and players he wants?

Thats outrageous.

There is reports that the board did not want to get Conte players. Lukaku and Bakayoko transfers are stalled, because the board, don`t want to pay the fee. They are lowblowing ....

They just want to bring the new Djidji and Papibidji and f*** another coach.

Why in the blue hell their expectation/demands are so high from the coach and he get sacked if he didn`t win the PL title, but they did not backup the manager and give him funds for players he wanted?

Emanalo need to go right away, he need to be sacked, before Conte get more pissed and leave us.

If Conte leave, that will be a huge step down.

Thomas Tuchel will be the next Andre-Villas Boas. We don`t need a coach, who doesn't learn from the mistakes he make and only look at the 1 side of the pitch and are terrible in the other(defence).

Sorry but Dortmund have good players and should atleast try to challenge Munich for the title, and he finished third, 18 points behind and every game he concede goals after goals, and did not correct the defence or could not do it.

That`s to me sounds like Brendan Rodgers and Villas Boas. Dortmund concede 40 goals, from 34 matches in the weak Bundesliga .... Did i need to mention how embarrass he was, when they lose from 3-1, to 3-4 against Liverpool.

He is a lot worst Pep version.

27 minutes ago, bjd said:

I'm not sure buying players is just as easy as some of you make it out to be. It's probably easy on Football Manager though :ohmy:

Completely Agree :laugh2: My Chelsea team had Aguero and Costa for Strikers by 2018...

but seriously I think this all talk from Italy to unsettle players and fans.... this never comes from the UK but always Italy where he's wanted..

Therefore I wouldn't read too much into this. Also we will make transfers at the right time... Full trust in Conte.

Conte wanted both Lukaku and Bakayoko and i think its safe to say they're both nailed on signings at this point. Strongly believe this is all just paper talk. No reason for Conte to get annoyed when the club are willing to spend 90M on Conte's first choice world class striker.

I really hope the board aren't making it difficult for Conte after his achieviements last season. He should be rewarded and backed 100%. 

I get that we need to be careful regarding transfer fees but we are turning into Arsenal and putting profit before matters on the pitch.