Chelsea Vs Man City (PL) Sat 30 Sep 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

2 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Why buy zappacosta if you don't use him? Why keep bats if you don't trust him. Stop making excuses. Pedro/Willian didn't play in the week and decided against using fresh legs

here's my answer 

1 minute ago, Londonisblue said:

I agree. But we need to use ALL our squad players to the fullest. I.e, put the top 11 in UCL and do a mandatory 5 player turnover for the PL!! we have the quality for that!! I don't think Zappacosta would have been battered today... it could have been interesting to see him play. Pedro should have started instead of Fab. As for Morata, providing he's not yet totally physically accustomed to PL physicality, it would have been good to rest him as his injury results from having played twice in 3 days!! Also, not playing with Moses or Zappacosta on the right did not help at all IMO. 

1 minute ago, BadBlue said:

Fatigue is really a pathetic excuse. We have been totally outplayed by a much better team today. Conte got his tactics wrong, he has to take the blame for this  awful defensive set-up and display.  Half of the team played so badly. 

By your decree we can't speculate why they played badly. Unfortunate.

1 minute ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Got to give pep some praise too , his work is really starting to show

He'll come short come January, United are the strongest, they can attack and defend, city can only do one but much better. 

Edited by Slojo

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Disagree except for Rudiger & Cahill, Cahill had a shocker in terms of passing but Rudiger still has some way to go, he really struggled today but wasn't an easy game for him by any means. 

It wasn't going to be an easy game with the way our midfield played. Our midfield and Willian was sloppy today. Especially when no one tracked De Bruyne's run.

Sane, Sterling and Jesus were denied goals today by our defence. Not the best display today that's for sure but they did an ok job overall.

We were sloppy and our setup was too deep

On another note, I never again want to see the pure defecation that is a striker-less formation. Honestly, what on earth did you expect?

An empty box and you expect to score goals?

Conte there at the end shouting at the players trying to urge them on.

Maybe if you'd started without being such a tactical wuss your players wouldn't have been feeding off scraps all game. Infuriating tactics from Conte.

1 minute ago, goldmase said:

If we use them I think the game ended 4 nil

I'm not really arguing the selection. I'm arguing that he was happy for his side to show zero attacking intent and sit off the best team in the league as if we were scared. 

And your point is guesswork. At least with Pedro and Zappa we would of had more energy. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

I can't decide who I hate more, City or United. I can't stand the arrogance of United but I also can't stand Guardialo

United by far because their fans are arrogant tossers to the worst degree.

We were second best all over the field today.

Christensen looks quality.

I think I’ve had it with Willian, just not good enough and I don’t think he ever has been. People will hark on about his POTY when we had a sh*t season but that was being the best of a bad bunch. Won it early in the season with a few free kicks and loads of running about. Couldn’t care if I never seen him in a Chelsea shirt again. Come on Jose, do us a favour and make an offer.

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

Christensen by far our best player today. And he'll get dropped next game because for some reason Conte doesn't want him to play anywhere except the middle and Captain Cahill has to play.

Cahill had a good game today, as did Christensen and Rudiger, personally thought we missed Luiz' passing range today

1 minute ago, Sun zhi said:

On another note, I never again want to see the pure defecation that is a striker-less formation. Honestly, what on earth did you expect?

An empty box and you expect to score goals?

Conte there at the end shouting at the players trying to urge them on.

Maybe if you'd started without being such a tactical wuss your players wouldn't have been feeding off scraps all game. Infuriating tactics from Conte.

Absolutely correct, and the amount of times in the last few years chelsea are left in this situation. We also need 1 more really good striker. We cant be in this situation and bats cant do it. Hes ok in spots but the rest of the time hes just having a jog about.

That was.. Listless and weak.
Who are we, some f**king lower league side trying to sit off and hope for something on the break ????
I'm spitting feathers, that is one of the most pathetic performances I've seen from us in a very long time. 
I'm ashamed of my team today, they allowed themselves to be totally dominated for 90mins AT THE HOME OF THE CHAMPIONS !!!