Chelsea Vs Man City (PL) Sat 30 Sep 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, zes said:

Willian is finished in my eyes. Pedro not quite there yet, but hasn't been convincing either. We need another quality attacking winger alongside Hazard and Morata. Terrible, we created nothing of note in this game. 

Pedro made a difference when we came on for me, so much energy and his runs in behind are a handful for defenders. I still think we should be paying big money for a Sanchez, Assensio etc. (Not saying these exact players, but players along those lines) to upgrade but Pedro can still have a role to play. Willian for me is finished. Flatters to deceive all to often.

2 minutes ago, zes said:

Willian is finished in my eyes. Pedro not quite there yet, but hasn't been convincing either. We need another quality attacking winger alongside Hazard and Morata. Terrible, we created nothing of note in this game. 

Musonda to be given a chanche?

9 minutes ago, Slojo said:

How were Conte's tactics bad exactly? What do you guys propose we do? Do we play with 2 in the middle against a City side we can barely even defend against with 3 in the middle? Have people even been watching City play this season, they're steamrolling teams, completely outplaying them. If we can't shut down their attack we have a tiny tiny tiny chance of winning. 

Are you having alaugh?

1 minute ago, Stim said:

Last year this was the case after we lost to Arsenal and Liverpool. Hope the players don't give up as quick.

You are a miserable old bar steward at times but one of the few that can keep a rational head on here, some of the comments are ridiculous, how is the league over in September. 

Second defeat at the Bridge this season, and third without a win. It's a poor start to the league season. Europe looks to be affecting us negatively because that is two below par performances after a European game. 

The positives, i think when our backs were against the wall, we still defended brilliantly at times. The negatives were that we were far too deep and gave City too much respect. They were good, but we made it so easy for them. If you are going to give the ball away in your own half time after time, then you are inevitably going to struggle, it looked like we didn't trust our own abilities today. The passing was terrible, especially from Willian. He has had a shocking start to the season.

I hate to say that but we deserved to lose today, awful performance by us and we're lucky to finish only 1-0. We invited them to attack us and here are the results, it's impossible to win in that way. It's just one game and I don't want to bury us, but over defensively is not a way to win a big match. 

Let's hope it's our last poor performance in the coming time, anyways let's not kill them, we should support them so keep the head up! COME ON CHELS!!

Most worrying thing about the game for me was Hazard looking so annoyed and frustrated. You could see how pleased he was after Atletico and how he said it was the first time since he's been here that we've played really well away against a top European side, then to be utterly dominated and have so little support from his teammates. We need 3 or 4 players of Hazard's quality really, he can't ebrelied upon to create something out of nothing by himself all the time.

Poor and tired performance and very poor judgement by Conte by selecting Azpi at RWB, surely Zappacosta could of done more against delph with his pace.

We gave them far too much respect and bringing on Willian was a joke, he needs a long spell out of the team.

Conte usually gets it right and no doubt we'll bounce back but very disheartening loss. 

One major plus has to be Christensen though, looks like a super star.

We didn't deserve to win and City did. Pretty simple. To have De Bruyne win it grates further. 

The hangover from Madrid was too much and today was where we saw our lack of squad depth and Conte's concerns in the summer realised. We had little energy to deal with City's press particularly in midfield. The lack of depth was highlighted further when Morata went off. It might have seemed odd that Willian replaced him but we all saw why when Batshuayi finally came on. Damn he can score a goal. But sadly his cupboard looks a little bare beyond that. I really hope Morata is okay or we're in trouble.

International break to lick our wounds and find another way. The advantage our tactics gave us last year has been made up by the rest and Conte is going to have to evolve us again to go back to back.

Edited by Spiller86

One of our worst performances for a long time. We were all over the place and our passing was atrocious. Once Morata went off, so did our shape and any chance of winning the game. Conte obviously didn’t trust Bats to come on but Willian seems to be going backward in his performances at an alarming rate. Only hilight was Christensen who is really showing he is a terrific talent.

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

The fact that we setup so defensively. Showed so much respect and don't once try and press them high up the field. As Ferdinand just said playing 3 at the back is a mistake (up against Jesus) because your a man down everywhere else already. So many errors. Don't defend the indefensible. If we have it a good go and still got beaten by the better team you'd have a point. But conte set the precedent from minute one and didn't make the right substitutions/tactical changes to make any sort of difference 

How is playing 3 at the back showing City respect... That doesn't agree with the point you're making. 

What Simeone did to Atleti Wednesday, Conte did it to us today. I mean... Willian was a joke. A f**king joke. like a very sympatic guy from Arsenal fan tv loves to say. But forget about Willian. No forward? False 9? Still long balls? Not even trying to play football. So scared that even in 90+ we defend with the same line, like we are 1-0 ahead not City? It was a damn joke. We were scared and I dont understand why. I really dont. This is the same ugly team, that's not better than what it was last year. But we didnt even try. Conte is not happy with his squad, you dont have to be Hawkeye to see this, and this dissatisfaction reflects on his tactics. 

Not faulting the players. 

Conte with his cowardly tactics there gave City an easy game.

Barely any meaningful shots or attacks in 90 minutes.

Even before Morata went off, City were the most likely to score. If Aguero was on, this would have been 3 or 4.

Just waiting for the inevitable. Go a goal down before having some balls to do something positive.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Azpi at WB has and will never work. Especially when we also have slow Alonso on the other side.
Wingbacks need to be able to peg our oppositions backs/wingbacks with pace and an offensive threat, he never will.

We could have had Sandro/Alaba at LWB & Alves/Carvajal at RWB and it would have made no difference IMO. The centre of the park were gifting the ball to city time and time again, just a woeful performance from back to front.

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

The fact that we setup so defensively. Showed so much respect and don't once try and press them high up the field. As Ferdinand just said playing 3 at the back is a mistake (up against Jesus) because your a man down everywhere else already. So many errors. Don't defend the indefensible. If we have it a good go and still got beaten by the better team you'd have a point. But conte set the precedent from minute one and didn't make the right substitutions/tactical changes to make any sort of difference 

exactly. how could you expect to score and to win if you don't go out and attack. today's gameplan feels like we hoof it forward and hope Morata/Hazard/Willian do some magic on their own