Broadcast Bias

TomCFC85

I'm sure this is a topic that's already been done to death.
But seriously?
We're the reigning champions and we've had only 1 of our first 4 games broadcast.
Meanwhile
Arsenal have had 3/4
Liverpool have had 3/4
Man United have had 4/4
Man City have had 4/4
And, yes I know I can just illegally stream it (but I don't because I'm a law abiding citizen and would never, ever do such a thing...ever) but sometimes I just want to sit in the living room and enjoy a game. 

3 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

I'm sure this is a topic that's already been done to death.
But seriously?
We're the reigning champions and we've had only 1 of our first 4 games broadcast.
Meanwhile
Arsenal have had 3/4
Liverpool have had 3/4
Man United have had 4/4
Man City have had 4/4
And, yes I know I can just illegally stream it (but I don't because I'm a law abiding citizen and would never, ever do such a thing...ever) but sometimes I just want to sit in the living room and enjoy a game. 

That is Hilarious

the media bias knows no bounds, if united, city, spurs or the scouse had of won the title last season, they would still be going on about how great the respective managers and teams were, i think even if arsenal had of won they would be lauding how wenger came back and proved every body wrong. Chelsea Fc = unpopular champions

Honestly is f**king amazing to me, not only only champions more of a following that any of those teams bar Man Utd, and 1 out of 4 games.

It's not only a disrespect to our achievement but to me clear that Chelsea is just not a media friendly club, and they are determined to keep it that way for whatever reason, I mean we have "theories" but the proof is in the numbers on this one.

Can anyone offer a logical reason why this has happened when Chelsea has the second most fans out of all those clubs mentioned? 

Maybe we have less UK based fans than those other clubs? 

I think it's a reflection of how our games have panned out this season. Our early matches against Burnley, Everton and Leicester probably weren't seen as 'sexy' enough for TV. From our next 15 matches (after Leicester) in all competitions I see 11 are televised - which is a pretty good number.

I think it's a reflection of how our games have panned out this season. Our early matches against Burnley, Everton and Leicester probably weren't seen as 'sexy' enough for TV. From our next 15 matches (after Leicester) in all competitions I see 11 are televised - which is a pretty good number.

Yeah, this thread is pretty stupid really.

2 hours ago, fitz said:

I'm sure United's heavily important match against Swansea deserved to be broadcast and City's against Bournemouth too.
Sexy football indeed.

It's also the principle.
We're the CHAMPIONS.
Don't you think people will be interested to see how the reining winners handle their first few games?
Will their team still be as robust? Will their new signings change their dynamic? Will other teams have figured them out?
I'd say the same if Liverpool or City won the league. 

On 9/8/2017 at 18:01, fitz said:

And Stoke v Manure is sexy?

On 08/09/2017 at 18:01, fitz said:

The champions SHOULD be on TV first game of the season.

Spurs vs Chelsea was always going to be on Sky.

Chelsea vs Everton is another game that's usually on Sky but instead they chose Stoke vs West Brom.

Leicester vs Chelsea SHOULD be on Sky/BT. The last three title winners yet a 3pm kick off? Bizarre.

However, I will agree it will even out.

9 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

The champions SHOULD be on TV first game of the season.

Spurs vs Chelsea was always going to be on Sky.

Chelsea vs Everton is another game that's usually on Sky but instead they chose Stoke vs West Brom.

Leicester vs Chelsea SHOULD be on Sky/BT. The last three title winners yet a 3pm kick off? Bizarre.

However, I will agree it will even out.

I'm just trying to guess the thought-process of the TV schedulers. Someone needs to email SKY and BT and ask how they allocate matches if they want an answer.

Last season Liverpool had 29 PL games shown, Chelsea, Man U and City had 28 and Spurs 25. 

Archived