Next Chelsea Manager

xXRuufioXx
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

24 minutes ago, coco said:

Think of Sarri as a manager who will lift the club off the rails and place us on another set of rails heading in a different direction. Most of us are prepared to be patient whilst this happens, and look forward to seeing the green shoots of our new era as we progress. We have been serial winners for almost one and a half decades, 2-3 years of bare cabinets is a small price to pay in the big picture.

That's all well and good, but are the club patient enough to stick with him when the going gets tough?

Our board has never been willing to stick it out with a manager through difficult times and there's no evidence to suggest it will be any different this time. Happy to be proven wrong, but the past isn't a great indicator of the club having a long-term strategy.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Feels like one of the biggest managerial gambles of the Roman era. 

Sacked a proven serial winner and look set to hire a guy who hasn't won anything, has only 4 years experience of managing in top flight football, not managed outside of Italy and appears to be being hired predominantly to implement his "brand" of football on the club. 

Last time we did that we hired AVB. 

I'm hopeful but cautious with my expectations.  

This is the sentiment I have as well.

Can't say I'm overly excited at the moment, but happy to reserve judgment on what Sarri produces if he is indeed the next manager of this club.

1 minute ago, Jezz said:

That's all well and good, but are the club patient enough to stick with him when the going gets tough?

Our board has never been willing to stick it out with a manager through difficult times and there's no evidence to suggest it will be any different this time. Happy to be proven wrong, but the past isn't a great indicator of the club having a long-term strategy.

I can understand that fully and you could be correct. But all i'm saying is we should be excited about our future because we will be trying something fresh, it feels almost revolutionary. If you have watched Napoli play and seen how Sarriball can look, you can't help but get excited. So lets just GET EXCITED.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Feels like one of the biggest managerial gambles of the Roman era. 

Last time we did that we hired AVB. 

Completley different analogy with the age gap.

Sarri is a gamble, but we have to catch up with citeh. Remember our games against them last season, embarrasing to say the least. We need to have a new style of play that can compete with them. May take several transfer windows, but at least were having a go at it and not going backwards.

Just now, Raff_Sarrista said:

No moaning, Sarri needs some time to play like he wants, almost a month is not enough.

Seriously my fellow, the charity shield is just a curtain opener friendly, we could get embarrassed and thumped, but it would mean absolutely ZERO.

I don't have a problem with his lack of trophies.  Actually I find his pathway to the top of management from amateur level a success all on it's own, and while sticking to beautiful football too.  An achievement greater than the odd trophy won with a team that should be winning them regardless of who's in charge.  How many managers have moved so high up the managerial ladder in such a short period of time?  Klopp, Pep, Pochettino etc all got their first management role for established teams in the top divisions without questioning their trophy collection.  Maybe the drive to win his first trophy will be a great motivation for him.

2 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

I don't have a problem with his lack of trophies.  Actually I find his pathway to the top of management from amateur level a success all on it's own, and while sticking to beautiful football too.  An achievement greater than the odd trophy won with a team that should be winning them regardless of who's in charge.  How many managers have moved so high up the managerial ladder in such a short period of time?  Klopp, Pep, Pochettino etc all got their first management role for established teams in the top divisions without questioning their trophy collection.  Maybe the drive to win his first trophy will be a great motivation for him.

It's almost Graham Taylor-esque :koo-koo:

36 minutes ago, coco said:

Completley different analogy with the age gap.

Sarri is a gamble, but we have to catch up with citeh. Remember our games against them last season, embarrasing to say the least. We need to have a new style of play that can compete with them. May take several transfer windows, but at least were having a go at it and not going backwards.

Not sure it is that different personally, especially regarding experience. 

AVB's brief appeared to be to overhaul the squad and improve the playing style, moving towards a more attack minded style.

Sarri, on the face of it is being bought in because of the quality of football he produced with Napoli. There were other, more successful managers available this summer but we've opted for style over substance. 

It's all well and good the club wanting to emulate City's style but they've been unwavering in their financial backing of Pep and not making club buys, backing his vision for the team. There's a discord between our player recruitment and the manager's wishes historically so we'll just have to wait and see how Sarri fairs.  

Edited by ForeverCarefree

37 minutes ago, coco said:

beautiful football    ??

You leave poor old Graham alone. john Barnes, Luther Blissett, Kenny Jackett. It was revolutionary stuff I tell you. Well kind of. And he did get them up the divisions and into the cup final. It even turned Elton John...for a while.

Of course this was long before old turnip head and "Do I not like Orange"

40 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Not sure it is that different personally, especially regarding experience. .  

AVB had no hope of controlling big names, no chance. Sarri is the Diego Costa of the managerial World, something i thought you may appreciate mate.

I do find Sarri’s journey interesting and the fact that he has made his way to the top should be an amazing feat on its own. Not managers start at the bottom and work their way to the top. 

42 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's all well and good the club wanting to emulate City's style 

I never said emulate, just compete, Pep likes slow build up using the width of the pitch, Sarri likes fast quick forward play, the two are headed for a confrontation, last time Pep won over Napoli, but it was exciting to watch, did you see those games ?