Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

37 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Maurizio Sarri has delivered an ultimatum to De Laurentiis. If he is not freed by Napoli to Chelsea - by tonight, he will remain under contract for the next 2 years and intends to take his full salary during  this period. #CFC #Napoli (Mediaset)

What?!!!

That doesn't seem much of a threat, Sarri earns a handful of peanuts a year.  Sue Napoli for the loss of a three year contract with Chelsea worth 18mil, that would be different.

For what it's worth, I don't even expect Sarri to win a trophy within the next two seasons and if he does, then that's a bonus imo. I do hope though that he'll lay the groundwork at least for a new direction for us as far as playing style and philosophy. We need to be done with the Jose philosophy once and for all. Bit like Van Gaal at Bayern. Didn't reap the fruits of his labour but laid the groundwork for Juup Hynckes, Pep and every manager after him to excel with the team he built. 

Having said that, I know the board won't give him more than 1 season of flexibility so I hope he wins something soon. Either way, exciting times ahead. We're behind schedule by at least a week but the important thing is, we've gotten Sarri.

1 minute ago, taffyblue said:

Sarri has been rumoured for ages.   I do feel that the club have treated Conte with such contempt.  He should have been put on gardening leave rather than take training. The players know he was going so cant be good for moral there etc.

I don't think the club made him take training. I think he wanted to cover all bases to make sure we wouldn't have any legal reason to deny him his full payment. He has practically been begging to be sacked since at least February. But he was never gonna leave without everything he was owed.

Just now, Barrettinator said:

I don't think the club made him take training. I think he wanted to cover all bases to make sure we wouldn't have any legal reason to deny him his full payment. He has practically been begging to be sacked since at least February. But he was never gonna leave without everything he was owed.

Fair point and common sense on his part .

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I personally think Chelsea fc has treated Conte with absolute contempt and disrespect, surely they must be bothered about how they are perceived, and how they conduct their business, left a sour taste in proper cfc fans mouths........i hope!

The individual did not have the best 9 month season with us. We wish him well either way.

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I personally think Chelsea fc has treated Conte with absolute contempt and disrespect, surely they must be bothered about how they are perceived, and how they conduct their business, left a sour taste in proper cfc fans mouths........i hope!

He treat the board and club with equal contempt though, and the players were harshly treat also by him. He played a big part in this divorce. 

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

He treat the board and club with equal contempt though, and the players were harshly treat also by him. He played a big part in this divorce. 

Yes, the moping around the second half of the season, saying he is doing the best with the players he has, was ridiculous. Saying that after nearly EVERY MATCH was like nails on a chalk board.

As someone else pointed out, he was trying to get sacked from about mid-January on. He showed a complete lack of interest in some matches making the oddest substitutions at odd points in matches or waiting until the 85th minute to make a change when a change was clearly needed 25 minutes before. He just didn't seem like he cared and didn't want to try anymore, which is sad because he is obviously a great, great manager; especially when he applies himself to the job at hand.