56 minutes ago, Sindre said:

The precious little f**kers that have won the following between them:

24 League titles
12 FA Cup Medals
4 UEFA Cup Medals
8 European Cup Medals
3 World Cup Medals
1 European Championship Medal

Versus the manager who's won nothing at all during his career and has openly said he isn't able to motivate this squad of serial-winners that we do have. I wonder were the main problem may lie in this case.

The whole point is that the players clearly aren't "serial winners." If they were, would they perform like this? Would Ballack, Lampard, Terry and Drogba have needed their manager to motivate them every day? The playing staff have no character unfortunately. This is why in my opinion we can't consistently perform to a level that would get us into the top 4. Although saying that I also have problems with Sarri. I just don't want the problem painted as one or the other. 

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

The precious little f**kers that have won the following between them:

24 League titles
12 FA Cup Medals
4 UEFA Cup Medals
8 European Cup Medals
3 World Cup Medals
1 European Championship Medal

Versus the manager who's won nothing at all during his career and has openly said he isn't able to motivate this squad of serial-winners that we do have. I wonder were the main problem may lie in this case.

Yeah, these lot definitely look like serial winners the last few years eh....

12 minutes ago, DidierDidier said:

Would Ballack, Lampard, Terry and Drogba have needed their manager to motivate them every day?

Depends how you look at it. That bunch could manage themselves but if they were managed by a underperforming manager(Scolari, Villas Boas) who they didn't believe in they didn't perform either.

Under Villas Boas for example, they didn't perform but did that eliminate the fact that they were serial-winners? Certainly not, and as soon as Villas Boas left it was clear that the manager was the problem and not the players that couldn't perform under him.

Edited by Sindre

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, these lot definitely look like serial winners the last few years eh....

Most of them won the league a year and a half ago mate, that's not exactly a long time ago.
And the FA-cup around 8 months ago.

Edited by Sindre

Emery's Arsenal are in pretty much the exact same position as us, but no-one is talking about sacking him. 

We created this high pressure environment for managers, this culture of "player power", and it's not going to change unless we choose to change it. 

The scenario will be exactly the same for the next guy. Whoever that is. We're dumping girlfriends the first time we see a wrinkle, or grey hair, and wondering why we don't have long term relationships.

And no manager who genuinely wants a long term project would touch us with a barge pole, because everyone looking at us knows we're not a long term project. We're a whirlwind romance, but one that could get you a few trophies on a CV and a big payoff when it ends. And that's what managers want from us. 

The thing is, I don't think we want to change it. I think we do very well out of what we do, and we use that to justify it. But don't expect things like "this manager is the one it will be different for, we'll give him time, he'll overhaul the squad, and integrate the youth". It's not going to happen.  

4 months ago an opposing manager posed a question to Sarri regarding his system, it was a simple question by a manager widely regarded as failing in his current position, that manager was Marco Silva. At this point so far Sarri hasn’t been able to adequately answer that question! 

Instead he has continually deflected the question, the players can’t be motivated, Hazard is too individualistic, these players can’t be taught, I need better players!

Just so you all know, anyone of us on here could have answered that question with a slight tweak of system & personnel.

And that’s why he’ll get sacked & rightly so.

I think many of us only turned against him when he started acting like a sulking teenager, slagging off the board every 5 minutes and standing on the touchline with a face like a slapped arse. If he'd continued to show the same passion in the second season as he did in the first, I think we'd all have stuck behind him, and players be damned.
Trust me, I have come across many people who dislike Conte simply because of the way he treated Costa. Whereas, Conte did the right thing by letting Costa go. I don't understand why we should keep a player who isn't committed to the team.

Emery's Arsenal are in pretty much the exact same position as us, but no-one is talking about sacking him. 
We created this high pressure environment for managers, this culture of "player power", and it's not going to change unless we choose to change it. 
The scenario will be exactly the same for the next guy. Whoever that is. We're dumping girlfriends the first time we see a wrinkle, or grey hair, and wondering why we don't have long term relationships.
And no manager who genuinely wants a long term project would touch us with a barge pole, because everyone looking at us knows we're not a long term project. We're a whirlwind romance, but one that could get you a few trophies on a CV and a big payoff when it ends. And that's what managers want from us. 
The thing is, I don't think we want to change it. I think we do very well out of what we do, and we use that to justify it. But don't expect things like "this manager is the one it will be different for, we'll give him time, he'll overhaul the squad, and integrate the youth". It's not going to happen.  
Nobody can talk about sacking Emery because he is much more intelligent than Sarri. And I will take Emery over Sarri any day, apart from the Europa league, i have watched every single Arsenal match this season. Emery have played with different formations this season all because he wants to try and get the best out of an average team that is weak defensively. He has played 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and Sarri's usual 4-3-3. Against Man City recently, he played the 3-5-2 formation because he knows his team isn't defensively solid, and because he knows how good City attack can be and for the most part of that game he was able to neutralize city's attacking threat but was left down by Aubameyang and Iwobi's woeful display in the attack. Go back and watch a replay of that game and imaging what the result would have been if Arsenal simply had someone like Hazard to pair with Lacazette. The result would have been different.
But Sarri on the other hand knows the limitation of our team, instead of him to adapt to a different formation that will suit the players and bring the best out of them, he is doing the opposite by trying to force his system of play on the players! Its just a matter of time before he lost the dressing room.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Depends how you look at it. That bunch could manage themselves but if they were managed by a underperforming manager(Scolari, Villas Boas) who they didn't believe in they didn't perform either.

Under Villas Boas for example, they didn't perform but did that eliminate the fact that they were serial-winners? Certainly not, and as soon as Villas Boas left it was clear that the manager was the problem and not the players that couldn't perform under him.

What does this phrase "serial winners" actually mean today, what bearing does it have on us getting results in the present moment. Absolutely none, You're a winner if you won your last match, our players lost their last game 6-0. Where are the leaders in the dressing room?  these "serial winners" were seen swapping shirts with city players after the worst result we've had since 1991. It's not all Sarri's fault. He bears responsibility as well but this squad lacks any strength of character. 

Is it not glaringly obvious that players like Azpilicueta (who isn't a captain by the way), Alonso, Kovacic, Pedro and Willian, these "winners" have been shockingly poor? 

50 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Nobody can talk about sacking Emery because he is much more intelligent than Sarri. And I will take Emery over Sarri any day, apart from the Europa league, i have watched every single Arsenal match this season. Emery have played with different formations this season all because he wants to try and get the best out of an average team that is weak defensively. He has played 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and Sarri's usual 4-3-3. Against Man City recently, he played the 3-5-2 formation because he knows his team isn't defensively solid, and because he knows how good City attack can be and for the most part of that game he was able to neutralize city's attacking threat but was left down by Aubameyang and Iwobi's woeful display in the attack. Go back and watch a replay of that game and imaging what the result would have been if Arsenal simply had someone like Hazard to pair with Lacazette. The result would have been different.
But Sarri on the other hand knows the limitation of our team, instead of him to adapt to a different formation that will suit the players and bring the best out of them, he is doing the opposite by trying to force his system of play on the players! Its just a matter of time before he lost the dressing room.

And yet they still have the same amount of points as us, woopeedoo!. If Sarri kept changing the formation every game, defenders etc people would be criticising him for that too saying he doesn't know his best team, etc.

19 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

I think for Sarri it’s all over, merely a matter of time before he’s fired.

When the major headline everyday is about the manager then it’s inevitable that he’s going to go.

People will say the players have done it again, but I think his stubborn nature & unwillingness to flex have been his downfall.

But we have a cup final this month!, if we win that things can change. 

16 minutes ago, DidierDidier said:

What does this phrase "serial winners" actually mean today, what bearing does it have on us getting results in the present moment. Absolutely none, You're a winner if you won your last match, our players lost their last game 6-0. Where are the leaders in the dressing room?  these "serial winners" were seen swapping shirts with city players after the worst result we've had since 1991. It's not all Sarri's fault. He bears responsibility as well but this squad lacks any strength of character. 

Is it not glaringly obvious that players like Azpilicueta (who isn't a captain by the way), Alonso, Kovacic, Pedro and Willian, these "winners" have been shockingly poor? 

And when everything is said and done it's the job of the manager to get the best out of his players. Yes it is glaringly obvious that several players have been shockingly poor this season but most of them have proved that they are class players if you use them correctly and Sarri has completely failed to do so.

And what i mean by serial-winners is that we have a squad full of players capable of winning titles. So clearly they aren't "impossible to motivate" as we have heard as an bullsh*t excuse from our manager.

Edited by Sindre

20 minutes ago, Sindre said:

And when everything is said and done it's the job of the manager to get the best out of his players. Yes it is glaringly obvious that several players have been shockingly poor this season but most of them have proved that they are class players if you use them correctly and Sarri has completely failed to do so.

And what i mean by serial-winners is that we have a squad full of players capable of winning titles. So clearly they aren't "impossible to motivate" as we have heard as an bullsh*t excuse from our manager.

Yes, when they feel like it.

I have yet to hear a reason why our players do not close down the opponent when we lose the ball, like Man City, Liverpool, or Spurs to name but a few. Many of our players are not doing as instructed.

10 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Yes, when they feel like it.

I have yet to hear a reason why our players do not close down the opponent when we lose the ball, like Man City, Liverpool, or Spurs to name but a few. Many of our players are not doing as instructed.

And who's job is it to get the players up for it? Or should everyone just scrap this whole idea of having a manager since many clearly seem to think its all down to wheter the players "feel like it or not"?

If the players don't believe in the ways of the manager you get sh*t results. That's how football works in real life.

Edited by Sindre

25 minutes ago, Sindre said:

And who's job is it to get the players up for it? Or should everyone just scrap this whole idea of having a manager since many clearly seem to think its all down to wheter the players "feel like it or not"?

If the players don't believe in the ways of the manager you get sh*t results. That's how football works in real life.

What a load of old tosh.

Closing down when you lose the ball is basics, it should NOT need MOTIVATION, ffs they are being paid a kings ransom. If a player does not want to do something you can't make them do it, they have to be prepared to do it from within. It's called passion for the game. You learn that when you actually have played the game.

Players are paid to follow instructions from the manager.

And finally if you believe that players need the motivation from the manager to be up for it for games against Tottenham, Arsenal or Man City, then I am sorry but you are clearly blinded.

Edited by Osgood is Good

1 minute ago, Osgood is Good said:

What a load of all tosh.

Closing down when you lose the ball is basics, it should NOT need MOTIVATION, ffs they are being paid a kings ransom. If a player does not want to do something you can't make them do it, they have to be prepared to do it from within. It's called passion for the game. You learn that when you actually have played the game.

And finally if you believe that players need the motivation from the manager to be up for it for games against Tottenham, Arsenal or Man City, then I am sorry but you a clearly blinded.

Some fans just reply for the sake of replying without replying with any sense, any player who doesn't know what it means to play against the top 5 teams in the country shouldn't be playing for Chelsea. Playings against Spurs and Arsenal should be day one basics for any new signing, getting motivation for this game should be natural if its not they can let the door hit them on the way out

14 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

e players don't believe in the way of the manager or the club then they shouldn't be picking up their wages and can find somewhere else to be precious.

Yeah shame we didn't hand JT, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ashley Cole their P45 when they stopped believing in the ways of Villas Boas. Or were we better off getting rid of the manager instead?

Edited by Sindre

10 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

What a load of old tosh.

Players are paid to follow instructions from the manager.

And finally if you believe that players need the motivation from the manager to be up for it for games against Tottenham, Arsenal or Man City, then I am sorry but you are clearly blinded.

What a terribly simplistic view on how to manage a football team.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yeah shame we didn't hand JT, Terry, Lampard, Ashley Cole their P45 when they stopped believing in the ways of Villas Boas. Or were we better off getting rid of the manager instead?

Difference is they didn't bottle in against the top teams they knew when it came to the big games whether they liked the manager or not you play for the fans