Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Sky Sports News has been told several players have issues with the Italian's tactical approach, the majority still have faith in him and his methods. The relationship between the squad and Sarri is nowhere near as bad as it became under Antonio Conte last season. #CFC
Wow! There is only one way to find out if its true, The Carabao cup Final!

3 minutes ago, wallosh said:
21 hours ago, Nibs said:
Exactly.
Chelsea "Heavyweights"!! What f**king heavyweights?!!

Conte was actually trying to get rid of any player that considered himself too big for the team. But most fans turned against Conte himself as a result so am not surprised.

I turned against Conte when he didnt sign a contract extension. 

But the structure of the club is out of sync. No manager who comes in next will be successful with this squad in my opinion. This is my issue with the club. There's talk of Zidane possibly being a replacement. It doesn't make sense. I don't see what Zidane would do because Real Madrid have far superior players to us. We don't have any genuine match winners barring Hazard. 
Bringing Zidane will be a big mistake! If that happens, I will finally give up on our board.

QChelsea are ready to turn to French great Zinedine Zidane to make them a European superpower again. (Sun) #CFC
There is growing support amongst the top brass at Chelsea for Zidane and talks have advanced this week over when they should make their move. (Sun) #CFC
A move for the legendary French player Zidane, who won the World Cup with Les Bleus, would be encouragement for Hazard to sign a new deal. (Sun
[emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] this is scary!

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

“David Luiz is probably the most vocal of Chelsea’s players who regularly start under Sarri, but the Brazilian is not universally popular within the squad and is often accused of blaming others for his own mistakes”

“Some of Chelsea’s successful former stars were staggered to see pictures from the Etihad Stadium tunnel of players chatting to and swapping shirts with Manchester City players just minutes after their mauling” 

- Matt Law

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

Sarri feels that Chelsea must either back him or sack him, as he is incapable of obtaining the necessary improvement from the players at his disposal. #CFC (Times)

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

QChelsea are ready to turn to French great Zinedine Zidane to make them a European superpower again. (Sun) #CFC

There is growing support amongst the top brass at Chelsea for Zidane and talks have advanced this week over when they should make their move. (Sun) #CFC

A move for the legendary French player Zidane, who won the World Cup with Les Bleus, would be encouragement for Hazard to sign a new deal. (Sun

FFS, do you just spend your time trawling the internet for any and every negative thing you can find about our club?  It's getting f**king wearing now.  You rarely ever seem to  post anything else but snide quotes from sh*t-hole sources of bollocks, places like The Sun, FFS, or Matt Law, or The Mail.

Edited by yorkleyblue

I reckon if we fail to beat one of the Manchester team if the next 10 days, we will see a change of manger. We need to salvage something from the rest of the season, this slump can't go on.
Am very very certain of a win against United but for the Carabao cup final, am not because we are so predictable right now and Pep knows what to expect from us in the final but City are unpredictable, Pep might still make some unexpected twist in his team for the final while Sarri will be expecting the same City that defeated us 6:0.

A guy who has won it all as a player and a manager. Would instantly command respect.
Would be a massive yes from me
Trust me, Zidane is still inexperience as a manager, I don't read too much into those Consecutive champions league he won for Madrid as a manager.
If we are going for a new manager, it should be someone who knows this league well, someone who trust the youth and can get the best out of an average team because the board won't always spend 100m to improve the team every summer.

6 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

I think if Sarri is to prove his worth over the next month or two, he needs to go back to basics. Understand the situation that he is in, and put aside his "artistic pride" temporarily. He needs to understand that:

1) Player morale and motivation is at an all time low

2) We have zero defensive confidence. No matter how many men we have at the back, every opponent attack looks like we might concede. (Take a look at the Man City goals, I think we had at least 6 men in the box for 4 of them)

3) The players he currently has, either cannot play his system, or don't have enough confidence in his system to play it

Now is not the time to continue on with Sarriball. If this was a battleship, what's the point of rearranging your weapons configurations, when your hull is full of holes and leaking? 

Let's patch up the holes first, and prove that we're capable of keeping a few clean sheets again. Let's stay compact, minimize the space between the lines, and remember what it's like to play an organized, focused defense. Root out the mistakes and instill some confidence and fighting mentality again in this squad.  Don't forget. We still have THE BEST ball winner in modern football (Kante). We have a Top 5 PL CB in Rudiger. We have a Top 5 defensive full back in Azpi (albeit woefully out of form). If we're playing defensive, we have a fighter and leader in Cahill. Christensen is looking to prove himself again. Amapdu is hungry and up for a battle. 

On the attacking side of the ball, we still have one of the best attackers in the word in Hazard. We have Higuain who can still finish. We have an exciting young prospect who has pace, can dribble and is hungry.  Give them space on the counter-attack, and we can still score. If Ranieri could do it with Kante, Mahrez and Vardy at Leceister, I'm sure Sarri could manage 1/2 a season of hard-nosed counterattacking football with this lot? Or maybe even just a 1/4 season to get some of our belief back?

If Sarri really does want Sarriball to succeed in the PL, he needs to understand that it might have to wait till next season. Now...it's about survival. His survival, and Chelsea's survival (of a top 4 finish). We've taken a few broadsides consecutively and facing a crew mutiny. But we CAN still come out of this and we're not out of the race yet.

C'mon Sarri! Now's not the time to go down with the ship. You're stuck with this crew till the end of the season. They may not be your idea of perfect, but they still have qualities. REACT to the situation and MANAGE THROUGH!

The problem with this is that we played defensive/counter attacking football last season and only finished 5th. We've proven against City (at home), Liverpool in the Carabao, and Spurs over the 2 legs in the Carabao that when the players perform Sarri's tactics can be great. Improvements will take time and there will be hiccups along the way, but we need to persist if we're serious about changing our playing style. The main issue for me has been continuing with out of form players. I'd have liked to have seen a little more rotation in the League with the likes of CHO, Christensen and Emerson given more chances. It also hasn't helped that we've had 2 really out of form strikers playing for us this season.

I also don't believe that our confidence is at an all-time low.  Every interview I've seen with our players this season has been positive. Positive about the training, the attacking philosophy, having more touches of the ball. They seem to be enjoying playing a more attacking/possession based brand of football.

Edited by DannyVblue

58 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

FFS, do you just spend your time trawling the internet for any and every negative thing you can find about our club?  It's getting f**king wearing now.  You rarely ever seem to  post anything else but snide quotes from sh*t-hole sources of bollocks, places like The Sun, FFS, or Matt Law, or The Mail.

Easy Yorkley. I’m only repeating what the rumours/media are saying. Take or leave them as you want. 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Trust me, Zidane is still inexperience as a manager, I don't read too much into those Consecutive champions league he won for Madrid as a manager.
If we are going for a new manager, it should be someone who knows this league well, someone who trust the youth and can get the best out of an average team because the board won't always spend 100m to improve the team every summer.

So Eddie Howe? I literally cannot think of any other manager who fits that bill. 

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Did the same to the last two managers. There's a cancer in that dressing room.

We should tell them to just f**k off then, bunch of pricks. As soon as things arent perfect for them then they throw around the "do what we want or I`ll leave" bullsh*t. 

So Eddie Howe? I literally cannot think of any other manager who fits that bill. 
Well, I will take him over Sarri and Zidane.
It's not about what you have achieved in a different league for me, it's more about having a good knowledge of the EPL, knowing how unsupportive our board can be, and the willingness to work with what you have which include the youngsters and some of our players on loan.

37 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Easy Yorkley. I’m only repeating what the rumours/media are saying. Take or leave them as you want. 

Talk about shooting the messenger huh? 

I appreciate you sharing what media outlets are saying, helps gauge the mood and view of the club. 

You keep doing your thing! 

40 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Ok,  so find some positive ones as well, for just a tiny little bit of balance,  eh?

3 hours ago, wallosh said:
On 12/02/2019 at 14:35, Nibs said:
Exactly.
Chelsea "Heavyweights"!! What f**king heavyweights?!!

Conte was actually trying to get rid of any player that considered himself too big for the team. But most fans turned against Conte himself as a result so am not surprised.

I think many of us only turned against him when he started acting like a sulking teenager, slagging off the board every 5 minutes and standing on the touchline with a face like a slapped arse. If he'd continued to show the same passion in the second season as he did in the first, I think we'd all have stuck behind him, and players be damned.

42 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I think many of us only turned against him when he started acting like a sulking teenager, slagging off the board every 5 minutes and standing on the touchline with a face like a slapped arse. If he'd continued to show the same passion in the second season as he did in the first, I think we'd all have stuck behind him, and players be damned.

Difficult to continue to show passion in ANY job when you feel your bosses have royaly f**ked you over.

This club has the habit of draining all enthusiasm out of it's employees.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Talk about shooting the messenger huh? 

I appreciate you sharing what media outlets are saying, helps gauge the mood and view of the club. 

You keep doing your thing! 

Cheers FC! 

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Ok,  so find some positive ones as well, for just a tiny little bit of balance,  eh?

Do you think I am a journalist? If you want positive news, then find it yourself. 

And in fact - I did post about how the club are rumoured to keeping faith with Sarri. 

I think for Sarri it’s all over, merely a matter of time before he’s fired.

When the major headline everyday is about the manager then it’s inevitable that he’s going to go.

People will say the players have done it again, but I think his stubborn nature & unwillingness to flex have been his downfall.

22 hours ago, dkw said:

until he upsets one of the precious little f**kers and they then turn the dressing room against him too.

The precious little f**kers that have won the following between them:

24 League titles
12 FA Cup Medals
4 UEFA Cup Medals
8 European Cup Medals
3 World Cup Medals
1 European Championship Medal

Versus the manager who's won nothing at all during his career and has openly said he isn't able to motivate this squad of serial-winners that we do have. I wonder were the main problem may lie in this case.