Sign in to follow this  
ForeverCarefree

Didier Drogba - Happy Retirement To The King

6 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Eh, let's not go too far mate.

Kane is unquestionably a far superior player than prime Drogba ever was..

If anything, it makes more sense to compare him with T. Henry & Shearer whom are the best strikers ever in Premier League.

You must be a s***s supporter to be that deluded about Kane

8 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

If anything, it makes more sense to compare him with T. Henry & Shearer whom are the best strikers ever in Premier League.

I don't see how you could've come to that conclusion if you had watched Drogba's career for us. 

Kane is a better goal scorer, but prime Drogba is better in every other aspect. Strength, touch, vision, passing, dribbling, determination, leadership. 

16 hours ago, Argo said:

Lukaku is a totally different player, he's closer to Torres than Drogba style wise.

If any current striker was comparable to DD style wise it would unfortunately be Kane (few steps behind quality wise though).

Nahh cant agree here mate.....I see very little similarities between Luka and Torres style wise imo.

15 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Dear oh dear. Kane is no where close to the Drog in ANY aspect. He’s mentally weak, won f**k all and has no ambition. His choice of club proves that. 

15 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

giphy.gif

I think not. Bro checkout the Incredible UCL run of 2012 & tell me that Kane has done the same in a crucial moment to lead his side to win an European Cup. 

9 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

You must be a s***s supporter to be that deluded about Kane

He's the same Muppet who defended lloris drink driving by bringing up Alonso's drink driving, so I expect your right.

What is right is right, whats fair is fair........Drog vs Kane is so out there it should not be contemplated. Just a big big mismatch in almost every facet. If Kane achieves 1/5 of Drog, he should Count himself Lucky......Drog is the king, Kane plays for Spurs.

16 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Unquestionably a far superior player than prime Drogba ever was?..........I would love to know how you have come to this conclusion. There is only one thing Kane has over Drogba, and that is that he is a more consistent goal scorer, but as an all round footballer, Drogba destroy's Kane.

28 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Unquestionably a far superior player than prime Drogba ever was?..........I would love to know how you have come to this conclusion. There is only one thing Kane has over Drogba, and that is that he is a more consistent goal scorer, but as an all round footballer, Drogba destroy's Kane.

that's also not clear, because Drogba has been Golden boot owner twice just the same as Kane has and yet he must continue like this in order to put him to Drogbs, who'd been consistent for something like a decade. Also he had suffered two gross injuries that took the opportunity to fight for goalscoring award in his prime years/ 

18 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Don't think you'd make it in MI5 mate it's obvious your Spurs only a Tottenham fan could come out with such a laughable statement. 

I think it's so rare to find a player who had such influential goals in such big moments. 

I'm still quite bummed out that his 2nd return ruined that legacy of him having "Drogba's last kick of the ball was the goal that won us the Champions League Final", that for me was a perfect legacy. 

But he still scored that header against United in his 2nd stint and helped us out whenever he came on. 

On 11/11/2018 at 16:10, Slojo said:

I think it's so rare to find a player who had such influential goals in such big moments. 

I'm still quite bummed out that his 2nd return ruined that legacy of him having "Drogba's last kick of the ball was the goal that won us the Champions League Final", that for me was a perfect legacy. 

But he still scored that header against United in his 2nd stint and helped us out whenever he came on. 

I thought that when he resigned but in many ways it was kind of a perfect closure for him.

He came in, contributed when necessary and gave us one last chance to enjoy him being about, and I think his second exit was even more fitting than Munich, he got carried off the Stamford Bridge turf while he ran the show on the corresponding title celebrations with everyone else including Jose willingly taking a back seat.