RLC
                     Morata - CHO

Subs: Willy, Guehi, Gilmour, Redan, Castillo, Uwakwe, Wakefield

Kepa

Zappacosta  Rudiger  Azpi  Emerson

Cesc

Kovacic               RLC

Pedro             Hazard     Hudson-Odoi

Try something a bit different. Azpi in at CB for Luiz, see if it can work. Sarri flirted with the idea of three wingers up top last game. Lets see if they can do it from the start. Only way i can see to solve the issues up top. 

To be honest, it'll probably be something like:

Kepa

Zappacosta  Cahill  Christensen  Emerson

Cesc

Barkley           RLC

Pedro        Giroud        Willian

Although we have sealed qualification and virtually have top place sealed, I can guarantee that Sarri will still be playing Willian/Pedro/Giroud. Rather than use CHO, he is just going to keep playing the same players. We have so much fixtures coming up in a short space of time, we really need to be rotating the majority of the team for this one. After this we have Fulham, Wolves and City in the space of 7 days and it seems that we always struggle after the midweek game. Please learn your lesson Sarri. This game should be a complete overhaul. 

On 25/11/2018 at 18:20, Valerie said:

Anyone going, or will I be the only one in the stands, begging Carlo for his coaching staff jacket after the match :wink:

Just hold up a little sign Val saying..."Carlo can I have yr jacket please ?"...might just work :bs_comehereyou:

Do we really think Sarri will rotate for this match? I'm more referring to CHO and Ampadu, not the typical rotation because he obviously has rotated for EL.  I know we have qualified for the knockout stage and we win the group with a win or draw, but hopefully we don't have to see Jorginho play at all nor Kante or Hazard. 

On 26/11/2018 at 08:44, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Zappacosta  Rudiger  Azpi  Emerson

Cesc

Kovacic               RLC

Pedro             Hazard     Hudson-Odoi

Try something a bit different. Azpi in at CB for Luiz, see if it can work. Sarri flirted with the idea of three wingers up top last game. Lets see if they can do it from the start. Only way i can see to solve the issues up top. 

To be honest, it'll probably be something like:

Kepa

Zappacosta  Cahill  Christensen  Emerson

Cesc

Barkley           RLC

Pedro        Giroud        Willian

Wouldn't mind that as a back 4 regularly, just swap Alonso in for Emerson

I'm sorry but what better game is there for the lad to improve and get game time than an dead rubber of European fixture at home? 

Hazard and Moses have been confirmed as carrying injuries so start Pedro and Willian (again) in a game that has nothing riding on it and instead give a chance to a player who could maybe, just maybe push for a starting place if given an honest chance in a game rather than a token 5 minutes before the end of the game. 

29 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'm sorry but what better game is there for the lad to improve and get game time than an dead rubber of European fixture at home? 

Hazard and Moses have been confirmed as carrying injuries so start Pedro and Willian (again) in a game that has nothing riding on it and instead give a chance to a player who could maybe, just maybe push for a starting place if given an honest chance in a game rather than a token 5 minutes before the end of the game. 

Whilst I am in total agreement with you and everyone else about CHO needing to play, don't we need a result tomorrow to guarantee topping the group?

47 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Whilst I am in total agreement with you and everyone else about CHO needing to play, don't we need a result tomorrow to guarantee topping the group?

Even if we lose both our remaining games Videoton would still need to overcome our +5 goal difference, a highly unlikely outcome imho. Although we only need 1 point to mathematically win the group for me CHO needs to start, it's a risk worth taking. That said I'd like to see Sarri experiment with a diamond (4-1-2-1-2) tomorrow so will have no qualms with Pedro up top with Morata, with CHO playing the second half.

Archived