Chelsea vs West Ham Utd (PL) Mon 8th Apr 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

A tale of two halves for certain, but the most important part of the story is us with 3 points and back into 3rd.  Fantastic result

I don't think there's been a more deserved MOTM award in wuite a while, but Eden was just on another level today.

I also think Dave and Emerson played really well today, as did Kante, RLC, and Rudiger.

Luiz at times good and at times frustrating.  Gonzalo and Jorginho not really showing why Sarri trusts them so much.

CHO in and out, and really should have had an assist.

We've certainly put ourselves in with a chance again now. Would be great if we can find a way to win at Liverpool. Not only will that massively increase our chances of top 4, but it will really mess them up again [emoji6]

We normally perform against them so expect them going for the league they might be nervous if we go infront they will win

Brilliant performance. Never easy against them. Things could be starting to gel and there’s more to it than team selection. Hazard - no words. Cardiff performance by our fans increasingly “ouch” with each minute played since, but also a POTENTIAL watershed. Not counting any chickens. Tough games ahead. 

8 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

while this has been a lot of fun, if we play like this at Anfield we'll get spanked

We will see, we’ll definitely have to set up differently as Liverpool will come on to us more. 

Im a lot happier going to Anfield now than I would have been a month ago.

Job done, thank goodness for Eden, got a bit hairy in the 2nd when Pelligrno changed tactics and they got right back into it. Agree Higuain needs to go back to Italia. Anyway never thought we'd be back up to 3rd again this season so Happy Days !!

Edited by General

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Brilliant performance. Never easy against them. Things could be starting to gel and there’s more to it than team selection. Hazard - no words. Cardiff performance by our fans increasingly “ouch” with each minute played since, but also a POTENTIAL watershed. Not counting any chickens. Tough games ahead. 

Nah, I think it's the team selection that's made the difference. 

Good performance. Best for a while. Not a bad player on the pitch for us. Even Higuain who worked very hard off the ball.

Thought Sarri's subs were good. Barkley gave us more control and took the tempo down. Ruben is a bit more end to end which wasn't what was required. Felt particularly good when Ross ignored the crowd and made the decision to pass to Eden rather than shoot. Should shut up the boo boys who carried on when that sub was made.

It's a big win and it's going to be very close for top 4. Those 10 goals shipped against City and Bournemouth could well be the difference.

Made hard work of it in the end. Had loads of chances to kill it off, but it was a good perfomance overall.

Theres nothing left to say about hazard that hasn't been said already. Best in the league, one of greatest ever, hope he stays but if he goes then I will wish him every success. 

Kante, Azpilicueta, Emerson and RLC, all had great games, Barkley did very well when he came on aswell. 

CHO didnt have his best game, wasnt poor, but flitted in and out of game. Good game for him to play in though, and this is the experience he needs to reach Hazards level. 

Jorginho and Rudiger were a little shaky second half, higuian was pretty poor throughout. 

Promising signs though, shame it has taken so long, but if Sarri sticks with this core, I think we could develop into a great side under him. 

Big 3 points. 

1 minute ago, just said:

Agreed. I think had Emerson, RLC and CHO featured more regularly a month earlier we would be in a much more comfortably position in regards to top 4. 

4 minutes ago, goose said:

We will see, we’ll definitely have to set up differently as Liverpool will come on to us more. 

Im a lot happier going to Anfield now than I would have been a month ago.

me too - would love us to get a result. a clean sheet if possible. 

Made hard work of it in the end. Had loads of chances to kill it off, but it was a good perfomance overall.

Theres nothing left to say about hazard that hasn't been said already. Best in the league, one of greatest ever, hope he stays but if he goes then I will wish him every success. 

Kante, Azpilicueta, Emerson and RLC, all had great games, Barkley did very well when he came on aswell. 

CHO didnt have his best game, wasnt poor, but flitted in and out of game. Good game for him to play in though, and this is the experience he needs to reach Hazards level. 

Jorginho and Rudiger were a little shaky second half, higuian was pretty poor throughout. 

Promising signs though, shame it has taken so long, but if Sarri sticks with this core, I think we could develop into a great side under him. 

Big 3 points. 

1 minute ago, just said:

Agreed. I think had Emerson, RLC and CHO featured more regularly a month earlier we would be in a much more comfortably position in regards to top 4. 

Just now, just said:

a major factor, for sure, but not the only one. I think our nadir was well before the Cardiff match -  Man U FA cup zappacosta substitution was the lowest point for me. Been improving since. We played well against Tottenham and city without everyone’s faves in the side. And Jorginho has really improved over the past couple of games (granted you could put that down to team selection, but not fully.) I had major doubts about him . He’s proving me wrong now and I hope it continues.