Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

Why are people mentioning we aren't adding to the squad because of the ban?? We are gaining players back from loan who will hopefully give us a much better squad next season alongside young players like Mount, James, Tomori etc.

As long as we have a manager who will play the youngsters.

At least if SFL and Jody come back they know them and will hopefully play them regularly. 

7 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Nope you missed my point. 

I want frank lampard, I think he's the best option. I'm just nervous the fans will get him sacked. 

But I'm nervous the fans will get anyone sacked. I don't think the fans understand what a bad season is and what a transition season is. They just see bad or title challenging. Next season we definitely wont be title challengers and I don't see how we can be top 4 challenging if one of arsenal or united sort their sh*t out.

A lot of fans thought this season was bad up until we won the Europa League. It wasn't. It was a transition season. Next year is yet another transition season. But we will see. 

It was more down to the manner of Sarri that people got fed up with him at times, sometimes he just looked like he didn't care or have any interest.

I loved Conte in his first season, he was really passionate but he lost that in his second season because he didn't feel fully supported by the club.

Hopefully Frank will bring that in spades because of his connection and status with the club and the fans will endear to him very quickly. I'd like to think most of the fan base would be realistic in their expectations and if we can progress the team using our youth players what a result that would be.

13 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Nope you missed my point. 

I want frank lampard, I think he's the best option. I'm just nervous the fans will get him sacked. 

But I'm nervous the fans will get anyone sacked. I don't think the fans understand what a bad season is and what a transition season is. They just see bad or title challenging. Next season we definitely wont be title challengers and I don't see how we can be top 4 challenging if one of arsenal or united sort their sh*t out.

A lot of fans thought this season was bad up until we won the Europa League. It wasn't. It was a transition season. Next year is yet another transition season. But we will see. 

Here’s what you posted earlier

“We will lose BIG against a top 6 rival. We will have an embarrassing home defeat against a team we would expect to beat. We will limp out of the CL at some stage - hopefully the QF but probably the L16 or potentially even the group stage. There is absolutely no reason for me to think none of those will happen. That isn't me being pessimistic, that's realistic. “

Not what if but we will. 

If that’s not pessimistic then I don't know what is

You want Frank appointed but you know he’s going to : lose big against a top6 rival, have an embarrassing home defeat,limp out of the CL so if nots that very much based on the Private Fraser mantra of “We’re Doomed “then I don’t know what is

So lets appoint him but you know he’s going to fail next season 

5 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

It was more down to the manner of Sarri that people got fed up with him at times, sometimes he just looked like he didn't care or have any interest.

I loved Conte in his first season, he was really passionate but he lost that in his second season because he didn't feel fully supported by the club.

Hopefully Frank will bring that in spades because of his connection and status with the club and the fans will endear to him very quickly. I'd like to think most of the fan base would be realistic in their expectations and if we can progress the team using our youth players what a result that would be.

So because Sarri wasnt leaping around like a lunatic he wasnt interested? Such a weird concept, I would much prefer a manager who keeps his cool on the sidelines and takes in whats going on than one who is constantly berating the officials, holding his head in his hands, throwing his arms around.

5 minutes ago, terraloon said:

Here’s what you posted earlier

“We will lose BIG against a top 6 rival. We will have an embarrassing home defeat against a team we would expect to beat. We will limp out of the CL at some stage - hopefully the QF but probably the L16 or potentially even the group stage. There is absolutely no reason for me to think none of those will happen. That isn't me being pessimistic, that's realistic. “

Not what if but we will. 

If that’s not pessimistic then I don't know what is

You want Frank appointed but you know he’s going to : lose big against a top6 rival, have an embarrassing home defeat,limp out of the CL so if nots that very much based on the Private Fraser mantra of “We’re Doomed “then I don’t know what is

So lets appoint him but you know he’s going to fail next season 

I think there isn't a manager in world football who could prevent that happening next year. Bear in mind, all 3 of those things happened in the season just gone (bar the CL but only because we were not in it) and this year was successful. We've just lost our star player and we have an injury crisis going into the start of next year. 

I dont view that as Lampard failing. I view that as the club having failed over the past 5 years. 

Edited by bisright1

7 hours ago, dkw said:

So because Sarri wasnt leaping around like a lunatic he wasnt interested? Such a weird concept, I would much prefer a manager who keeps his cool on the sidelines and takes in whats going on than one who is constantly berating the officials, holding his head in his hands, throwing his arms around.

I prefer that to, I'm just highlighting what some sections of the fanbase thought. Nothing wrong in seeing some passion though.

Edited by Malcolm9

12 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Three year contract apparently agreed and we should be getting an announcement by the end of the week.

Though we’ve been here before with Sarri “hot, hot days. 48 hours”

Excellent news if true. I don't care that he has limited experience. After the season we just had with Sarri, which saw a huge division amongst our fan-base, having Super Frank is exactly what we need. 

He will unite the squad, fans and staff alike. The rumours that we are having the 'class of 2004' back to help behind the scenes- Jody Morris, Makelele alongside Petr Cech, is the icing on the cake. We are ushering in a new era here- a huge period of transition and rebuilding, made all the more difficult by the transfer ban (and all the more interesting). The nurturing of our youth talents and the recalling of such maligned players such as Bakayoko and Michy- all I say is, bring it on!

Frank knows RA has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to managers, so he is under no illusion here. He must have had his mind reassured that he will be given time- at least two or three seasons- for things to click into place. 

I can't wait. 

I know it's going to be a tough season with Hazard gone and the transfer ban in place but, you know what? I'm looking forward to the next season. 

Lampard comes in as a club legend. That's going to give everyone a lift straight away. 

It's going to be so refreshing have a young, English, ambitious coach in charge of the team. 

Jody Morris as assistant, a man who is also already ingrained into the club... No digging out some former player from the abyss to help out the latest fashionable coach we've appointed. 

You're going to have a management team who have heft ties to the club and want to see it succeed. 

I know it's going to be a bit like the club gambling on former glories but I'm on board with that gamble. Since we sacked Ancelotti we've stumbled from manager to manager almost in an identity crises. Not quite sure of who we want to be as a club. 

If we appoint Lampard, Morris and bring in Cech as a sporting director we're laying down a blueprint of what we want the club to be going forward. We're doubling down on the identity of Chelsea. 

I know Lampard is inexperienced but I don't care. I'm as excited by the idea of Frank being in charge of the team as I have been of any previous managerial appointment. 

On 18/06/2019 at 12:05, dkw said:

I agree to a degree. Rather a cool, level headed guy than one who is a bit of a loose cannon and shows himself up.

But when I look back on footage of Conte, boy do I miss that. The passion he showed at times and the joy when we won and the jumping into the crowd etc. I know he turned into a sulky bugger but that first season he had the balance of coolness and passion spot on.

7 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I agree to a degree. Rather a cool, level headed guy than one who is a bit of a loose cannon and shows himself up.

But when I look back on footage of Conte, boy do I miss that. The passion he showed at times and the joy when we won and the jumping into the crowd etc. I know he turned into a sulky bugger but that first season he had the balance of coolness and passion spot on.

Passionate when celebrating, cool when under pressure and needing to make decisions is a great mix, and Conte had that the first season. But I also had no problem at all with Sarri not losing his mind every time something happened, that would be incredibly counter productive in any manager surely. Its basically what Mourinho become, he got dragged (or dragged himeslf?) into off field battles both during games and away from them, totally took away what made him great in the first place.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I know it's going to be a tough season with Hazard gone and the transfer ban in place but, you know what? I'm looking forward to the next season. 

Lampard comes in as a club legend. That's going to give everyone a lift straight away. 

It's going to be so refreshing have a young, English, ambitious coach in charge of the team. 

Jody Morris as assistant, a man who is also already ingrained into the club... No digging out some former player from the abyss to help out the latest fashionable coach we've appointed. 

You're going to have a management team who have heft ties to the club and want to see it succeed. 

I know it's going to be a bit like the club gambling on former glories but I'm on board with that gamble. Since we sacked Ancelotti we've stumbled from manager to manager almost in an identity crises. Not quite sure of who we want to be as a club. 

If we appoint Lampard, Morris and bring in Cech as a sporting director we're laying down a blueprint of what we want the club to be going forward. We're doubling down on the identity of Chelsea. 

I know Lampard is inexperienced but I don't care. I'm as excited by the idea of Frank being in charge of the team as I have been of any previous managerial appointment. 

Here, Here, this managerial appointment is by far the most exciting I can remember, and beats any superstar signing of a player we could of made (if we were allowed to sign anyone).

On 20/06/2019 at 21:05, ForeverCarefree said:

Well said. I feel exactly the same.

43 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Maybe it's all a smoke screen and come Monday our new manager will be unveiled and it will be the FSW!!!!

At least if FSW became manager we could all be united in our hatred rather than the bickering of the last two seasons!