Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Although i'm still cautious in the long term this is probably still the best managerial appointment we could make with what was available to us. 

There's likely to be a morale boost and i expect us to start the new season strongly, it's after Christmas him and Jody will be tested. 

Will be content with top 6 and a tasty run in one of the domestic cups.

Frank's farewell message to Derby County:

"I would like to say a special thank you to Mel Morris, the players, staff and everyone who is associated with Derby County Football Club," 

“It has been a fantastic experience for me, and I feel privileged to have managed such a prestigious club.

“Most of all, I want to thank the fans who supported me and the team from the day I arrived in the City. I wish everyone the best of luck going forward.”

Absolute class.

Whether you think it's too early for him to be our manager or not, you can't deny how good it feels to have Frank home again.  This is going to give anyone involved with Chelsea in any way, shape or form a massive lift.

Welcome back, Super Frank!

I'm chuffed, obviously our scatter gun managerial process is bound to make us all a bit nervous, and no one wants this to end badly.

Having said that I feel that Lampard understands the club, and crucially the owner in a way other managers simply didn't get. We know it will be a challenge and he won't be able to make new signings, but this could be a positive thing. We have a great youth team and there'll be none of that, "well you got your signings, now we expect results" mind set.

I know he's inexperienced as a manager but he is not inexperienced when it comes to the unique challenges of CFC. I fully expect him to be better than AVB, Scolari and Sarri. Hazard going is huge loss obviously, but I hope the fans don't turn on him if we have a dodgy season.

I'd be happy to settle for a few years of failure if we actually start to build something. Welcome back Frank, let the West Ham triggering commence.

This just has such a feel good factor about it and in football that factor has the effect of a few new signings, let’s hope Frank can keep it up, his first team test will come when we have a wobble but I’m confident he has the calibre to cope, winners are winners, we know he has the mentality. 

Can we still chant Super Frank or is it Mr. Lampard now? 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Although i'm still cautious in the long term this is probably still the best managerial appointment we could make with what was available to us. 

There's likely to be a morale boost and i expect us to start the new season strongly, it's after Christmas him and Jody will be tested. 

couldnt agree more, 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Same here, but I wonder how many people will still be as optimistic in the long term future if we end up 12th after the first year. Untested manager, main signing never played in this country before, untried youngsters some of which recently injured, transfer embargo and a media circus loving every single slip up and mistake as a chance to hammer our racist, fickle, serve yourself right, fans!