Jump to content

coco

Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 23rd Nov 17:30 GMT

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Dixons said:

I remember going to Luton for the first time, losing my mates and ending up in the Luton fans end wearing my Chelsea shirt.  Height of hooligan era, so lucky i didn't get my head kicked in.                                                 Btw. What a sh*thole that place was. Just some flimsy cowsheds around the pitch.

My local team,it's actually worse now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City will look to reset after the scouse result, but the break isn't gonna help as virtually whole squad is away - their strengths are massive, but so are their weaknesses.

Defensively they are not settled so provided we can avoid early c/ups and a goal for them, we can hit them on the counter - compare the two teams from last season (on earlier post) and we look much better, they don't

May depend on whether their keeper is fit to play..............

Sure we can get another 3 away goals and 3 points!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Slojo said:

When I think about how good we are at attacking and on the ball, I get so much confidence, then I remind myself of the defence and our set piece defending, and it all goes to pot. 

We're going to have to ride our luck and hope Aguero has a game like he did at Anfield, but there's little chance we will be as lucky as Liverpool. 

While the attacking side of our football has been great to see, as you've said. The defense is typically the last piece of the puzzle to come around and it is quite obviously the case with Chelsea as well. The positive is that we have improved defensively overall as the season has progressed. I'm not sure you can say that about the set pieces tho; hopefully that changes soon though. 

This will be a great test to really see where we are at. Where we can really compare ourselves honestly to one of the best sides in all of the world. While I know we can knick a result here, no one thinks that we are better than City, but I think we can see our end product being on that similar level to City and Liverpool.

We may end up being luck. But, hard work and relentless energy will help bring luck to our side. Up the Blues, my friend. Here's to 3 points next weekend. :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be a very tough game. I would happy take a draw here but our defense will need to be on top form. I would definitely go with a 3 man midfield of kante jorginho kova just to be more defensive.

kepa

azbi zouma tomori Emerson 

kante jorginho kova 

willian Abraham pulisic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 23:57, Slojo said:

Jorginho this season looks 100% better defensively, if this was the Jorginho of last season I would agree with Hephzibah, against City we need to be capable of comfortably winning the ball back. 

there is a little blind spot that i think you have about Jorginho. I think the major mistake you are making is that once a player does any incredible thing in any match, it means he is a superstar and he must be starting every match for the team. you dont care whether he did it again a weak team, all you care about is that since you have seen him playing well and doing well against a team in the premier league, he must be good and should be starting every game in the premier league. Do you know that every game in the premier league is DIFFERENT. For example, last week, when Jorginho was banned and we played Kante, Kovacic and Mount, we didnt have to be afraid of Crystal Palace's good attacking players, Kante stopped their attacks, plus James and Emerson. But, last weekend, if we had played Jorginho in the hole, Zaha, Townsend and co, would have exploited that weakness and that match would probably have ended in a draw or a loss. I am saying this especially at this time when our two central defenders are still inexperienced, we need to provide adequate protection for them.

Last season, in a match against Spurs, i remember how Son scored the third goal. he simply got the better of Jorginho and scored the goal. The point is, Jorginho's position is supposed to protect the back four but Jorginho by his characteristics is not a defensive player, we all know that, and that exposes our defence against teams like Man city, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs. If we play Kante in the position we are currently playing him and we allow Jorginho to continue to play in the defensive midfield position, Kante will not have the chance to be able to protect the back four, but if we remove Jorginho from that position and we put Kante there (just like it happened against Crystal Palace last weekend). Kante will be able to protect our defence, and therefore Kovacic and Mount will be more deadly up front because they dont need keep coming back to support Kante to protect the back four. As it is now, Kovacic is not able to concentrate on his attacking role because all the time, Jorginho is not able to protect the back four alone and Kovacic therefore needs to always track back to assist him. 

The problem with Jorginho is that he cannot play any other position in the midfield apart from the position he is currently playing and we need a defensive player in that position against top teams. I acknowledge his efforts this season, it has really been helping us against the smaller teams, he should keep playing against the lesser teams but obviously it has not been good enough for us against the top teams. He knew that coming from last season, everybody had been shouting that Kante should be returned back to his normal position, he knows that once we return Kante back to his normal position, he cannot play in any other position, he would be returned to the bench and that may spell the end to his career. therefore he has been doing every thing within his power this season to prevent the coach from returning Kante back to his rightful position. But we can all see now that we cannot keep doing that against the top teams, Kante needs to be playing that position against the top teams.

For me, if we want to finish in the top four, we cannot afford to lose home and away against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City, etc. therefore, Jorginho should keep playing against the lesser teams but against the top teams, Kante, Kovacic and Mount should be playing in the midfield.

Its just a matter of treating every match differently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

there is a little blind spot that i think you have about Jorginho. I think the major mistake you are making is that once a player does any incredible thing in any match, it means he is a superstar and he must be starting every match for the team. you dont care whether he did it again a weak team, all you care about is that since you have seen him playing well and doing well against a team in the premier league, he must be good and should be starting every game in the premier league. Do you know that every game in the premier league is DIFFERENT. For example, last week, when Jorginho was banned and we played Kante, Kovacic and Mount, we didnt have to be afraid of Crystal Palace's good attacking players, Kante stopped their attacks, plus James and Emerson. But, last weekend, if we had played Jorginho in the hole, Zaha, Townsend and co, would have exploited that weakness and that match would probably have ended in a draw or a loss. I am saying this especially at this time when our two central defenders are still inexperienced, we need to provide adequate protection for them.

Last season, in a match against Spurs, i remember how Son scored the third goal. he simply got the better of Jorginho and scored the goal. The point is, Jorginho's position is supposed to protect the back four but Jorginho by his characteristics is not a defensive player, we all know that, and that exposes our defence against teams like Man city, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs. If we play Kante in the position we are currently playing him and we allow Jorginho to continue to play in the defensive midfield position, Kante will not have the chance to be able to protect the back four, but if we remove Jorginho from that position and we put Kante there (just like it happened against Crystal Palace last weekend). Kante will be able to protect our defence, and therefore Kovacic and Mount will be more deadly up front because they dont need keep coming back to support Kante to protect the back four. As it is now, Kovacic is not able to concentrate on his attacking role because all the time, Jorginho is not able to protect the back four alone and Kovacic therefore needs to always track back to assist him. 

The problem with Jorginho is that he cannot play any other position in the midfield apart from the position he is currently playing and we need a defensive player in that position against top teams. I acknowledge his efforts this season, it has really been helping us against the smaller teams, he should keep playing against the lesser teams but obviously it has not been good enough for us against the top teams. He knew that coming from last season, everybody had been shouting that Kante should be returned back to his normal position, he knows that once we return Kante back to his normal position, he cannot play in any other position, he would be returned to the bench and that may spell the end to his career. therefore he has been doing every thing within his power this season to prevent the coach from returning Kante back to his rightful position. But we can all see now that we cannot keep doing that against the top teams, Kante needs to be playing that position against the top teams.

For me, if we want to finish in the top four, we cannot afford to lose home and away against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City, etc. therefore, Jorginho should keep playing against the lesser teams but against the top teams, Kante, Kovacic and Mount should be playing in the midfield.

Its just a matter of treating every match differently.

 

Jorginho is by far our best player. Tactically he and Kante fit in every game plan. No way he can be benched in important games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2019 at 08:15, Emenalo said:

Chelsea fc don't play Like Liverpulz Metal Football....And Let's Not Forget That Jorginho is a Creative N0 4..... Chelsea Can get Something out of this Match if Lampard Fields the right Players or Uses the right Tactics. Telling which Player/Tactics that will pay for him might be the major Challenge, Team spirit at its Highest...He will Learn tho...

This post has given me AIDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Jorginho is by far our best player. Tactically he and Kante fit in every game plan. No way he can be benched in important games.

Even though I agree with the latter part, you can't be serious about him being our best player by far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long till we play again, god it's a long two weeks, back in the day internationals were played Tues and weds, and didn't disrupt domestic weekends, once again FIFA so far away from having their finger on the pulse of what fans want, they bought these international weekends about because of the lethagy amongst fans about international football, and now have alienated fans even more by disrupting their domestic football, doesn't matter how much they try, international football will only be relevant in tournament finals when they fill in the boredom of a long summer without club football, I'm sorry but who the f**k is going to jump up and down cheering Kane, Henderson, and Sterling in a game against some country from the arse end of no where. UTC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to trouble their defence. The reason why they seemed so good the past seasons were because teams are too worried about their attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deino said:

We need to trouble their defence. The reason why they seemed so good the past seasons were because teams are too worried about their attack. 

If we get an early goal could be a really interesting match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting game this. City are there to be got at and if we pick our moments we can definitely trouble them. Think we will need to rely on a bit of luck to get a result but there's no reason why we can't trouble them going forward.

I also think there's more pressure on them than us. No-one thinks we are in the title race but many people will say City are still Liverpool's closest challengers so this has to be a must win game for City. (despite us and Leicester being above City). So that pressure might make City try and overplay and potentially force mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zes said:

Pulisic will be up against Kyle Walker. Interesting contest 

 

Any injury updates on Pulisic? Is he expected to start this Saturday?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are the clear underdog here despite being point ahead. Also the trauma from last season has to be in the heads of some of our players. Glad we have a much changed side.

I think we can win there. We absolutely can. We need the best game of the season and a quiet afternoon from them. We can't let any easy goals in and Tammy and co need to hit every opportunity. We have more to win than City. If we lose we lose. If they lose this one Liverpool is cruising to title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evissy said:

Also the trauma from last season has to be in the heads of some of our players. Glad we have a much changed side.

Three of that team has left (Luiz,Ededn,Higuain).

Kante and Jorginho will hopefully be the only outfield players on the pitch who starred in that 6-0.

That means 8-9 new players on the pitch, mostly youngsters, Abraham, Pulisic, Willian, Mount, James, Emerson, Tomori, Zouma, Kovacic and possibly CHO.

Different manager, different mindset, different formation.

Its a totally different game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coco said:

Three of that team has left (Luiz,Ededn,Higuain).

Kante and Jorginho will hopefully be the only outfield players on the pitch who starred in that 6-0.

That means 8-9 new players on the pitch, mostly youngsters, Abraham, Pulisic, Willian, Mount, James, Emerson, Tomori, Zouma, Kovacic and possibly CHO.

Different manager, different mindset, different formation.

Its a totally different game.

Sounds like a Sky Sports promo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...