Bournemouth v Chelsea (PL) Sat 29th Feb 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I hope, whatever team is picked, we see two key things going forward:

1. Every game matches the desire and work ethic the players showed against Spurs. This should be a minimum expectation, similar to how Chris Wilder puts it for his side.

2. We start to learn from our mistakes. We need to see improvement and cohesion from both the defensive side and offensive side as a team.

As a bonus, lets get back to enjoying watching our side play as well.

Lampards tactic clearly doesn't work at this point, never mind not having a real plan B, we don't seem to have a plan A at the moment.

He needs to turn things around on the training ground. Nothing seems to work and I really sympathise with him trying to get any consistency going but after more than half a season he still doesn't know what is his best formation and that is hurting us, at some point you need to stick to your guns and say this is how we will play and we need to get better at this...

Stop with the stupid high pressing, it didn't work at the start of the season and it doesn't work now and everyone has been exploiting it against us, Mount needs to learn how to be more effective with the ball he shouldn't be just a pure runner. Next game is a great opportunity to take a step back and try again with 4-2-3-1 with Mount wide and Barkley in the middle.

Edited by Gol15

On 26/02/2020 at 18:25, Strider6003 said:

Noticed against Spurs Barkley's shot off the cross bar set up Giroud and yesterday after Mount had a break cleared it was Barkley following up with a shot Neuer saved.

Yesterday he put a shift in closing down Bayern not as good as Mount yet just the same as good as Willian. 

Think if we play the same set up he might very well score.

Don't you  just love Football Strider and people's different views on Football, I thought Barkley was slow, lazy, and immobile on Tuesday and was wanting him hauled off after 20 minutes, I honestly only think he looks any good when he plays against teams like Azerbaijan for England, he's just not a sharp or intelligent Footballer. There you go, now I said that he'll pop up with the winner on Saturday, he's hoping

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Don't you  just love Football Strider and people's different views on Football, I thought Barkley was slow, lazy, and immobile on Tuesday and was wanting him hauled off after 20 minutes, I honestly only think he looks any good when he plays against teams like Azerbaijan for England, he's just not a sharp or intelligent Footballer. There you go, now I said that he'll pop up with the winner on Saturday, he's hoping

Yes I don't think he is the most mobile yet with RLC and Pulisic out and Willian putting in ghost performances Barkley puts in a shift for 40-50 mins and Frank can then go for the mercurial Willian if needed. Or even Pedro who is full of tricks on the ball recently yet has not hit the target for some time.

Barkley for me is good at reading goal scoring opportunities from the AM position. 

In terms of our starting XI, there are a couple of considerations to make here:

- Who is actually fit to play? A lot of the squad have played 180 minutes in less than a week, and there a few players out injured. 

- What strength XI do we intend to play against Liverpool on Tuesday?

Caballero, Alonso, Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta, James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Mount and Giroud all started against both Tottenham and Bayern. Kanté, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic, and possibly Abraham are all injured. That leaves us with Willian, Pedro, Zouma, Batshuayi, Tomori and Emerson. Ouch. James and Barkley in particular looked completely exhausted. 

I'd be inclined to bring Kepa back for the Cup game, and I'd probably be looking to give Tomori and Zouma a run-out then as well. This seems like a good opportunity to get the two centre-backs some match sharpness. Our hands are pretty much tied in midfield, and we have a complete ballache up front (Giroud looked knackered before half-time on Tuesday, Abraham is apparently injured and Batshuayi is crap). I don't think we need a back three in this game. 

I suppose that leaves us with this undesirable situation:

----------------------------Caballero

Azpilicueta---------Zouma-----------Tomori---------Emerson

-----------------------------Jorginho

---------------------Kovacic----------Mount

----------Willian----------------------------------Pedro

-----------------------------Giroud

43 minutes ago, coco said:

We owe them a right good hiding, failing that i would settle for an Abraham 94th minute winner, which would surely hurt as much as a hiding.

Very true.

Any win for us tomorrow.

And we kick off tomorrow at 3pm !  That's rare now a days.

Wonder if we will see RLC from the start for the first time this season.  I imagine we will see a return to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1  ... I hope Lamps got the boys motivated and ready to go I'd also like to see Zouma and Tomori return to the back line as well. Ideal for me:

Kepa | James Tomori Zouma Azpi | Jorginho Kova RLC | Mount Giroud Willian

Whats been going on with Emerson? Was he dealing with an injury or just bad form? I feel like I've missed something in there, haven't seen him in the squad in what feels like ages.

28 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Then I would see RLC replacing Barkley to give him limited time in the 2nd for a more gentle introduction.

looking at our history playing at Dean Court aka the Vitality Stadium, Chelsea haven't been the #1 side. remember what happened last season? The Cherries busted up Chelsea real good. What was it? 4-0?