coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

21 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Mainly because he’s our only fit midfielder left...

Lol true but is not like Frank has 0 options.

Barkley---James----Mount 

For 1.

If Kovacic and Willian aren't fit, and let's be honest they aren't going to be, I just don't have any confidence of us winning this game I'm afraid. I'll be interested to see Gilmour starting and he's going to start surely, but other than that I think it'll be miracle if we manage 3 points here, way too many injuries in this side it's gotten ridiculous. An attack of Pedro-Giroud-Mount? Bloody hell... 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

If Kovacic and Willian aren't fit, and let's be honest they aren't going to be, I just don't have any confidence of us winning this game I'm afraid. I'll be interested to see Gilmour starting and he's going to start surely, but other than that I think it'll be miracle if we manage 3 points here, way too many injuries in this side it's gotten ridiculous. An attack of Pedro-Giroud-Mount? Bloody hell... 

Believe, Slojo! First the scalp of the red scousers, then the hide of the blue scousers :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Believe, Slojo! First the scalp of the red scousers, then the hide of the blue scousers :biggrin:

I really want to, and I was shocked by the Liverpool result and performance but I just can't see it, whenever I've watched Everton they look brilliant under Carlo. We have way too many injuries right now, so I'm not blaming anyone, we're really unfortunate. 

Posted (edited)

With Kovacic being possibly out of the Everton game I feel guilty at liking the prospect of a Gilmour-RLC-Barkley (or James) midfield, with Mount on the left side of attack, with Giroud up top and Willian/Pedro on the right. Stick to the same defenders as well, we need some continuity in that department.

Stick with the 4-3-3 Frank and play the counter, I've always preferred us to play this way rather than tippy tappy 5 yard passes with a high press. We were fantastic last night against a still reasonably strong Liverpool team.

Edited by Malcolm9

Since its against Everton iam type of going all in with me poker chips >>> wooossshhhhhh <<< that mr.barkley steps up to have a

blinding 8 or more out of 10 game .think cfc should beg borrow and steal as many Free kicks that are within a effective range of alonso/ mount as they both seem to be good options to score from a Free kick if they play.

since there are so many 1st 11 that have injury i be happy with a draw this time ,but saying that We have a platform of the 2-0 over t’other scouse mugs to build on ,and 3 PTS is a MUST to keep the mancs and others from 4 th place in table .

it would help us if the Everton team have not got off the team coach as they say when a team plays sh*te .

I’ve finally been at the Bridge to witness us win at home this season so I’m thinking these wins are like London buses right?

I watched Everton v Man Utd and thought they deserved the win. Average group of players although Richarlison, Gomes and Calvert-Lewin are decent and a threat. Ancellotti has shown even in his autumn years he’s both tactically and in terms of man management way ahead of a lot of the numpties of the Prem. 

I’m banking on the dad’s army of Giroud, Pedro and Willian to do the business. With the injuries at least Frank has an easy selection. I’d play Gilmour again after his display against Liverpool. He deserves it.

Kepa

James
Tomori
Zouma
Alonso

Gilmour
Barkley
Loftus-Cheek

Pedro
Mount
Giroud

Would love to see this line-up on Sunday. If Willian is fit he will probably start over loftus-cheek with Mount dropping back into midfield. Azpi may also start over Alonso or James to offer us some more defensive stability (even though he seems to be losing out on so many of his individual duels this season!). Tomori over Rudiger. Rudiger is a disaster waiting to happen at the moment - got very lucky with some of his suicidal passing last night.

8 hours ago, Slojo said:

We can do it still, will be tough, will need to show the same aggression and desire as last night. Kova is a loss, Willian not so much imo. He has hardly been amazing of late.

Assuming none of the injured are back to help out then Frank can either start RLC or reserve him to come off the bench:

Kepa

Dave

Zouma

Tomori

Alonso

James

Gilmour

RLC/Barkley/Mount

Mount/Anjorin

Giroud

Pedro

Leaves a bench likely of: Willy Cab, Rudiger, Maatsen, Barkely/RLC, Mount/Anjorin, McCormick, Broja

I would be inclined to move James in to midfield to add a bit more steel and strength. His attacking game would also allow him to be further forward and whip balls in for Giroud and Pedro.

I would be tempted to go the same as last night though assuming Willian is injured then start with Mount. 

Although Rudiger looked a bit nervy early on I liked the look of him and Zouma physically and think that would be good against Everton.

The only concern for me is what happens if Kova does not recover as Jorgy is suspended. 

This will be a real test for our defence and Don Carlo will do his best to instruct his players to put pressure on our backline. But in an open game anything can happen, last season we had RLC stepping up, now I can see either Barkley, Mount or Gilmour doing it for the whole squad.

Everton's away form is poor this season at 13th though recently they have hit some form and Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin have been in some form.

The other factor is the return of Carlo with SB being a home from home.

Doesn’t sound good for Kovacic unfortunately. Gilmour will seemingly play. RLC got the full 90 mins with the U23s Tuesday so may start if we are struggling for numbers I expect but imagine Frank wants to give him a bit more time. 60 mins perhaps?

I prefer Mount in the wide left position rather than centre mid but beggars can’t be choosers...

So positive news on Kovacic so far... gotta think they give him a rest for a bit and maybe we can see Gilmour get the playing time his play has warranted.

I didn't get a chance to watch the match closely yesterday, but every time I did venture in to watch Gilmour looked outstanding. That tackle he had in our own box in the second half was superb... 

Willian's injury is just freaking icing on the injury freaking cake, man.

Kepa

Reece - Rudiger - Zouma - Alonso

Barkley - Gilmour - Kovacic

Pedro - Giroud - Mount

I think Azpi needs to have some sort of break. Was a liability against Pool and Munich.

6 hours ago, evissy said:

Kepa

Reece - Rudiger - Zouma - Alonso

Barkley - Gilmour - Kovacic

Pedro - Giroud - Mount

I think Azpi needs to have some sort of break. Was a liability against Pool and Munich.

I doubt Kova will be playing mate 

Kepa

James     Zouma     Tomori     Alonso

Gilmour     Kovacic

CHO     Mount     Willian

Giroud

Giroud should have a field day getting on the end of CHO and James' link up.

If RLC is available he needs to get at least 30 mins this game, start getting him used to the pace of the prem again.

Not sure if Kovacic is injured? If so play Barkley and Mount next to Gilmour in a three.

13 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

James     Zouma     Tomori     Alonso

Gilmour     Kovacic

CHO     Mount     Willian

Giroud

Not sure if Kovacic is injured? If so play Barkley and Mount next to Gilmour in a three.

bro Kovacic is injuried - I am believe RLC will be pushed into service unless Super Fran puts James into a DM role - also I have news of Don Carlo