Timo Werner

Jezz

• 4 weeks later...

Think about all the chances we’ve made this season, how many would Werner finish? It’s not out of the question Werner could get more than 25 goals if we created as many chances next season.

I can just picture it, long ball to Giroud, a nice flick and Werner is through.

14 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

If you put Girouds Know how on Werners legs, you'd have a world beater, not saying Werner isn't good enough already, But Giroud with pace, wow

If you put William Henry "fatty ' Faulkes Size and the athleticism and agility of  Bonnetti into Kepa we would have a keeper and a half. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I cannot wait to see this guy play. the new era at Chelsea is going to be a fun one.

Never like a youtube highlight reel they can make the worst player look a god, but he does have a decent range of finishing in that clip

Just now, Bonzodog29 said:

Never like a youtube highlight reel they can make the worst player look a god, but he does have a decent range of finishing in that clip

Yeah, I'm more interested in this one than a quick highlight reel, but the highlight reel AND the overall numbers, and I think it's OK if we get a little excited at the potential of our attack next month.

EewslIWWoAE398o.jpg

We should go back to Niko Anelka to find the last Chelsea forward that was quick and agile and could outrun defenders easily. I'm super excited. I still believe in the significance of the heavy presence and I did love me some Giroud, Diego and Drogba forwards but change is for good now I believe. 

Really looking forward to seeing Werner next (this) season but I must admit I didn't realise Leipzig were still in CL and now are through to semi's.

Surprised they let him come when they did and I hope him missing out on a CL semi and possible a CL final isn't going to play on his mind at all. 

4 hours ago, Munkworth said:

How gutted would he be if they won it!

He'd still receive the honour as he played in the campaign, though it would feel pretty hollow. Much like how Alex and Anelka are 2012 champions but have no medal or any real recognition.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

He'd still receive the honour as he played in the campaign, though it would feel pretty hollow. Much like how Alex and Anelka are 2012 champions but have no medal or any real recognition.

Are you sure? I vaguely remember a player (not sure who) getting a medal after leaving the club midseason.

Timo is one of the big reasons why they are even in the QF's. He still played a massive part, you could think of it like him getting a bad injury and missing the rest of the season, but he still certainly deserves a medal.

Just not sure why he wouldn't want to finish off the season with them and then come to England as it was only a few extra weeks